Back to Guilds

Tags: Dalek, Cyberman, Timelord, TARDIS, Doctor Who 

Reply When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild
Captain Picard on Doctor Who? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is Patrick Stewart being a timelord good or bad?
  Good
  Bad
View Results

JackLantern2020

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 7:14 pm
Patrick Stewart has agreed to a major role in the Time Lord’s next series after teaming up with the Doctor (David Tennant) on stage.

The pair starred in a production of Hamlet in the summer. Patrick — Captain Jean-Luc Picard in Star Trek — has been offered a role in a two-parter involving the Daleks, set to be screened next year.

Patrick’s role is still being finalised but the plan is for him to play a renegade Time Lord called the Meddling Monk, who was last seen in Doctor Who in the 1960s.

Thats what I found out and I need comments, I personally like the idea of Patrick Stewart playing a timelord.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 8:10 pm
As amazing as I believe that would be, I won't believe a rumor like that until I see it for myself. I sincerely doubt that something so big would be leaked this early. So at the most it's probably in the very earliest of stages of development.

...If he did show up as the Meddling Monk, however, they would really need to explain what really happened in the Time War for not only the Doctor and the Master to have survived, but also the Meddling Monk. I wouldn't be surprised if Romana eventually shows up from E-space, but they should at least tell us the real story if the Doctor's been going around stating that he's the last Time Lord and there winds up being more and more that end up making appearances.  

Professor River Song

Runa Whynd

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 11:05 am
I've got to agree with River on pretty much all points. Though it would be fantastic to see Patrick Stewart on Dr. Who, no matter what the role.  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 3:15 pm
Question is... was he there to begin with? For all we know he may have been off someplace else. Far away from the War.

If everyone that were in the War was killed, and the Doctor thought that everyone was there, then it would make sense that he would think he was the last.

The Master fled and lived. Plus there's a good chance that the Rani is alive. When I saw that hand pick up the Master's ring I was figuring that it was her. Plus, yes, another plus. It was commented that a group may have been evacuated.  

Triska
Crew

JackLantern2020

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 10:14 am
Well I always beleved that some timelords evacuated during the war I mean unless there was some kind of device that eraticated all the timelords,there is a good chance at least 5 or 10 timelords escaped the time war.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:34 am
I don't think so. There have been loads of crazy rumors about like Bill Gates being on Doctor Who, which have never happened. Also, Daleks AND the monk? During Stephen Moffat's season? (Se said he does not want to old-series monster episodes so much, so it seems very unlikely).
_________________________________________________________________________________
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
<- click?

knightofthe21stcentury

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 12:17 am
Hey, we can still have fun and imagine. I just saw that they were selling The Time Meddler at Best Buy. I would guess that that's the ep. you were talking about.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 11:22 am
Yes originally the monk was trying to alter time with advanced weaponry and the doctor manages to stop him from altering time. Watch it, its a good episode.  

JackLantern2020

Arttic Witchica

Invisible Lunatic

15,725 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • ReAnimated 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:38 pm
Wow, sounds like a pretty neat idea to me.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 9:13 am
Just reading the topic title makes me squee! That sounds pretty awesome!!  

fatcheehcs

Ceribri
Vice Captain

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Contributor 150
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2008 7:20 pm
JackLantern2020
Yes originally the monk was trying to alter time with advanced weaponry and the doctor manages to stop him from altering time. Watch it, its a good episode.

I've got the novelization. biggrin
It's epic.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 12:23 am
Very cool and when the monk appears how do you think they would bring him back and how do you think he survived the time war?  

JackLantern2020

Triska
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2008 9:42 pm
Not being there to begin with.  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2008 12:49 pm
Yay ( :

r u m - r e g g a e

6,200 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

Dante Alicheery

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 9:33 am
I could see him as a Time Lord. He certainly has the right haughty attitude.  
When I Say Run - A Doctor Who Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff