Reply Philosophy Threads
What would you do?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Light-of-Essence

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 6:11 pm
What if money was taken away? If it disappeared straight off of the earth and all of humanity had to cope? Money is what drives greed--if not that, then things that can be bought with it--and it's what makes one rich; the lack there of makes one poor.

What would you do? What would occur if is this material that the world revolves around were to vanish and we had to construct order anew?  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:48 pm
Well we'd just go back to trading twenty dozen carrots for a sacramental sheep. Eventually we'd find stones that where very valuble, like gold, and fashon them into coins, and so on. Hehe.  

27x
Crew

Tibby le Chat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:23 pm
I'd like to say we'd have a wonderful communist-type* utopia without all the issues of true communism. Sadly, as all communist experiments have shown us, a classless society is impossibe, and there will always be the "haves" and the "have-nots." We would just develop some other way for some people to have more than others, and other ways to take advantage of those who have less.

(*Disclaimer: I am in no way, shape, or form a communist nor a Marxist.)  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 6:03 am
I_27_04
Well we'd just go back to trading twenty dozen carrots for a sacramental sheep. Eventually we'd find stones that where very valuble, like gold, and fashon them into coins, and so on. Hehe.

I agree with this. It is human nature to trade things that we don't want as much, for things we want more. Money is just a go between which I posted in another thread so I won't get into explaining it again.  

Niniva

Philosophy Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff