Submit

cynn_tao
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 5:47 pm
So...I need to know more about Limewire. I heard that all you really need to know is what the right file is and don't download something too big...

I also heard that you should put like a magnet or something to keep someone finding out you're using Limewire illegally(even if that doesn't make any sense)  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:42 pm
whats a magnet?
is it something i need to download?
if so do you know where?

I just use limewire downloading things and thats all I been doing for a while  

Violent Talker

cynn_tao
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 7:23 pm
A magnet is that thing you can use to stick to your fridge...so is the rumor about it true?(doubt it...)

and yes, I know where to get it.

I also know you can download stuff off of it...  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 11:23 am
Limewire is one of many P2P programs flying around. (Peer to peer, as in, user to user file transfer.) And they're all safer than most retards make them sound, given you have a good AV and good anti-malware programs (malware=damaging files that aren't really viri and hence AV programs won't pick up.)

The magnet thing? Sure works! And put a condom around your hard disk while you're at it, to avoid the viri! //sarcasm.

Don't believe everything you hear/read in the net. Seriously, all you can achieve by putting a magnet near your computer, is ******** up your disks/CDs/DVDs.

And about files too big? There's more chance you accidentally download a file that's too small (a few bytes) which are all viri and trojans. Those who diss the P2P programs for being unsafe, are often the Homer Simpson of computers.

Example:

"Oh look, the Transformers movie in only 1 KB of size! *Downloads and gets computer killed by virus.* Damn you Limewire!!!!!111111234"

I call it the Darwin Law of computers. The unfit get killed by their own dumbness (too bad in this case they can go and buy another computer, aka revive...)

I have some 600 MB-2 GB videos downloaded via Ares (another P2P similar to Limewire, but IMO better,) and none has any virus inside. Heck, I've downloaded one too many anime movies with Ares. I've even found some rares lying around, like Interstella 5555, the two Card Captor Sakura movies, the Rurouni Kenshin movies (both the beginning and ending movies,) the Evangelion movie (End,) and some other crap...

Heck, you can even find some games around that you won't see anywhere else (because they're "lame" or "old" or other bullshit like that. Doom 1 still pwns Doom 3 anyday to me, thank you very much...)

So, all in all? If you really think your AV is good, use Limewire. You'll either confirm it is good, or find out you need to change it...

Tho I'm a firm believer that using an AV alone is like using a bulletproof vest. The shots won't get you, unless they're to the head. >.>

Oh, by the way.... Limewire itself is illegal. The sharing of copyrighted files through whatever means you want'em is illegal, be it copying a CD for a friend, uploading an episode of an anime online, or downloading stuff via Limewire, eDonkey (RIP,) Kazaa, Ares or whatever... So there's no "legally" using any of those programs.

Just needed to clear that out. If yer gonna be a pirate, ye better be ready to get yer legs soaked in salty water, arr!  

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

cynn_tao
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:23 pm
I heard the magnet thing from a friend...which is weird because it didn't make any sense to me either...so ok, thanks for the information, I guess I'll be downloading it soon.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:26 pm
cynn_tao
A magnet is that thing you can use to stick to your fridge...so is the rumor about it true?(doubt it...)

and yes, I know where to get it.

I also know you can download stuff off of it...

oh who ever said that is stupid times 2

1. i would never put a magnet like that near my computer
2. oh wait even if they are talking about a program call magnet they still got the definition wrong

it does not keep someone from finding out you're using Limewire illegally

instead it allow users to directly download large media files saving website creators and bloggers money on bandwidth costs and effectively propagating files on p2p networks that attract millions of users per day.  

Violent Talker

cynn_tao
Captain

7,200 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:14 am
So anyways...I tried to download it last night, and it wasn't working...my connection was on one bar for some reason and my friend said it was because of my firewall.

I don't know if that's true, but since nothing I did made it work, I deleted it.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 11:40 am

I.. don't have limewire. I used to, though.
I remember sometimes it wouldn't download songs. Like it's saying somethings wrong with my connection and stuff so I just deleted it.
This is how I download songs:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6cNLB3vXDw

It's easy and you can actually listen to them before downloading.

I've never heard of the magnet thing. I never got caught and I've used it for like 2-ish years. It's not like there's only a "few" people downloading music illegally.

-Berry Pop- x3

Pop-Culture Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff