Submit

It freezes me

Lavish Pumpkin

18,125 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:36 pm
How many of you go clubbing? Is there any goth clubs or themed nights where you are? Out here we have a few clubs with gothic industrial nights, it depends on the DJ if any real goth is played, no clubs expect to play deathrock, and usually dont have it, one of my friends whos a super hot regular at this one club has convince a DJ to play deathrock, and even better less generic gothic rock bands and less heard songs, Ive actually have heard a DJ play the same songs twice O.O, So that is uber exciting to have a DJ willing ot take requests to the extend hell let us bring in requests, I managed to also convince the DJ to play The Last Dance and switchblade symphony (most DJ dont know those bands for some reason), anyways, ya, Id love to hear about your clubbing, the good and the bad smile

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:42 pm
To answer this honestly, I've never gone clubbing. Ever.

Asides from the lack of clubs here (the most recent one was a mallgoth club that was shut down years ago after finding some syringes in the bathroom), I have no interest in doing so. If it's for the music, I'd rather stay at home and listen to it. I'm also a terrible dancer and I have no tolerance for drama, so clubbing in general is irrelevant to me.  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Spoopy-bat

O.G. Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:55 pm
I'm too young but I'd like to. Aside from the fact that the only clubs are in the state below me, and I don't have a license. I can't dance and most likely the music wont be my style of goth. If I went to a club I'd get all dressed up to just sit there. I'd like to get a job as a DJ but I don't see that happening anytime soon.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:57 pm
Nurse Overdose
I'm too young but I'd like to. Aside from the fact that the only clubs are in the state below me, and I don't have a license. I can't dance and most likely the music wont be my style of goth. If I went to a club I'd get all dressed up to just sit there. I'd like to get a job as a DJ but I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Same, and I could probably do it too. The music scene here is depraved enough that if you play Voodoo Church or Eisenfunk, people will s**t bricks.  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Spoopy-bat

O.G. Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:15 pm
Miss Fiendette
Nurse Overdose

Same, and I could probably do it too. The music scene here is depraved enough that if you play Voodoo Church or Eisenfunk, people will s**t bricks.

8D I'd love to make people s**t bricks I'd soon go mad with power and yell something like: "THIS IS DEATHROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -haswatchedonetomanyspartaparodys-  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:49 pm
Nurse Overdose
Miss Fiendette
Nurse Overdose

8D I'd love to make people s**t bricks I'd soon go mad with power and yell something like: "THIS IS DEATHROCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!" -haswatchedonetomanyspartaparodys-

DO EET

Unfortunately the goth scene has been muddled with mallgoths and ravers, so if it isn't nu metal or electronic crap, they'll stand there confused.  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

It freezes me

Lavish Pumpkin

18,125 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:10 pm
Miss Fiendette
Nurse Overdose
Miss Fiendette
Nurse Overdose

DO EET

Unfortunately the goth scene has been muddled with mallgoths and ravers, so if it isn't nu metal or electronic crap, they'll stand there confused.

I think it would be funny smile

Ive never seen a mall goth or raver at the clubs out here.. though I dont go out much (Im poorrr) but like.. ya

we get alot of Rivetheads and Cyber Goths.. alot of industrial and darkwave is played ^^

and usually random guy(s) in jeans who doesnt know WTF is going on rofl  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:16 pm
Btw I only club once in awhile, and when I do its because I have paper thin walls and my landlords are above me and theres people next to me.. I cant play my muisc overly loud out of respect and not getting kicked out.. so its nice to go out, meet some like minded people, Dance (I love to dance) and have LOUD music ^^  

It freezes me

Lavish Pumpkin

18,125 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:46 pm
Cheshire Scream
Miss Fiendette
Nurse Overdose
Miss Fiendette
Nurse Overdose

DO EET

Ive never seen a mall goth or raver at the clubs out here.. though I dont go out much (Im poorrr) but like.. ya

we get alot of Rivetheads and Cyber Goths.. alot of industrial and darkwave is played ^^

There have been cases where clubs enforce a dress code, like no baggy bondage pants or jeans with t-shirts. Seems a bit douchey and elitist, but having enough mallgoths and non-goths trying to cause a ruckus you could see why.

Also, I'd feel so bad if some random normal guy came in a goth club for some reason. lol  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2010 10:56 pm
Miss Fiendette
Cheshire Scream
Miss Fiendette
Nurse Overdose
Miss Fiendette
Nurse Overdose

DO EET

There have been cases where clubs enforce a dress code, like no baggy bondage pants or jeans with t-shirts. Seems a bit douchey and elitist, but having enough mallgoths and non-goths trying to cause a ruckus you could see why.

Also, I'd feel so bad if some random normal guy came in a goth club for some reason. lol

yes there are dress codes most nights, OR cheaper entry fees on other nights for those in proper wear (some places want money),
My fiance wears bondage pants and noone cares, there purple and the cybergoths love em, but I know your point, and I try to pretend mall goths grow up so all mall goths are underaged wink one could dream,

ya this one day I guy came in with jeans and a brown s**t.... all the goths made fun of him ><

and im talking people 20-50.. xp  

It freezes me

Lavish Pumpkin

18,125 Points
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Magical Girl 50

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:28 pm
Cheshire Scream
yes there are dress codes most nights, OR cheaper entry fees on other nights for those in proper wear (some places want money),
My fiance wears bondage pants and noone cares, there purple and the cybergoths love em, but I know your point, and I try to pretend mall goths grow up so all mall goths are underaged wink one could dream,

ya this one day I guy came in with jeans and a brown s**t.... all the goths made fun of him ><

Sorry, when I refer to bondage pants I mean tacky, oversized Tripp pants. Some bondage pants actually look good, but for the most part Tripp is just ugly as butt.

What's really funny is when a goth walks down the street minding their own business, normal people feel obliged to gawk and stare or be an a*****e but if a goth even giggles at a normal person, they get offended. whee Earlier today I was in line waiting for pizza, and there was this family in line in front of us. I couldn't tell if they were tourists or just plain idiots, but they were acting out more than I was. The father was being a moron paying for everything and using an abnormally loud voice, while one of the kids was yelling at his parents over and over "LOOK AT THOSE BOOTS!" motioning to me. Damn kid kept ******** talking about me from the time I got my pizza until I was finished with it. lol  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:22 pm
Miss Fiendette
Cheshire Scream

Sorry, when I refer to bondage pants I mean tacky, oversized Tripp pants. Some bondage pants actually look good, but for the most part Tripp is just ugly as butt.

What's really funny is when a goth walks down the street minding their own business, normal people feel obliged to gawk and stare or be an a*****e but if a goth even giggles at a normal person, they get offended. whee Earlier today I was in line waiting for pizza, and there was this family in line in front of us. I couldn't tell if they were tourists or just plain idiots, but they were acting out more than I was. The father was being a moron paying for everything and using an abnormally loud voice, while one of the kids was yelling at his parents over and over "LOOK AT THOSE BOOTS!" motioning to me. Damn kid kept ******** talking about me from the time I got my pizza until I was finished with it. lol

It's okay I just kind of laugh at those people.

I've lived in my little hillbilly town for about three years. The population is under a thousand. But apparently not everyone has seen me or they're just 'special' in their own way. So I still get the 'f*****t' and 'freak' on a monthly basis. I just brush it off. But it's a bit scary when they stop the car to yell at you, I always think I'm gonna get the s**t beaten out of me.

Three days ago at school I got asked if I was a satanist and if I believed in god. I fell to my knees and started begging god for forgiveness. It was pretty funny the dude had no clue what to say.

And some tripp pants are just retardedly huge. . . .  

Spoopy-bat

O.G. Gaian

8,550 Points
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Marximum Philocity

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:41 pm
i go to a goth club in philly some nights. it's like $8 bucks and the smoking room is the 80s room. hoooollllaaaaaa. and you can make requests. club is dominated by cybergoths. but there is also a good number of tradition goth kids, they actually outnumber the flat out mallgoths most nights.

but i always feel like the token "normal" guy there,  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:33 pm
Nurse Overdose
Miss Fiendette
Cheshire Scream

It's okay I just kind of laugh at those people.

I've lived in my little hillbilly town for about three years. The population is under a thousand. But apparently not everyone has seen me or they're just 'special' in their own way. So I still get the 'f*****t' and 'freak' on a monthly basis. I just brush it off. But it's a bit scary when they stop the car to yell at you, I always think I'm gonna get the s**t beaten out of me.

Three days ago at school I got asked if I was a satanist and if I believed in god. I fell to my knees and started begging god for forgiveness. It was pretty funny the dude had no clue what to say.

And some tripp pants are just retardedly huge. . . .

That's horribly miniscule. gonk

I live in Williamsport, a few hours off of Philadelphia. We get a lot of gang rejects from Philly so the most common s**t I get is from gangbangers and normal folk. It's divided between people who assume I'm going to rip their skin off with my bare hands and devour their flesh, and the other half being people who assume goths are clowns on their way to a funeral.

Jane of Four: loloololol ur a normie :B  

Miss Fiendette

3,400 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Creep_Show13

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:24 pm
I mostly go to this neat club in Portland, OR called HIVE, at the Plan B bar. Sunday nights a cool old school Deathrocker guy named Owen DJs, so we get some awesome music. It's about an even mix between the cybergoths and old school goths there. Since I've turned 21 and been able to explore the scene here more thoroughly, though, I've been pretty disappointed with it. I want to meet cool, interesting people, not drama-whores and immature a**-hats in goth makeup who b***h at you if you request Voodoo Church or Rosetta Stone.  
Deathrock

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff