Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:10 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Apparently the actress Kristen Stewart is a big fan of punk and post-punk vein bands along with Minor Threat, The Clash, and so on. Usually I wouldn't give a damn since she can listen to what she pleases but the fact that magazines and websites are whoring out t-shirts so every chubby Twilight fan can mimic Kristen Stewart's appearence.

I really shouldn't give a damn but it's still bothersome how kids will be walking around with these shirts saying "I love Joy Division! I don't know what it means but it's a cool shirt!"  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:00 am
Avant Garbage
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Apparently the actress Kristen Stewart is a big fan of punk and post-punk vein bands along with Minor Threat, The Clash, and so on. Usually I wouldn't give a damn since she can listen to what she pleases but the fact that magazines and websites are whoring out t-shirts so every chubby Twilight fan can mimic Kristen Stewart's appearence.

I really shouldn't give a damn but it's still bothersome how kids will be walking around with these shirts saying "I love Joy Division! I don't know what it means but it's a cool shirt!"

Srsly? neutral

I thought the JD fad would blow over when people realized the Wombats suck. Of course, no cool s**t around here, I have to make it all.

User Image  

Good Heroine
Crew

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:53 am
meh I'm an idealist but maybe this may get some twitards interested in some good music

I was recently proud of my local Hot Topic I saw tee shirts for Minor threat, David Bowie, The Smiths, The Cure, Bauhaus, Velevet Underground, Depeche Mode (old shirt), Joy Division, and Alien Sex Fiend.

There also some uber Horrorpunk girl at the counter. I was in wtf mode for a while lol.

So yeah who knows, maybe it's an okay thing or maybe they'll start making JD hoodies and candle tins and every other useless object you can put a band logo on. Thus making them like The Misfits are now and no one will ever listen to them but continue to pour their money into a stream of trendy products at their local Hot Topic and Ian will come back from the dead to feast on the flesh of Hot Topic employees and regulars.

which would be cool too, because of Zombie Ian Curtis  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 1:21 pm
I'm not to sure how to feel about that. I mean it's nice that they might find some new music. But then there's always the possibility of it becoming more 'mainstream' with the Lady Gaga fans. Granted if they like Joy Division for the sound and lyrics and not for the fact the that actress likes it; It's fine with me.

xchris thepanda
I was recently proud of my local Hot Topic I saw tee shirts for Minor threat, David Bowie, The Smiths, The Cure, Bauhaus, Velevet Underground, Depeche Mode (old shirt), Joy Division, and Alien Sex Fiend.

lucky. . . mine still sucks  

Devils Theatre

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:25 pm
Devils Theatre
I'm not to sure how to feel about that. I mean it's nice that they might find some new music. But then there's always the possibility of it becoming more 'mainstream' with the Lady Gaga fans. Granted if they like Joy Division for the sound and lyrics and not for the fact the that actress likes it; It's fine with me.

xchris thepanda

This. A few of the clerks there are in the same boat as me on being irritated on the lack of good bands and everything in there sucking major c**k.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 6:38 pm
Devils Theatre

xchris thepanda

Joy Division has been dead and gone for nearly 30 years. Any chance of them becoming any more 'mainstream' than they already has has long passed. Does it really matter at this point? People were whining about the exact same thing 25 years ago, before most of the people here were even born.  

Death of Cool

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 10:03 pm
Death of Cool
Devils Theatre

xchris thepanda

Joy Division has been dead and gone for nearly 30 years. Any chance of them becoming any more 'mainstream' than they already has has long passed. Does it really matter at this point? People were whining about the exact same thing 25 years ago, before most of the people here were even born.

It's true but I think that Hot Topic weilds alot of power over fan girls maybe the shirt it's self may become popular...kind of like the Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon tee shirt lolol that'd be interesting to see...I'd laugh.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:57 am
xChrisThePanda
Death of Cool
Devils Theatre

xchris thepanda

It's true but I think that Hot Topic weilds alot of power over fan girls maybe the shirt it's self may become popular...kind of like the Pink Floyd: Dark Side Of The Moon tee shirt lolol that'd be interesting to see...I'd laugh.

That Dark Side of the Moon shirt has been worn by people who have no idea who Pink Floyd even is, since the late 70's. They used to sell that s**t at Sears way back when. I saw a Grateful Dead shirt at Sears that I wanted, when I was like 8 years old. I had no idea who they were, but there was a cool skull on the front and it said "dead".  

Death of Cool

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:52 am
neutral It's mildly annoying but I can't let it get to me, I'm kind of beyond caring at this point.

And on the subject of Hot Topic - it's been awhile since I've even stepped foot in a mall but the last time I ventured into a Hot Topic it still sucked a**, they may have changed the setup a bit and got the mallgoths whining that it was "too bright" now ( lol Oh and that they "sold out") but it's still s**t with no bands I like in sight.

There are two other places in Orlando that I would much rather spend my money in who actually have decent band shirts as well as awesome patches, buttons etc. If I want merch I'll make it myself or go there.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 2:57 pm
Edi Nippoli
neutral It's mildly annoying but I can't let it get to me, I'm kind of beyond caring at this point.

And on the subject of Hot Topic - it's been awhile since I've even stepped foot in a mall but the last time I ventured into a Hot Topic it still sucked a**, they may have changed the setup a bit and got the mallgoths whining that it was "too bright" now ( lol Oh and that they "sold out") but it's still s**t with no bands I like in sight.

There are two other places in Orlando that I would much rather spend my money in who actually have decent band shirts as well as awesome patches, buttons etc. If I want merch I'll make it myself or go there.

Oh there are totally better stores around me but I was in a mall with my step brother and sister because I needed to get out, and they ended up staying in Barnes and Noble for 8 hours and I had to have a break after my 4th hour (I like to read but I had already read alot, I hate reading in-store, and I have an embarassingly short attention span.) so I asked my sister to send me to do something so she sent me to the cookie place to get some drinks and a gigantic cookie. Hot Topic was there and around halloween they sometimes put out period clothing so I stopped by (feeling very awkward) and checked it out.  

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:37 am
Edi Nippoli

lol

Considering that Hot Topic is company owned by The Gap, they're no more sell-outish that its corperate counterparts Old Navy and Banana Republic that many of it's consumers ironically attempt to rebel against.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:09 pm
Avant Garbage
Edi Nippoli

lol

Considering that Hot Topic is company owned by The Gap, they're no more sell-outish that its corperate counterparts Old Navy and Banana Republic that many of it's consumers ironically attempt to rebel against.

That's why it's funny to hear the mallgoths say things like they've sold out now that they are marketing to a slightly different crowd of people.  

Six Bells Chime
Crew

Dangerous Phantom

Devils Theatre

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:10 pm
Avant Garbage
Edi Nippoli

lol

Huh I never knew that....
but you make a good point none the less  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 2:11 pm
Hot Topic is not owned by the Gap. That is a myth.
They are an independent company, and the only other brand they're affiliated with is Torrid.  

Death of Cool

ZombieGinsberg
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 5:31 pm
I used to hear that they were owned by American Eagle and then I heard The Gap and I never really cared about either story.  
Deathrock

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff