Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Reader's Guild

Back to Guilds

Are you a book lover or aspiring writer, join us. 

Tags: book, read, writer, authors, fanfiction 

Reply The Reader's Guild Main Forum
I just don't get it...

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

polaroid-pinup

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 12:31 pm
ok so what are some books or authors that you don't understand why they are so poular?

The big two for me are Twilight just because it's not that good (not hating here just not a huge fan, you can like it if you want) and then James Patterson, who I absolutely loath as an author of any work. His writing style is simple at best and his characters are so shallow that a puddle seems like the pacific ocean compared to them.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 6:53 pm
for me... it has to be Twilight and Harry Potter.  

Cymbamehbeep

Rei Uchikino

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:05 am
For me it's Harry Potter. I tried reading the books when I was a kid but I just couldn't get into them. I got frustrated because of this and just gave up on reading it. Ever since then I've been wondering what the big deal is.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:21 pm
I dislike To Kill A Mockingbird, and frankly wish the book had never been written.

I myself, find that while there are many errors with the Harry Potter storyline, reading them is an enjoyable journey - but they are not the best in the genre I'll grant you. As for Twilight, I haven't read them, and despite my friend's discussion of them, I doubt I will. The movies are barely interesting enough for me, but I might like them if the author had not used "Vampires" for her creatures, which in fact are not vampires.  

Umi Pryde

5,550 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100

Underworld Priestess

PostPosted: Tue Mar 23, 2010 5:51 pm
For me it is definitely Twilight, I just don't get the obsession of it. I dislike the character Bella, she is so whiny.  
PostPosted: Thu May 27, 2010 4:06 pm
I agree, someone should have told this woman what a vampire was before she started the whole story about them. Sure she had a dream, but was the dude sparkling in the dream? Why are they so unlike vampires. Why are they indestructible? So many things to hate about it.  

Fallen Angel Revan

The Reader's Guild Main Forum

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff