Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Survivalists ~A Zombie Horror RP~

Back to Guilds

The Zombie Apocalypse has happened... Are you a survivor? 

Tags: Zombie, Horror, Role-Play, Action, Undead 

Reply The Apocalypse
Antarctica Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ZombieApocalypseSurvivor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:01 pm
In the cold, frigid wasteland of Antarctica, scientists have studied many things. From penguins to weather to snow patters and ice. However, over at Research Station Bravo, the team of ten scientists in the middle of a year long tour live on their lives isolated as the rest of the world enters The Great Panic. They were on a 3 year epedition, with supplies coming every 10-12 months. When they hit their 2 /12 year mark, they watched as their supply ship crashed full speed into the ice, immobilizing it. The researchers immediatley got into their gear, got rescue gear and ran to look for survivors. (This is a rough draft, but I'll start off with us bringing the people from the ship aboard, okay? And I'll edit the intro soon, I just wanted to get it started.)  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 1:22 pm
(Looks great)  

The Red Wolf Mercenary

Aged Prophet

Anarchic Humor

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:57 pm
no offense but its the ARTIC. zombie limbs freeze.  
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:33 pm
((only way for them to be around would be if they were brought into a lab after freezing and bit a doctor after being thawed, its happened before though))  

N for Notorious
Crew

ZombieApocalypseSurvivor

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2010 1:03 pm
(The zombies were on the boat, in winter gear, and the zombies arent going to roam outside, but ratehr INSIDE the research station, and tunnels and facilities yet to be found underneath the station also. So it takes place indoors, exccept for when people need to leave, but zombies wil lbe indoors and there are months-long storms down there, so those wil ltrap them inside biggrin )  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 1:26 pm
(Hey, I'm ready to ROLL on this if you guys are. Just let me know and I will start us off ok?)  

ZombieApocalypseSurvivor

TriEdge371

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 2:31 pm
(I'm ready but I'll wait for others.)  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 5:38 pm
(Im in)  

Agent Water

2,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250

The Red Wolf Mercenary

Aged Prophet

PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 6:48 pm
Jeffery typed his last part of his research onto his laptop. "Im going to get a Noble Peace Prize for this" He said to himself. He heard something, a crash? "What in the world was that?" He said, he got up and looked over at the other men and women inside of the living quarters.  
PostPosted: Sun May 16, 2010 11:27 pm
((think I'll sit this one out))  

ll Wolf_God ll

Gallant Shapeshifter

ZombieApocalypseSurvivor

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:47 am
(I WILL start us off, please.)

Joe was sitting in his dorm inside the Anarctic research station Bravo. He took a cleaning cloth and wiped the lens of is camera, making sure not to leave any smudge marks. This was his second year in the frigid wastes of Antarctica studying Penguins and fish. It was harrowing work, and constant storms shut him and his team inside for someimes up to a month at a time. As he finished cleaning his camera, he set it down and walked over to the CQ radio he had in his dorm.

"Icebreaker Charlie, tis is RS Bravo, do you copy, over," he said into the mic. He was trying to get a hold of the supply ship inbound on their position for their first resupply in over six months. They had dropped out of contact for a couple days now, but Joe figured there was some kind of interference on board their ship. After a few moments, there was a static sound from the other end of the radio.

"Bravo! Bravo, thank God!" the voice shouted frantically, with the sounds of gunshots in the background, "We've taken heavy casualties! We've lost control of the ships brake system! We can't stop! We're almost to gah-" the voice said, but was cut off with the sounds of moans and gurgles and screams.

"Charlie! Charlie do you read, over?!" Joe shouted frantically, trying to figure out what the hell was going on. Suddenly, the entire research station shook violently. An alarm sounded and someone started shouting. Joe ran to his his closet and moved aside his clothes, grabbing his warmest clothes that he could put on quickly and ran into the hallway as he put on three jackets, carrying a pair of snow pants in what would normally be a comical sight. People rushed through the halls with outfits similar to his.

"Wha the hell is going on?!" He shouted as he saw someone burst in from outside at the far end of the hallway and ran to them.

"Charlie! She's crashed a mile down the shelf! It's bad, real bad" the woman said.

"How bad?" Joe said, taking his role as leader of the research team and tried to get an idea of what he was dealing with.

"I don't know. they came out of the fog and ran straight into the shelf! I don't think they're taking on water. If they are, it's too slow to notice."

"Alright. Get on the PA and sound a code red. Get the search and rescue team together ASAP, I want them here in twenty minutes,."

"Yes, sir!" she said and ran off to the main office of teh station.

Joe ran back to his room and put on three more jackets and four more pairs of pants, a process that would normally take thirty minutes but took him about ten since he already had half the stuff on. He then burst into the hallway and walked briskly outside to where the snowmobiles were parked.

"Vehicles ready, sir!" one of the men said, walking next to Joe as he made his way for the lead snowmobile, "We've hooked up sleds to bring them back."

"Good, Prep the infirmary for emergency surgeries, I have a feeling this is worse than it looks," Joe said, taking inventory of the snowmobiles and supplies on some of the sleds while he waited for the rest of the rescue team.

(One or two of you could join me, Iwould like if someone stayed behind to work in the infirmary for now, but if you don't want to it's cool.)  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 6:54 am
(Before we go on, i'll laydown the ground rules: AT LEAST one good sized paragraph, please. Anything less than six to seven COMPLETE sentences will not be considered acceptable. I understand writer block, it happens to all of us. But if you make it a habit, you get three warnings. Those warnings apply for Post Length, baic rules, gaia rules, andthe writing tense. All posts should be PAST TENSE THIRD PERSON. If you need an example of what this is, look at my previous post. Basic Rules include gmoding, cussing (moderate cussing is okay, but don't use the F Bomb every other word. You will get one warning for this, only because it is more offensive to people), no detailed romance (kissing= okay, but there probably won't be any of that, but who knows). So, a recap of everything: minimum 6-7 complete sentences with good grammar, moderate cussing, kissing at most, PAST TENSE THIRD PERSON. Have fun, and you may now comence with posting biggrin )  

ZombieApocalypseSurvivor

TriEdge371

5,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 9:11 am
(Um RdPwrRnger already started : P)  
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 11:51 am
(I know, but I said that I wil lstart, so it officially starts with my post. anything before that besides the intro post doesn't pertain to teh story. It starts with mine.)  

ZombieApocalypseSurvivor

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2010 10:34 pm
In the infirmary, Dr. Elizabeth "Liz" Kostova was busy resetting the broken toe of a researcher named Johnson. It wasn't as simple as it sounded.

A few days previously, Johnson developed sudden intense right flank pain, vomiting, and shortness of breath. The initial differential diagnosis included appendicitis, gallstone, or kidney stone. Liz, in particular, felt he had a struvite kidney stone due to recurrent urinary tract infections, but Johnson denied any history of urinary tract infections. His BMP showed declining kidney function, which Liz believed proved the existence of a kidney stone.

As time passed and Johnson developed new symptoms, the differential was expanded to include tuberculosis, cancer, and autoimmune diseases, as well.

Liz had been tempted to treat Johnson twice, but she'd decided against it. At first, she'd wanted to treat him with Cefuroxime, a broad spectrum antibioticm, to cover any infections. Later, she'd wanted to treat him with Prednisone, a synthetic corticosteroid, to cover any autoimmune diseases. However, supplies in Antarctica were limited. She didn't want to waste medication on someone who didn't really need it at the cost of someone who did.

She had to confirm a diagnosis before she could afford to treat him.

Eventually, Johnson fell into a coma. Liz deduced that the cause of Johnson's coma was increased intracranial pressure and performed a decompressive craniectomy. When the pressure was relieved, Johnson woke up. Liz now had to consider what conditions could cause kidney problems, lung problems, and increased intracranial pressure. The differential included cancer, bacterial endocarditis, deep vein clots, and fat emboli. Liz was intrigued by the last suggestion. She remembered that Johnson had been cold and had left his socks on when she'd first examined him. When his socks were removed, a broken toe was revealed. Johnson hadn't realized that he'd broken his toe because the pain had been numbed by the cold.

Now that the bone was reset, Johnson would be fine. Liz would have to issue a memo to the rest of the personnel staffing the research station: mind your toes.  
The Apocalypse

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff