Reply Deathrock
The smashing pumpkins...Totally deathrock. Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

PixieTramp

PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:01 pm
Now that I have your attention I need to talk to you about de-popculturizing music I can ******** my alternative pop rock loving girlfriend to. Is there even such thing as romantic death rock? I mean...really romantic deathrock. The last time we touched each other it was to the smashing pumpkins, and while I think the music went nice with her skin I would have much rather have played with her to deathrock or something a bit less....*shivers*  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:34 am
Haha, I love the Pumpkins <3

But yeah, I think you could say there are romantic goth and post-punk songs, but deathrock specifically is definitely kinda harder to touch upon that, though I'm pretty sure there's stuff out there. But they're probably so few, the schmex wouldn't be long enough! xP  

Shadowolf

Vice Captain

Her Only Sin

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 2:24 pm
Specimen never fails to turn me on for some reason.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 6:40 pm
Old Pumpkins rules.

As a joke you could play Code Blue by TSOL and see where that takes you. xp

Maybe Darker My Love by TSOL too.

As far as seriousness goes, I always thought a lot of Frank the Baptist's work was romantic, maybe not in a "hey bebe" kinda way but still nice, especially Vines on the Victrola.  

Pein and Pleasure
Crew

Silent Manipulation

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:09 pm
What about Shut Up and Swallow from Combichrist? Obviously not deathrock but my friend seems to love it...  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 4:17 pm
Silent Manipulation
What about Shut Up and Swallow from Combichrist? Obviously not deathrock but my friend seems to love it...

It's the sh*t... that's why. Hahahahaha.

I'm dating a hardcore power metal head (who's not on Gaia... fyi.. not dating SM). I'm into synth and industrial. We have a happy medium with the band Abney Park. Good sh*t... has a beat and it's fairly sensual.  

Mesmeric Revelations

PixieTramp

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:10 pm
Pein and Pleasure
Old Pumpkins rules.

As a joke you could play Code Blue by TSOL and see where that takes you. xp

Maybe Darker My Love by TSOL too.

As far as seriousness goes, I always thought a lot of Frank the Baptist's work was romantic, maybe not in a "hey bebe" kinda way but still nice, especially Vines on the Victrola.

I think that'd be good for shits and giggles. smile

But at the same time I can see her not understanding the words and attacking me anyway...  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2009 4:13 pm
Silent Manipulation

That's hot. Yes. Mmhmm.  

PixieTramp

Ligeia Von Grimm

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:56 pm
i wouldn't consider London After Midnight deathrock, but they have some nice love songs.. perfect mood if you add some black candles 3nodding  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:00 pm
My gf and I can do stuff to like Lullaby by The Cure
Siouxsie and the Banshees have a few things maybe
um... I'm tapped on ideas for other actual deathrock songs

I can say that there are at least two Type O Negative songs that are good and those are Be My Druidess and Love You To Death

and if you like them, NIN of course....  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:47 pm
"The Toad Curse and How it Perished in Flames" - Cinema Strange

I get a drifty and dreamy feeling from it.
EDIT: But if you like rough sex, it probably won't do.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:17 pm
I put more thought into and really, deathrock is not music to ******** to, if you want something to set the mood you're really going to have to stick with post-punk, goth rock, and darkwave.

Though if you really want to keep trying for deathrock, look into some of the old NY stuff, like Object D'Art by Of A Mesh.  

Good Heroine
Crew

Spooky Steve

PostPosted: Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:33 pm
Can't really say if it's Deathrock or not (could be but I'd rather say not than say yes and be wrong), but some of the songs on Dead Can Dance's self-titled with the bonus tracks I find to be dreamy yet arousing.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:07 pm
I'd sex to The Smashing Pumkins to be quite honest lol
I love them
What song was it? if you don't mind me asking  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Tiamhaidh

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2009 4:51 am
Her Only Sin
Specimen never fails to turn me on for some reason.

Deathrock

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff