Senpais Panties
Captain

Demonic Cultist

12,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:05 am
Ughhhhhhhh words cannot express how un-identical they are. Why did they even name the film after the game!  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:57 pm
I don't know but I'm tired of looking at Mila Jovavich's nipples sticking out through all of the movies. She's not attractive and she has no tits, so this does nothing for me.
Also I laughed so hard at the Wesker vs. Claire/Chris fight in Afterlife. lol  

Little Motel
Crew

TheBurritoBandit

Loyal Genius

8,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:03 pm
Honestly,i want the person who even THOUGHT of the idea to make a movie after the game should be cursed with the plagues.Capcom should just make more CG animated movies.Degeneration was better than that and speaking of crappy movies made off of great things has anyone even seen DB Evolution?Dragon Ball Z is the most amazing anime ever yet they ruin it with that piece of trash.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:08 pm
KI773RSHADOW
Honestly,i want the person who even THOUGHT of the idea to make a movie after the game should be cursed with the plagues.Capcom should just make more CG animated movies.Degeneration was better than that and speaking of crappy movies made off of great things has anyone even seen DB Evolution?Dragon Ball Z is the most amazing anime ever yet they ruin it with that piece of trash.
I honestly can't think of a video game-based movie that turned out well. I really enjoy CGI movies and wish that video games would stick to that if they want to expand their franchise into film, despite how long it takes to make.
It'd be nice if they made one that didn't center around Leon.  

Little Motel
Crew

Klayko

Blessed Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:18 pm
I think Silent Hill turned out well considering the producer of the game helped make the storyline for the film. Can't wait to see the next one.

Overall, I like the Resident Evil films except for the last one since it seemed like they were adding too much RE5 in it. One thing I know you can't do when making a film from a game is doing the exact same thing the game did, or else it will be boring and crappy. I think putting an a focus on an entirely new character was alright for the films instead of putting a lot of focus on Chris, Jill, etc and since it kind of also gave this possibility of if there was someone like Wesker. I thought the last film was the worst out of them all. One thing several people kept telling me was that the director was asking for suggestions on Afterlife, so if that is really true, then I can't really blame him for how it turned out if no one suggested anything to him and he went at is on his own, lol. One thing I do know: You can't blame the actors/actresses for the film.

DB: Evolution was just as bad if not worst as The Last Airbender film.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:19 pm
Well if you think about it Leon needs a bit more recognition to balance with Chris.Chris does have more credentials than Leon and with more of these movies showing he knows what he is doing and does it well enough to tie Chris in experience and skill.I think Leon and Chris would wreck eachother but that is a different topic.  

TheBurritoBandit

Loyal Genius

8,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Senpais Panties
Captain

Demonic Cultist

12,100 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 11:19 pm
I think the Silent Hill film was the best video game film version, in my opinion.

The thing that bothers me the most is the the Resident Evil movies have nothing to do with the game other than the Virus and Umbrella corp. I'd rather them make their own original without the Resident Evil name. Then maybe I'd respect it more.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:16 am
I don't like the movies.

The first was watchable and when it came out I liked it. I haven't watched it in ages so I don't know if my opinion changed.

I'm a nit picker so it was hard to watch Afterlife etc. So much wrong.... I ranted for months.

In the end, it's not canon so I gave up til the next one come out and I unavoidably b***h. I know people who saw Afterlife with no RE knowledge that said it sucks. So.... what's that say?

Fans : no likey
Non-fans: no likey

The majority, anyway.

I for one am HAPPY that Leon wasn't in it. I really hope there are no more game character AT ALL. I know there will be.l... but I know it will be bad.

I agree. The SH movie was good. Though I was kinda sad there was a Rose instead of Harry. I just REALLY liked the concept of a father searching for his child. Harry is awesome. (SH 1 Harry, not Shattered Memories LOL)  

Do It Try It

Romantic Cat

9,300 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

Rained_on_Butterfly

Interesting Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:49 pm
I rather enjoyed the movies myself. I mean - they did a decent job and they tried to follow the story lines as close as they could, introducing monsters and stuff like that. I own all of them to date - so that says enough of that.

I think they got a good character to introduce everything with, Milla is an amazing actress in my opinion. I rather enjoyed who they got to play Wesker - he did a good job. I know you cant get someone to play a PERFECT impersonation of everyone but the ones who are from the game (Claire, Chris, Wesker, Jill, ) was really cool. I also hear they're introducing Leon and Ada in the next one (officially called Retribution) but the character's are just a rumor. The only one's they'll be officially bringing back are Alice, Claire, and Jill so far.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 10:33 am
Well what people do not seem to realize is that the movie and the games are supposed to be different. If they did the movie exactly like the game then what would be the point and it would be confusing, because very few of the games tie in together. They tend to jump from here to there following different characters and different stories. The movie was never suppose to be an identical twin to the game, and the director admitted to saying that. The things that keep them link are that they used some of the game characters (which I do think they could do better at that), monsters and the virus that started it all. The movies take a different approach to everything that has happened.  

Hikigane_Trijen

6,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200

TheBurritoBandit

Loyal Genius

8,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:26 pm
CLAIRExREDFIELDx
I don't like the movies.

The first was watchable and when it came out I liked it. I haven't watched it in ages so I don't know if my opinion changed.

I'm a nit picker so it was hard to watch Afterlife etc. So much wrong.... I ranted for months.

In the end, it's not canon so I gave up til the next one come out and I unavoidably b***h. I know people who saw Afterlife with no RE knowledge that said it sucks. So.... what's that say?

The majority, anyway.

I for one am HAPPY that Leon wasn't in it. I really hope there are no more game character AT ALL. I know there will be.l... but I know it will be bad.

I agree. The SH movie was good. Though I was kinda sad there was a Rose instead of Harry. I just REALLY liked the concept of a father searching for his child. Harry is awesome. (SH 1 Harry, not Shattered Memories LOL)
What do you have against Leon?  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 1:03 am
KI773RSHADOW
CLAIRExREDFIELDx
I don't like the movies.

The majority, anyway.

Nothing. I really like Leon.
That's why I don't want the movies to butcher him. razz  

Do It Try It

Romantic Cat

9,300 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100

TheBurritoBandit

Loyal Genius

8,975 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:10 pm
CLAIRExREDFIELDx
KI773RSHADOW
CLAIRExREDFIELDx
I don't like the movies.

The majority, anyway.

I know one they can still keep his look and personality.Hire Jensen Ackles.He plays Dean in the show Supernatural.He is one huge badass.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:17 pm
I know most of us don't like the movies because of how strange and wrong the get things, but I honestly appreciate the fact that they generate interest in the games.

The last movie was not to bad, specially since it managed to fix a lot of the stuff that sucked from the 3rd one, like Alice's super powers, though she still did things in this movie no human could do. >.<

And Wesker came out great!  

MGS Meryl

Do It Try It

Romantic Cat

9,300 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2011 1:04 am
KI773RSHADOW
CLAIRExREDFIELDx
KI773RSHADOW
CLAIRExREDFIELDx
I don't like the movies.

The majority, anyway.

I know one they can still keep his look and personality.Hire Jensen Ackles.He plays Dean in the show Supernatural.He is one huge badass.

That's true. I wouldn't mind if they made him cool.

But, I have a feeling they wouldn't.

I like Larter and Miller but the script made Chris a derp and Claire wasn't too much better.  
DISCUSSION & DEBATES

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff