Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Reader's Guild

Back to Guilds

Are you a book lover or aspiring writer, join us. 

Tags: book, read, writer, authors, fanfiction 

Reply The Reader's Guild Main Forum
Stephen King - The Shining

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Runkle

Genius

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:41 pm
I got this book for Christmas from my older sister, and it's one of the best books I've ever read. King definitely has his way of hooking you to his book. (The only story of "The Shining" I've ever heard was from the Simpsons Treehouse of Horror episode.) But the book is much better. It's really interesting to think about from a psychology standpoint, the deterieration(Sp?) of the family and the dad. If any of you haven't read it, I suggest you do. It's great. I'm up to the part where Danny, the son, calls the chef with his shining.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2008 6:33 pm
I got The Shining recently too, but haven't been able to start it yet, I usually get my books by masses, LOL; and Im reading another right now, but its definetly on my list, since its just waiting for me there in my room...calling me to read it...lol; hope to start it soon, heard good things about it from various people already.  

Artemis Gly
Captain

RubyLight

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:51 pm
I never read the book, but I've seen the movie. I'm kind of intrugued. O might have to read it some time.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 10:16 pm
The Shining is definitely on my "to read SOON" list, lol.

I've been under the impression that it's one of King's most popular/best books...is that true? He has so many novels out that I have trouble figuring out which ones rock more than others.

Yoigoshi

5,650 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250

Angiataira

PostPosted: Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:35 am
The hedge animals scared me the first time I read it - such a classic. I wanna know what King was on when he wrote this one!!!  
The Reader's Guild Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games