Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Inheritance Cycle Guild

Back to Guilds

The oldest guild for fans of the Inheritance Cycle on Gaia. 

Tags: eragon, eldest, brisingr, inheritance, paolini 

Reply Tronjheim (The Main Forum)
We're still waiting Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 11:21 pm
The last book, Brisingr, was released in September of 2008. That was over two years ago. (Well, twenty eight months but really, who's counting?) And I think it's pretty damn sad that the last news we got from Alagaesia.com is this.

And before that? The website's news section has an update from 2008 that you can see here. I'm pretty sure there were newsletters in between, if my mother's incessant rambling is anything to go by, but I daresay I haven't heard anything about a fourth book in a very, very long time.

And, you know, I still haven't read Brisingr. Not completely, anyways. I stopped halfway through because I didn't want a repeat of Eldest to happen. I read that book in two days flat and had to wait two years for the next one. Wasn't a pleasant experience. I can only read a book so many times.

If any of you have news on the fourth book, or feel like venting/telling me I'm complaining too much, well, go ahead.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 7:50 pm
Two years is nothing. Stephen King took about a decade between the first two books in his Dark Tower series. Awesome series too. So long as Paolini doesn't take that long, we are good.  

Thaliat Everwood

Profitable Conversationalist

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Jan 17, 2011 8:11 pm
I would like to point out that the complexity of Stephen King's novels is considerably higher than that of the inheritance cycle. Not that I'm degrading the series or anything, but we have to recognize that it was originally written by a high schooler.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:56 am
But again because it was originally by a highschooler maybe it's harder to finish? I mean...he's had to have grown so much from teenager who's parents published his book into..well, an author with a film based on his book. Lack of motivation to finish it? Too attached to characters?

I've seen rumours flying around that it'll be released this year. But there's no solid evidence behind it so all we can do is wait...Or join the mass of people analysing every word of his interviews for a scrap of detail. razz

isidar_mithram
Captain

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:52 am
But Harry Potter is the best example of why aging shouldn't matter. Those books grew up with the author and with its audience. I don't really see why Eragon shouldn't do the same? Then again that's just me.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:48 pm
All I know is, when the release date is announced, I'm gonna be going to bed every night frantically thinking "Is Murtagh gonna die? Is Murtagh gonna die?" until the book finally comes out, I'm gonna buy it opening day instead of getting it from the library like I did with Brisingr (the wait was AGONIZING!), speed through it in approximately 3 days (like when I read Brisingr), and then either (A), analyze what's happened and figure out any of the connections throughout the book that I missed, or (B) calmly close the book, then seemingly spontaneously burst into tears, and then go off and make a massive Murtagh tribute and put it on the internet to share the pain with all the other mourning fangirls.  

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100

moonweirdo

Invisible Survivor

8,200 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:20 pm
I do think that we should see a release date soon, or at least a year that the book will be released... it would be really nice, i'm working on reading the books again to get everything out of them because i am becoming very impatient waiting... sad this really sucks that he hasn't finished it yet, but if you look at it all the books came out within 3 years of each other so maybe this next book will come out really soon i hope...  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:09 pm
It's going to be three years this year and we haven't seen another book, or heard of a projected release date for it. I don't know, but it feels like I haven't heard about the fourth book in a while, too. Wasn't it right after Brisingr was released that it was announced that Paolini was already mostly done with the fourth?

Gosh darnit. I really want it to come out already. I want to relive my god damn childhood already. :c

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:57 pm
OK, so before I publish my first novel, I'll make sure book 2 is already written and I'm already started on book 3, lol. xd

Hopefully the fourth book will be out soon. Maybe college is delaying book four? I presume Paolini is in college...I don't really know. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm
xD;; It's not so much that I want all the books to come out one after the other. I'm a writer too and I know how hard it is to make a deadline, let alone finish an entire (what I'm assuming is going to be) four to eight hundred page novel. I'm not stupid. But we were told that another novel was already in the works and nearing completion. That's what's upsetting me more than anything else; don't publicize something and then pretend it doesn't exist because you pulled it out of your a**, y'know what I mean? It's just sort of unfair.  

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:07 pm
Eh, yeah, it is frustrating...of course it could already be in the editing phase and then the wait is almost over. Of course I could just be stupid and optimistic on this. Usually is the case.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:47 pm
Something like Eragon / the Inheritance Cycle already has the large fanbase etc though. If it was finished, if it was in the editing process, there'd be some sort of news about it. The publishers would want to work up the hype for it in advance. Maybe if it were a smaller series, we wouldn't really know. But especially since there's an official newsletter and everything, you'd think that if it was finished (and being edited) that there'd be some news. Actually, even if it wasn't finished, you'd expect some sort of news...

Personally it feels like avoidance and hiatus to me. But hey, I always assume the worst. *shrug*

A dragonfly just landed on the window. Think it's an omen?  

isidar_mithram
Captain

Minasia
Vice Captain

Tipsy Seeker

7,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:37 pm
I hate you both.

Because like Izzy said, if it were anywhere near being complete, we'd be hearing news from the publicist(s) by now. And even if it wasn't finished, it's not normal to have been going without any news of the fourth book for this long. I have the feeling it's avoidance more than hiatus, because the latter would've left us with something rather than the gaping nothingness that we've been left with in the third book's wake.

But I reserve myself the right to be optimistic!

Sort of.

are you freaking kidding me. b***h, what.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:42 pm
Well....maybe, it being the last book and all, he is just having a little trouble bringing himself to finish it. I'm basing this a bit off my own writing experience because each time I get to a major event in my character's adventure I find I have trouble writing it because it means something big like an end to innocence or and end to a relationship or and end to something else important to the character. I'm really attached to my main character and I hate it when she has to change somehow (growth sucks) because I feel like I'm losing something. My next chapter is one I'm not excited about writing even though it is wicked dramatic and you learn more about the three main characters and how they relate to each other and the main character learns a bit about herself as being a survivor. It's a major event, it's high energy, it is interesting...but as a writer attached to the main character, it is realllllly tough to write. This is why my whole book is fully outlined with all the main events, good and bad, fully plotted out. So I stick to the story as it should be. Maybe Paolini finds writing his ending book to be a difficult thing because he's been working with his characters for years...and it can be tough to say farewell to them. Hence, procrastination and/or avoidance. He'll finish eventually, though we may not like having to wait.

Funny, but I can't wait to write my ending chapter to my first novel. Not sure about the ending to the last book, that might be harder...  

Thaliat Everwood

9,000 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

doublelifegirl357

Light Warrior

8,900 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:27 pm
I mostly wanna find out what happens to Murty...  
Tronjheim (The Main Forum)

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff