Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Survivalists ~A Zombie Horror RP~

Back to Guilds

The Zombie Apocalypse has happened... Are you a survivor? 

Tags: Zombie, Horror, Role-Play, Action, Undead 

Reply The Apocalypse
Q&A / Help! Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got a question?
  Heck yeah!
  Well... No.
  "At least I have chicken."
View Results

Akari Tsuki
Captain

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:52 am
Do you have questions? Questions like:

What happened to my post? What type of zombies exist in which forums? How many characters can I create? What happened to my sandwich?!??

Well... while I can't answer that last question (Only you or your dog can answer that.) I, or any of my most excellent moderators, will be checking this thread as often as possible to answer any questions you have to the best of our ability! This guild is growing fast and I want to be around to answer any questions any of you could have!

If you have any questions, or are in need of any assistance (I don't know about my mod's, but I'll answer any question, even if it's algebra 3nodding .), please just post your question in here and we should have it answered within the day! If you need your question answered by a specific moderator, please just put their name in the post so they know it's directed at them.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:11 pm
Do you like my armor kit? (as seen in bio)  

Forgotten not falllen

Famen

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:26 pm
Can I post my own story (already posted one) on the main page thingy  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:32 pm
@ zalinto1: I think it looks pretty nifty! I think that's something I wished I had known about when I was being offered groups to get into!

@ Famen: To keep the main forum a little less crowded, I'd ask for it to be relocated into the Unrelated Role-Plays subforum 3nodding . I do endorse literate RP, but I also endorse teamwork, and social RPing! Your story is good so far, but I'd love to see you posting with the rest of the group, that would be awesome whee .

Akari Tsuki
Captain

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Xjioh

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:06 pm
Not really a question but a suggestion.

I noticed the Guild Notice and you said you're gonna post times and what-not with your posts? If you want you can make it easier and just modify the first post of the roleplays with that information then just update it when it whenever the time changes in the roleplay. (You don't have to worry about actual roleplay time, saying 3:42) then raising it each post could be difficult for you, just worry about the basics like "morning" "noon" "afternoon" "evening" etc... That way we just know where the sun is and know how long before it goes bye bye. =)  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:15 pm
I have a question.

I've been working on a character for use in a post-apocalyptic zombie roleplay. Putting it as simply as I can, she's a zombie that's managed to retain her intellect. She did this by keeping her brain oxygenated after her body died up until the point it revived. This character operates on the assumption that it's cerebral anoxia, total deprivation of oxygen to the brain, that results in the brain damage that renders zombies unintelligent, impulsive, aggressive, clumsy, and constantly hungry.

From a writer's perspective, she's an experiment, an opportunity for me to explore the other side of the conflict between the living and the living dead. I'm especially curious to see how other characters will react to her. After all, one of the things that makes zombies easy to kill is the fact that they're no longer human. But what if they were? What then? What would people do if they couldn't get away with killing a zombie guilt-free?

I'll understand if you reject this idea, but I'm hoping you will keep an open mind and at least consider it.

Thank you for your time.  

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

N for Notorious
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:59 pm
The thing about that is that the infection in this is caused by Solanum, a virus, it doesn't deprive oxygen from the brain, but mutates it.

I'd look around in the other forums in the guild, i think i might have seen something about sentient zombie rp  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:09 pm
djdog3196
The thing about that is that the infection in this is caused by Solanum, a virus, it doesn't deprive oxygen from the brain, but mutates it.

Ah. I wasn't aware that you guys were following Max Brook's Zombie Survival Guide to the letter. That wouldn't work, then, as Solanum mutates the brain so that it can survive without oxygen. That's alright. I have another character prepared.

I'll post my own RP so I can experiment with my sentient zombie. That's alright, isn't it? So long as I post in the appropriate subforum?  

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

l_uke
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:38 pm
Wow. Has everyone read that book? i got a copy a few months ago, and i thought it was going to be a funny kind of book, but it was really good. I also bought the Ninja handbook by askaninja....its hilarious.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:49 pm
l_uke
Wow. Has everyone read that book? i got a copy a few months ago, and i thought it was going to be a funny kind of book, but it was really good. I also bought the Ninja handbook by askaninja....its hilarious.

The Zombie Survival Guide is a funny kind of book in that it takes itself so seriously, but it's a good book besides.  

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200

Akari Tsuki
Captain

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:11 pm
@1_uke: *laughs* I'm pretty sure quite a few people have read it. I also have World War Z by the same author. He also wrote the Ninja Survival Guide if you're at all interested surprised .

@NoLifeKing66: It's kind of surprising that Max Brooks started out as a comedian, and wrote the Survival Guide books as a joke, Once he saw that the ZSG sales had gone amazingly well, I believe that was when he decided to write WWZ. His joke turned into quite the phenomenon and prompted MUCH more Zombie literature to follow 3nodding .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:33 pm
Well, i think they should make more Zombie movies. I mean, there are some good ones but still, you can never have enough zombie movies. My personal favorites are 28 days, and 28 weeks later, and dawn of the dead. Classic.  

l_uke
Crew

Akari Tsuki
Captain

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Full closet 200
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 4:42 pm
l_uke
Well, i think they should make more Zombie movies. I mean, there are some good ones but still, you can never have enough zombie movies. My personal favorites are 28 days, and 28 weeks later, and dawn of the dead. Classic.

Shaun of the Dead is a big fave of mine, I know, silly razz . Do you know about the book Pride and Prejudice and Zombies? Apparently they're thinking of making this book into a mini-series on TV! I'm rather excited actually heart . I think that book was the only way I could ever have gotten through any of Jane Austen's novels. I've tried before with Sense and Sensibility (Also made again by the same author into Sense and Sensibility and Seamonsters!).

Also, if you're interested in.... semi-mythical literature(?) try Queen Elizabeth: Demon Slayer! I'm hoping that's one of my Christmas presents this year 4laugh .

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:15 pm
OMG! i loved Shaun of the dead and Hot Fuzz!
I saw the pride and prejudice and zombies at a books a million, it looked cool...The Queen Elizabeth sounds pretty cool.  

l_uke
Crew

Xjioh

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:17 pm
I disagree, the more movies they make the more the series will crap out. I think the occasional movie hypes us up enough to where we can't miss it. Same goes with zombie games, the more they make the more it turns into Resident Evil 4 and 5. *Twitches in disgust*

On the other hand, what an interesting topic for a Q&A thread. XDD  
The Apocalypse

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces