[Misc] Coming soon… “A Far Cry”

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saria Mithril

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 7:38 pm
“Every night, she came to my dreams.

Every night, we joined our bodies in passion…
and together our hearts beat a symphony of joy.

Connecting across worlds, across dream.

Was it love?

Can you love a dream?

I don't know the answers to those questions.

But when she called…
across worlds…
across dream…
I went to her.

And so it began….”

Coming soon to The Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai Guild

A Far Cry

For over a year, architect Lynne Asthana has been having mysterious dreams about a beautiful princess from a fantasy world. But these are strange dreams, and every morning on waking, Lynne finds a strand of hair in her bed that is not her own. But she ignores the signs of strangeness in order to avoid breaking the spell of the dream, as she slowly falls in love with this strange princess from another world.

Until one day… her princess calls to her across worlds… a cry for help from a faraway land….

And the dream becomes….

✴ ✴ ✴

This will not be a roleplay, but a serialized story. Chapters will be posted at intervals (probably not regular intervals… but intervals that are not too long). People will be free to comment and have discussions between chapters about anything they wish pertaining to the story.

It is my hope that this will stimulate discussion and participation in the guild by those who are already members, and maybe attract new members. If it also inspires other members to give a shot at writing this kind of thing, that would be wonderful. (Imagine if there were two or three such serial stories being run in this guild!) And, if it inspires creativity in other ways, such as by inspiring a roleplay or something else, that would also be wonderful.

The story will begin soon with the posting of the first chapter!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2008 1:19 pm
WOOOOOT its about time!  

Revan Star
Crew

Aenakume

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:52 am
dude! give samples!  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 25, 2008 11:00 am
RevanStar
WOOOOOT its about time!

You might not want to get your hopes up too high. I am afraid it will be quite some time before the posting here catches up with what you got from Anna. xd

Aenakume
dude! give samples!

That is an excellent idea! 3nodding And, while I have your attention, could you make me graphics? You have read the story, so you know what would be appropriate. biggrin

Now, for samples:

Romance!
As the pre-dawn grey filled the castle bed chamber, the two women sat cross-legged, facing each other. There was no further love-making that night; or rather, the love that was shared between them was not physical, but was shared in abundance nonetheless. They did not touch except for their toes, their knees and their hands, but they were connected in a way that transcended any connection they had made with their bodies thus far.

There were tears, there were many tears. Often one would reach up to brush tears from the cheeks of the other, or one would lean forward to embrace the other. For two hearts to meet so purely and completely can be a terrifying, thrilling experience for those involved.

“Part of me is still terrified that you are just a dream,” Lynne whispered, “Part of me doesn’t care. Another part almost wishes you are a dream, because I feel so naked and vulnerable in front of you. Opening myself to you like this… you could hurt me so much if you wanted to. If you were just a dream, I would have nothing to fear.”

Danger!
And then it spoke. Its voice was definitely human, a silky, hissing voice, but it was distorted by having to work its way around the large fangs and wolf-like muzzle, giving it an otherworldly sound.

“Pretty-pretty did not find her friend, yessss?” it asked, mockingly, drawing the final sound out as a menacing hiss by dragging its tongue over its front teeth.

It advanced a few more paces toward her, walking upright. “Mayhap we should gnaw on Pretty-pretty’s bones for a while,” the monster cooed, licking its fangs and clicking its claws together, “Little pretty-pretties always make such delightful noises when you gnaw on their bones. Mayhap Pretty-pretty’s friend with hear her delightful noises and come to her….”

Humour!
“No tricks,” Star shook her head, “I assure you.”

Lynne shifted uncomfortably from the pain, but made no other move. Star drew a small dagger from her wrist, and Lynne immediately tensed, but then Star knelt down on one knee and gently pressed the handle of the dagger into Lynne’s palm. She guided Lynne’s hand to put the dagger to Star’s throat.

“We can walk like this, if you wish,” Star said, her voice perfectly calm.

Lynne stared into Star’s eyes in silence for a while, and neither made a move. Finally, Star spoke, “Even with this, you don’t trust me?”

“No,” Lynne said, miserably, “I… just can’t stand up.”

Star blinked. “Oh… oh, you mean…?”

“Yes,” Lynne admitted, “I was sold the moment you said ‘bath’. I just can’t move.”

“When I said…,” Star blinked again, taken aback, “So you mean… the dagger to the throat…?”

“Oh, yes,” Lynne shrugged, “It wasn’t necessary. I mean, we can still do that if you want to. But… really, all I need is for you to help me up.”

Star made a disappointed face. “No, no… it’s not necessary… the knife, I mean… if you… I…,” she stammered as she helped Lynne to her feet, “I… I just thought it would….”

“No, no,” Lynne said, getting to her feet with a grunt, leaning against Star for support, “It was very bold, actually. And… kind of sexy… I liked it.”

“I…,” Star was still trying to recover her balance, literally and metaphorically, “Really? Bold and sexy?”

“Oh yes,” Lynne nodded, “Very.”

“Oh,” Star smiled a smug, satisfied smile as she guided Lynne toward town, “Well, at least it wasn’t wasted then.”

What will become of our heroine?
The sky turned the colour of blood, then darkened into blackness. Lynne’s head spun, from the impacts she had suffered while being so roughly dragged, from the onset of her fever, and from lack of oxygen due to the difficulty breathing. She found herself nodding off, but every time she jerked back to consciousness, she realized how close she had come… if she fell unconscious, it was very likely she would never wake.

I’m dying, she told herself, with a mixture of disbelief and amusement, I’m dying in a strange fantasy world that I found through my dreams. I feel so calm. It’s so strange.

She looked over the scenery she could see. She was hanging from the gallows facing away from the town, and so she had a view of rolling hills and fields off in the distance, dotted by the odd farmhouse here and there – it was quite lovely.

The land of Aeridur, she thought, Pretty. I’m going to die in the land of Aeridur. Well, at least it’s pretty.

Stay tuned! wink  

Saria Mithril

Aenakume

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:52 pm
er, in case anyone's wondering why this has been delayed: my bad. ^_^;

i make all the pics for sa, and i'm *way* behind. i *just* did the onsen pics she asked me for like months ago, and the dream weaver pics. i still have to do pics for the all good things project, and this.

i'll get caught up! i swear!  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:19 am
It is not like I cannot start without the pictures. xd There are just a few other projects I wanted to get up and running first.

Buuuut biggrin since it is on your schedule, do not worry about the Project All Good Things pictures for now. That is not a priority. In fact, once you finish the warning messages and the pictures for A Far Cry, take a break. 3nodding  

Saria Mithril

Aenakume

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:07 pm
Saria Mithril
It is not like I cannot start without the pictures.

wtf? you're sayin you don't need me? you're sayin i'm useless?

Saria Mithril
Buuuut biggrin since it is on your schedule, do not worry about the Project All Good Things pictures for now. That is not a priority. In fact, once you finish the warning messages and the pictures for A Far Cry, take a break. 3nodding

*hears a whip crack*  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:36 am
Aenakume
Saria Mithril
It is not like I cannot start without the pictures.

wtf? you're sayin you don't need me? you're sayin i'm useless?

Saria Mithril

*hears a whip crack*

I was going to say, "Oh, no! You're really important! I really do need your help!" But then I saw the picture you sent me. xd

*ahem*

Good news everyone, A Far Cry is just about ready to begin. Watch out for it in the next week or so, depending on my other Guild commitments. 3nodding  

Saria Mithril

The Graveyard

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff