Reply Models and Artwork
Gundam Art Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ryu Senshi

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:13 pm
This a a place were you can post art in which you have done of gundams, charicters from the series, or even your own made up charicters/ gundams and discuss about them.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:24 pm
Okay then i will get the ball rolling with one of my earlier pics.

User Image

This is is the Quiq Dragon gundam that i designed a very long time ago, and as you can see i designed it a little after the zero gundam, epeon and altron. I was very stupid back then.... I also designed it a little like a eva by mistake. neutral It's stupid i know, but oh well.  

Ryu Senshi

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:29 pm
I think you need to start with a basic sketch of the MS before you go into it. Also, try a "dynamic" pose (a diagonal) instead of front or side view, as it gives your mobile suit more... feel.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 7:30 pm
Ophiuchus
I think you need to start with a basic sketch of the MS before you go into it. Also, try a "dynamic" pose (a diagonal) instead of front or side view, as it gives your mobile suit more... feel.
yeah and as i said this is a very very old pic that i did some 6 to 7 years ago, and since i don't have a scanner i can't show my best work crying  

Ryu Senshi

ChibiDuo

PostPosted: Thu Jul 22, 2004 10:02 pm
Oh my.. looks like I have some scanning to do. I have quite a few drawings I did during study hall a year ago. I already posted my Ex-S Gundam picture on the old UC Trivia thread..  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 11:00 am
ChibiDuo
Oh my.. looks like I have some scanning to do. I have quite a few drawings I did during study hall a year ago. I already posted my Ex-S Gundam picture on the old UC Trivia thread..
Thats good.  

Ryu Senshi

Heygur142

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 3:39 pm
Here is a pic of Strike from SEED, he has some stuff thats different on him but more or less..
User Image
now I know the hips arent level and the left lower leg is higher then the right but, its still ok  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:03 pm
for me its tough to draw them... sweatdrop  

Phantom Theif Dark

Heygur142

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:09 pm
Phantom Theif Dark

same for me but i just took a pic of one and drew it over and over until i got the basic dymentions down and stuff. dont draw them big just draw them until you feel confee.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:09 pm
Phantom Theif Dark

same for me but i just took a pic of one and drew it over and over until i got the basic dymentions down and stuff. dont draw them big just draw them until you feel confee.  

Heygur142

ChibiDuo

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:15 pm
Actually, I start the same way as I would drawing a human. Lay out the basic fram and skeletal structure. Then, when you have figured out the proportions and pose, add the details gradually.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:43 pm
ChibiDuo
Actually, I start the same way as I would drawing a human. Lay out the basic fram and skeletal structure. Then, when you have figured out the proportions and pose, add the details gradually.
Thats what i used to do but i always had problems when it came to the waist.  

Ryu Senshi

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:44 pm
Ryu Senshi
ChibiDuo
Use a cuboid to simulate hip placement. Take into consideration that Gundam skirt armor only moves up and down, not side to side. If the Gundam is standing at a slant, the skirt armor will also be at that same slant.. as will the "groin" 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2004 4:51 pm
Ophiuchus
Ryu Senshi
ChibiDuo
Use a cuboid to simulate hip placement. Take into consideration that Gundam skirt armor only moves up and down, not side to side. If the Gundam is standing at a slant, the skirt armor will also be at that same slant.. as will the "groin" 3nodding
thanks for the info but i had solved that problem a long while ago.  

Ryu Senshi

Arctic Komodo

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2004 3:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.....  
Models and Artwork

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff