K U R I C A K E
Captain

Shameless Detective

11,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:41 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
If you have any questions or concerns about getting to AE or finding out about times and housing, this is the place to ask.

Housing: If you are looking for a place to stay (shared townhouses).

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:03 pm
who's gonna be there so far?  

TheIllustriousBlueJay

K U R I C A K E
Captain

Shameless Detective

11,050 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 11:56 am
TheIllustriousBlueJay

you mean special guests for 2006? lol, I don't even think the AE staff knows yet XD

I think we'll find out between late winter and early spring ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:15 pm
Hmm.. who was there in '04? o.o

I think I might like to see the voice actors for Robin and Amon of Witch Hunter Robin.. >> We had "Sakaki" this year, but yeah. D:

Velvet Opera

Editor
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:24 pm
K U R I
TheIllustriousBlueJay

you mean special guests for 2006? lol, I don't even think the AE staff knows yet XD

I think we'll find out between late winter and early spring ^^

As far as timelines for guests go, we have quite a bit to do before any announcements can be made.

As we just had the staff elections and appointed a new director of communications who first needs to close out any remaining issues from last year with last years Guest liason. Then can start the process of finding out who may be available to us for next year.

Always keep an eye on the convention website as all announcement will likely be shown there first, but those in the know will try to keep this guild up-to-date with the stuff everyone should be made aware of, wether for AE or associated events.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 8:44 pm
I would love to see David Kaye there, as well as Scott McNeil (I've met him before. Great guy)  

TheIllustriousBlueJay

Editor
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 11:48 pm
TheIllustriousBlueJay
I would love to see David Kaye there, as well as Scott McNeil (I've met him before. Great guy)

Both are localy based and possible.

Scott loves to come out but had already committed himself to a different convention on the same week-end this year. It is a safe bet that we will look into having Scott back, but no promices.

David was planned to be a guest this year, unfortunately for us, David had to pull out as he needed to go down to the states due to his new contract with ESPN. Again, It is a safe bet that we will try to see if David is available for '06.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:27 pm
Editor
TheIllustriousBlueJay

Both are localy based and possible.

Scott loves to come out but had already committed himself to a different convention on the same week-end this year. It is a safe bet that we will look into having Scott back, but no promices.

David was planned to be a guest this year, unfortunately for us, David had to pull out as he needed to go down to the states due to his new contract with ESPN. Again, It is a safe bet that we will try to see if David is available for '06.
if he does, w00t. I'll get to meet the man behind the robot known as Megatron!  

TheIllustriousBlueJay

Editor
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2005 3:44 pm
TheIllustriousBlueJay

You mean the current voice of Megatron. Frank Welker is the man who created the sound of the Supreme Commander of the Decepticon Forces.

David does get full credit for creating Beast Wars Megatron.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:11 pm
Editor
TheIllustriousBlueJay

You mean the current voice of Megatron. Frank Welker is the man who created the sound of the Supreme Commander of the Decepticon Forces.

David does get full credit for creating Beast Wars Megatron.
and every other Megatron after that.....  

TheIllustriousBlueJay

Editor
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:47 pm
The Mega/Galvatrons for RID, Armada, Energon, & Cybertron are all copies of the original G1 Mega/Galvatron, and as thus, the majority of the work for them is copying the basis of the original while using variations of the voice he created for Beasties.

All those series were produced oversees and the goal of the story writers were to recreate the character after the original. By the time David got to do his Voice Over he had to work into the confines of the character that already existed.

As Beast Wars/Machines were made in town at Mainframe and the animation was crafted to the Vocal tracks, David had a huge impact of the way Megatron (clearly stated as not the original and thus requiring him to create a personality for the character from scratch) was dealt with in the writing and usage of the storylines.

Thus there is a huge difference in the way the character is treated, created and abilities of the Voice Actor involved to make a mark.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:33 pm
ahh ok then. i got it  

TheIllustriousBlueJay

Velvet Opera

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:23 am
Comment on the side: Editor, I love how you're so informed. It's awesome. domokun heart  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:13 am
Rockstar Tragedy
Comment on the side: Editor, I love how you're so informed. It's awesome. domokun heart

Thanx RST.

if it's an AE question, I have been with the event since its days as Anime Showcase over 5 years ago. xd

if it's in the case of the last bit, I have collected and been a fan of Transformers since a month before the original Cartoon started 20 years ago. eek

Regardless, I will be keeping an eye on this guild and do my best to make sure that questions I can give answers for are taken care of and that the members here do here any information that you as Attendees or possible staffers/volunteers may find useful.  

Editor
Crew

TheIllustriousBlueJay

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2005 12:03 pm
.....you can delete this post if you want but I just wanna say that I have an original starscream figure from the original transformers show, but he's missing a missile.  
THE UNOFFICIAL ANIME EVOLUTION GUILD

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff