Reply The Gryffindor House: A Harry Potter Guild
Will the 5th movie need an intermission? Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 2:19 am
We all know that Peter Jackson loves his three hour long movies. I'm not dissing them-LOR was great. Some people think that the 4rth movie seemed a bit rushed like they left too much out. So here's the question:

How will the magic movie men condense 766 pages into 3 hours or less without leaving too much out?

Donations of gold are greatly appreciated-check my wishlist ^_^  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 7:55 am
Is Peter Jackson directing the 5th movie?  

SerratedSprinkles

5,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:40 am
Not as far as I know but there is a lot of stuff that happens in the 5th book-it's the biggest of them all. I'm asking how they're going to fit the book into 3 hours or less without leaving too much important stuff out  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 2:10 pm
Well, assuming they're going to follow the path they have been, I'm going to say this...

They will most likely leave out minor sub-plots like they have in the past 4 movies just to save time and cost. It would be nice for a change if the movies would follow it almost exactly, but we all know that isn't possible. I think that They will leave more of the sub-plots things that really have no meaning t the main plot. They might go into them a little bit, buit not to a fine detailed exent. You know? But hey, as long as the movie is good, who cares. wink

-Syzygy-  

.the candy stripper.

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 9:41 am
-Syz-
Well, assuming they're going to follow the path they have been, I'm going to say this...

They will most likely leave out minor sub-plots like they have in the past 4 movies just to save time and cost. It would be nice for a change if the movies would follow it almost exactly, but we all know that isn't possible. I think that They will leave more of the sub-plots things that really have no meaning t the main plot. They might go into them a little bit, buit not to a fine detailed exent. You know? But hey, as long as the movie is good, who cares. wink

-Syzygy-

yeah that is true but its just because if there's an intermission, then for some people, it takes them a while to get back into the atmosphere of the movie.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:22 pm
Aquila15
We all know that Peter Jackson loves his three hour long movies. I'm not dissing them-LOR was great. Some people think that the 4rth movie seemed a bit rushed like they left too much out. So here's the question:

How will the magic movie men condense 766 pages into 3 hours or less without leaving too much out?

1. don't say magic movie men. it's sexist. say magic movie men/women or just ppl.

2. All the movies are rushed. Theres no reason to think the 5th won't be.

3. The last LOTR film was 3 and a half hours. No intermission, and as the 4th was only 2 and a half, I doubt it will get past that

in other words, no, i don't think there will be an intermission

Raenefxx

5,100 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Generous 100

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:45 pm
Over here the third LOTR movie had an intermission so when we all came back I found it hard to get back into the movie. the 4rth movie was 2 1/2 hrs and loads of people thought that they left too much out  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2006 8:51 pm
maybe or maybe not but i hope so they don't rush it like the fourth  

parappatherappa
Crew

dawnee
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 7:38 pm
if they do i hope its a short one just long enough to get more ice to eat  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 16, 2006 9:08 am
parappatherappa
maybe or maybe not but i hope so they don't rush it like the fourth

Just the answer I was looking for! Thanx!  

AquilaLiberum

screwis

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006 2:48 pm
I really love to watch the movies so i wouldnt mind if it lasted more than 3 hours  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2006 9:22 pm
they might make it long like the 3rd Long of the Rings for those that didn't see it at the theader. they showed half of it then took a 10 min break then showed the other half. i hope its good. The 1st Harry Potter movie is the best so far. Th 2nd and 3rd were ok but they killed the 4th one the did too many special effecets.  

Snowlight Silent Night

Nekolover_8

Dapper Gaian

8,250 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:32 am
I don't ever notice how long movies go because I'm so into them at the theatre. I wouldn't like an intermission because I would have to get into it again. I don't want to do that. gonk  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:15 pm
I heard they were going to cut it into two different movies. Whatever, I still think Hermione is teh Hawt!  

CrazyFluteLoop

ladyelf_20

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 9:05 am
Gee I wish he would because then almost nothing would be left out. Personally speaking he should have done all of them. And the 4th movie did seem too rushed.  
The Gryffindor House: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff