Reply Chatterbox
Weapons

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Kiamara1

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 8:59 pm
What is your favorite weapon? I like whips myself or swords. You can never go wrong with a big, shiny, magical sword.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 2:55 pm
I suppose we're talking non-firearms here? Okay...

1 - Daggers. Good for both melee and ranged combat.
2- Spear. Keep your enemy as far from you as you can, and deliver some cutting/stabbing pain while you're at it.
3- The Tonbo-giri. THE TONBO-GIRI, MAN! RUN FOR THE HILLS!! (If you never played the Samurai Warriors saga/Warriors Orochi, and/or never studied ancient Japanese Samurai, you won't get this one, I'm sure.) You've never seen a spear like this one. Or an axe like this one. Either cases apply.
4- Swords. A classic, and you simply can't get anything more balanced out there. Specially if it's dual swords. My favorite kinds: Kodachi, b*****d sword, falchion, Zanbatou... And that crazy whip-sword that one dude from Rurouni Kenshin had.
5- Hammers. As in, big, bad, heavy wooden/rock/metal hammers. Nothing spells "you're screwed" like someone swinging one of those beauties at you.

As for weapons I wouldn't probably bother bringing to a fight but I still find impressive:

- Nunchaku (actual name, "nunchuks" is an aberration of it.)
- Tonfa
- Metal fans

- Chinese-style whips. (Google'em up, they're beautiful sticks of pain.)
- Normal whips.  

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kiamara1

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:31 pm
RazorZKnight
I suppose we're talking non-firearms here? Okay...

You can include firearms if you want to. Too impersonal for me but if it's you favorite go ahead. Nothing wrong with hot pink tommy guns.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 3:43 pm
I like daggers a lot, but this comes in an actual second place... If you ever played Unreal Tournament, you know the Redeemer. A personal mini-nuke launcher. Crowd pleasing 101, that thing teaches.

Second place would be for Cobra's arm-gun. Cobra is a pretty old anime, about a P.I. of the future who had a buster arm... He could pretty much blow buildings with it. And yes, it's prior to Trigun, so it's not copying Trigun.

As for realistic weapons? I find the sheer awesomeness that are dual .44 (or .45 magnum if you can handle their recoil) to be pure gold.

Also: Daggers, spears, swords, hammers and .44? I know how to use'em IRL. Breaking stuff to pieces with any of those is damn fun, and way less of a crime than using it in humans or animals.  

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Kiamara1

PostPosted: Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:25 pm
Wow, you really know your stuff.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:28 pm
I just know a bit about the stuff I use. And if I could, I'd make me a Tonbo-giri.

Tadakatsu Honda, the user of the Tonbo-giri, is full of win. He'd own all those anime heroes of today, what with his 55+ battles fought without getting one scratch. And I mean Braveheart-style battles (you know, 50000 against 50000?)  

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

zeithalter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 10, 2009 4:04 pm
I like long swords a lot, but even a staff can be deadly if used by a persessional.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:38 pm
I am starting to think even a stapler would be a weapon in your hands Razor. lol remind me to never make you mad.  

Kiamara1

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:49 am
A stapler? Depends on its size, it can be used to "stab" or just use the staples to distract the opponent (nothing screws up someone like staples flying at their eyes) and then kick/punch them down.

Still, the best weapon I've ever seen? Fao Rafili from B't X a warrior/violinist/priest, used one of his violin's cords to first trip an opponent off a high place (they were fighting on top of a flying robot,) and then to wrap it around their throat and break their neck on the way down.

And then some people say violins are useless. rofl  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:09 pm
Only you would find a way to make stapler a weapon. Now schools are going to ban them and we are all going to have to use paper clips. You know what I think you will probably make those illegal to have to so we are just going to carry lose papers around.  

Kiamara1

RazorZKnight
Crew

150 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:27 am
Paper clips? Paper clips?

They're miniature daggers waiting to be unraveled. No kidding. And yes, I have used one as a weapon, back in HS, as it was the closest thing to a weapon I had. Apply enough force and it can be a skin-piercing needle of pain... twisted  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:19 am
personal preference in real life is my compound bow. I don't have much practice with close range other than bow staff and dagger. I've seen Tonfa and I think I'd like to use those.  

DarkTrap

Kiamara1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 5:39 pm
I am wanting to take sword fighting lessons next spring so my opinion may change after that. apparently arm strength training is a requirement to this class.  
Chatterbox

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games