Reply The Graveyard
[Misc] Welcome to my world... the world of awesome Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Aenakume

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:33 pm
Alright, so like, while Saria is makin roleplays and writin novels for the guild, i bet lots of you were all like "WTF is Aena doing?"

A logical question, to be sure. After all, you all must have been sitting on the edge of your seats wondering what awesomeness Aena might be coming up with. And you must have all been biting your nails with trepidation - wondering if, when Aena finally did unveil her masterpiece, if it would be as awesome as what you imagined it might be.

It is. Oh, it is.

So, here's my proposal.

Here in the Guild and in Gaia in general, we all write collaborative stories all the time: we just call 'em roleplays. But they're really stories, written collaboratively.

Now, Saria is already doin a single person story, so you're probly thinkin: "Oh, Aena is gonna propose writing a multi-person novel!"

Oh, foo, don't think so small. ^_^;

i am proposing that we - the Literate Yuri and Shoujoai Guild - get together, join forces and make...

A GAME

Yes, you read right. ^_^ A game. A literate yuri/shoujoai game. Specifically a visual novel, choose-your-own-adventure type game.

What's that you say? Can it be done?

Yes.

And here's the proof.

Starting from this Monday - which was a day off - i began making a sample game. First, of course, i had to learn how to draw. That took a day. Then i drew the character with all her different poses and facial expressions. That took the next day and a bit (give me a ******** break, i only learned to draw the day before). Then i spent the next day learning how to make music and sound effects, but i couldn't get it to work properly on my computer cause of my ******** sound card, so i ditched it for now. Then i spent the last day actually programming, compiling and bundling the game.

And here it is:

Windows version: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?u625y3jueox
Linux version: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?wrbkhw5ekgl

(Both downloads are ~4.5 MiB, and unzip to ~11 MiB. Just unzip them into a folder and run - gaiavn.exe for Windows and gaiavn.sh for Linux. Minimum requirements... practically nothing. It'll run on pretty much anything.)

Yup. i say again, i made that in 4 days (with 1 day wasted, dammit). All by myself, totally. Evenings after work.

So it is possible! We can do this! Alls we need is a kick-a** story, some graphics, and some sound. All easy (i used free software for everything by the way: GIMP, Inkscape, Ren'Py and for the music Audacity and MusE... but i couldn't get MusE to work properly). And if i can manage that myself in just four days in the evenings... imagine what we can do if we get a team together and collaborate.

So... who's interested in making a Literate Yuri and Shoujo-ai choose your own adventure game? ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2008 3:35 pm
Oh, i forgot to mention - i can make a Mac version, too. i just didn't bother to because Mac is s**t. If you want the Mac version, just say so and i'll put it up. And if you're too embarrassed to admit you have a Mac in public, you can PM me.  

Aenakume

Samantha McGill

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:10 am
Saria's violent tendencies frighten me. I may never be able to trust her again.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:10 pm
Ooooooh......... stare If there is any justice in this universe, karma will serve me well in a future life. rolleyes

Samantha McGill

Why am I not surprised you got one of those endings. stare  

Saria Mithril

Heather Samilka

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 12:56 pm
Aena I take offense to that. Mac's aren't shitty. I'm a graphic designer and I work on a mac all the time. Older Mac's from about 7 years ago are crappy yes. But the newer ones are actually very well put together.

Anyways. I need a mac version because I don't own a PC.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 3:31 pm
Heather Samilka
Aena I take offense to that. Mac's aren't shitty. I'm a graphic designer and I work on a mac all the time. Older Mac's from about 7 years ago are crappy yes. But the newer ones are actually very well put together.

Anyways. I need a mac version because I don't own a PC.

Oh, you poor, poor girl. Maybe if you work really really hard, someday you'll figure out how to work a real computer. ^_^;

In the meantime: http://www.mediafire.com/?o5dahjy4nc0  

Aenakume

Aenakume

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:54 pm
fyi, i can now do music and sound effects. ^_^  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 11:53 am
sweet! music and effects!

Now sam can hear the next time Sari puts her foot through sam's chest!

haha... speaking of which... if it makes you feel better Sa, I got the good ending the first time around.... then did the bad ones after anna told me about them...

Sammy! I think... I saw... her panties! xd  

Revan Star
Crew

Aenakume

PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:24 pm
i... think sam already can. ^_^; that kick and the knockin off the head thing is like the only sound effect in there, isn't it?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 3:56 pm
Oh wow. O: This is brilliant.

I'd love to help with some of the writing if I possibly could.

Diiana Moon

Samantha McGill

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 9:23 am
Saria Mithril
Samantha McGill

Both.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 12:41 pm
Samantha McGill
Saria Mithril
Samantha McGill

Both.

Again, not surprised. xd  

Saria Mithril

Aenakume

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2008 7:26 pm
Silvestris Oni
Oh wow. O: This is brilliant.

I'd love to help with some of the writing if I possibly could.

Of course you can. ^_^; It's a group project.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:05 pm
Do we need to make up a story or a theme? Or do you have something in mind already?  

Saria Mithril

Revan Star
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:17 pm
-puts in suggestion for a rather perverted storyline that would be highly amusing. but no doubt against the TOS-

I thought the theme was "Piss Saria Off" and the setting was the Hotsprings...

speaking of which... - Anna, my suggestion I made after playing the first bad ending still stands. It would be funny as hell  
The Graveyard

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff