Welcome to Gaia! ::

21 or Older

Back to Guilds

(even 18 and 19 y.o. are very welcome) SPANISH SPOKEN!!! IN THE SPECIAL SUBFORUM 

Tags: adult, older, eighteen, nineteen, Spanish 

Reply 21 or Older
HOW OLD IS YOUR ACCOUNT?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

YEAR:
View Results

blo0dyhAnds
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 2:30 pm
User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:52 pm
I joined Gaia in Dec. '06. My friend Gorenza told me how awesome this site was and got me to join. I've been an addict since. mrgreen  

Aiyana_of_Limdule

6,100 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

J U G G E R B I T C H

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:02 am
How did I come:

I found Gaia through Google. What doesn't Google have?
I searched "create avatars" and TekTek was the first on
the listings. TekTek eventually led me to GaiaOnline. I
originally joined in `06, left soon after but re-joined in
`07.

How was Gaia:

Gaia was alot less confusing back then and there wasn't
any 2% tax fees in Market Place. It was alot better than
it is now, alot less aggressive users. It was also alot easier
to find true friends...

How old was I:

Well, I was 15 when I joined in `06.
I was 16 when I re-joined `07.

What did I see growing up on Gaia:

Well, Gaia had a whole different layout than the current one.
The other one was easier to understand.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:34 pm
How did I come:

My then friend told me about gaia and told me to choose my username carefully because that would become my avatar's name on the site. I had no idea what an avatar was at the time. (Sooo illiterate in this stuff for knowing html I know, but what're you going to do?!) After much debate and all I joined October 7, 2004. blaugh I am soo glad I did even though my friend since denied me and abandoned me. (In case you're curious my username was originally Bakura Ryo and named after Ryou Bakura -- my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh! character and in Japanese form with the family name first and the given name last -- now my username is after his late, twin sister and I'm not sure I'll change again even if I'm not into anime much any more.

How Was Gaia:

Very simple. Small threads, easy to navigate, find true friends, have fun. It was like a large family and there were only one (maybe two) different MCs (which were called Donation Items) per month and no 2% tax in the marketplace; had to buy a vending pass to sell things, the luxury items were great incentives and kept me coming back to Gaia to try and earn them. Small role-plays here and there. Overall, it was very simple and fun!

How old was I:

Well, I was 24 and just out of college for the first time. Very naive and gullible.

What did I see growing up on Gaia:

New landing page, starter clothes, hair, no fishing, no Towns. Very simple and straight forward. No jumping through hoops to find out what you needed to know. Simple hair, simple clothes. Everything was simple and came across as a Saturday morning cartoon session, which is fine with me. Then things became more complex. More NPCs, more MCs per month, evolving items, harder mini games for the holidays (used to be you just went around trick or treating and got candy or sang carols), different poses, GIM was born (used to have Gaia hangouts or something like that), less n00bs and bots gave way to more, more customization of your profile, too many young kids who didn't respect the older wiser Gaians, complex stories to follow the NPCs. Lots of stuff!

Bakura Amane

Adorable Marshmallow

19,175 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100

XxSuiCiDaLT3nD3nCi3SxX

PostPosted: Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:23 pm
How DiD i Come:
i came on gaia from a guy i was talking to introduced me to it when i was just 19 years old. this wasnt my first account my first account was MiSS_J3LL0 then i had several until getting a permanent one called FrOOtY_PoOtY but then i got banned. i took a rest from gaia then made a new account called Mz_FrOOtY_PoOtY and then again got banned. therefore i took another break and made this account.

How WaS Gaia:
Gaia back then was much more easier and wasnt as bad as now!! now the kids on here are really bad and disrespectful, it was also much easier to earn gold and you really have to purchase gaia cash to buy some items. the evolving items are great but its a hassle because u need to purchase them with gaia cash.

How Old WaS ii:
i was 19 at the time and now i am 21 turning 22 this year  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:16 am
How did I come;

Four years ago, during high school, an otaku friend of mine recomended me the site and I tested it just because it was a forum. :<

But my, I was wrong and started to keep up to these days xd

How Gaia was;

It was a community - not a corporation. xd That's the best way to describe it. There was the Sushi database thing, having more than 300k was being rich, and at least I didn't sensed a lot of noobs/trolls in.

It was nice, and it has atempted to change for the best - sometime succeeding, sometimes not.

How old was I;

Mmm, can't recall. : < I am 19 tho xd So I guess 15?

What did I see growing up on Gaia;

Don't recall what happened first so I will make a non-chronological list.

- Profiles v 2.0
- Homes (pff Forgotten now D; )
- Towns
- Rally
- The events were mind blowing stuff
- The introduction of IE ; and for the worst - the RIGs IMO.
- The community itself  

DemionicAngel

Adori

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 11:28 am
this is my origional 04' account i'v been here for a while  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:10 am
HOW DID I COME:

I started 4 years ago when my friend Noe told me by msn to sign up.

I signed up gaia but I didnt like it too much, I thought it was a waste of time to be hours and hours saving money that didnt even exist instead of playing the guitar with your friends or going to the park to play, somehow I decided to dress my character with some "nice" clothes, cause I didnt like those begger gears, and BOOM!!! I became adicted lol.

HOW GAIA WAS IT:

Gaia was very simple and colorful, it was better than today, there was only a few stores, 6 I guess, the fishing game was the new stuff, and there werent houses enough for everyone in the towns, if you had a house you were a lucky guy. Nubbies today are very lucky cause in the past you used to recive an ugly shirt and pants, or an ugly dress if you were a girl, NO SHOES, NO FORNITURES, NO HOUSE, and you couldnt go shoping at the marketplace or trading stuffs with your friends cause there was a bank and you needed a trading licence and a store licence. There were just a few colors and styles of hair, a few clothes, few stores, few games, and a few collectibles items. I always wanted the angelical pendant, kiki and coco but I didnt know how to get them I was a nuub lol, today I still dont have them, the prices went to high.

HOW OLD WAS I? I was 20, now Im 25.

WHAT DID I SEE TO GROW UP IN GAIA?

Well, I got a big impresion cause the first new stuff was the new profiles, you couldnt custom your profile in the past, then the Faktory store brought lots of new items, new clothes from the other stores, and new games.
After that the second big impresion was when the Cars and Racing appeared!, omg it was awsome lol, the Salon Durem comes with the Vitore and many other new Stores, there was too the Acuarium and MTVs.
I have to day that I HATE THE CASH SHOP, cause of la vitore gaia has changed a lot and I want the old gaia back.
My third and last impresion was the ZOMG, I waitted too many years for the ZOMG to be finished, and when It finally came up I didnt like it, I guess its too much boring, at least for me.

The best thing that recently happened in gaia is that nowdays....I CAN BUY GAIACASH AND COLLECTIBLES BY CELLPHONE.  

blo0dyhAnds
Captain

21 or Older

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces