Welcome to Gaia! ::

Truly Dedicated Roleplayers

Back to Guilds

The poppin' place for invigorating reolplays and roleplayers!! 

Tags: Dedicated, Literature, Anime, Manga, Games 

Reply Brainstorm!
Possible RP's

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Which One?
  Star Wars
  Tormented Souls
View Results

Lord Maxdom

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:45 pm
Votes and Replies will Decide

Hello there, I am Maxdom and I'm interested in getting back into creating RP's. Now, if anyone is still around in this guild I would like to throw forth two ideas that I was considering using, most likely I will only use one as the stress of running two RP's is something I'm not looking for currently.

User Image
Star Wars The Old Republic
User Image

You may have heard of the new MMO on the market, and most likely you've heard of Star Wars itself. TOR takes place long before the movies and I'm quite interested in the time, out of all of expanded universe I've been interested in trying to set up an RP during this time period. Now the biggest issue is just the variety of Star Wars, it isn't as simple as "Everyone is a Force user" since not everyone wants to be one. Instead I'm going to allow many different types of backgrounds, races, etc, though I'm going to limit starting faction to the Republic. Mainly because there is more known about the Repiblic life, as well most people will probably not be okay with slaughtering orphans that you've been lugging around for days getting to know and talk with. Of course player morality can be whatever the hell you wish, I'm just going to put in that restriction that I've mentioned.

User Image
Tormented Souls
User Image

This would be a dungeon crawling dark fantasy tale featuring group dynamics, horrifying creatures, and a required skill level. If I do indeed make this one I will have to put some work in on finding an adequate death system for the RP, since there will definitely be character deaths. There will be character resurrections as well but just know each character will die from time to time since the whole point is actually making a challenging dungeon crawl that can be rewarding or punishing depending on how the group works out. As it is shown in the name it will be heavily influenced by the Souls series, Dark Souls and Demon's Souls being examples. So if you aren't ready for a challenge or do not believe you are skilled enough to navigate a dungeon while planning out combat, then do not join. As mentioned this may be too difficult for most roleplayers. Now contrary to the Souls series, I will allow a few races to be picked from but don't expect a very wide selection as I need to actually figure out their places in the world.

Well, do any of these RP's interest anyone? If so please reply or vote, since I'm not going to make anything if no one is actually going to be interested.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 9:15 pm
I vote for tormented souls...just to spite your MMO lust. razz And because it's more my style anyway, lol.  

Heliko pylori

Dapper Darling

Lord Maxdom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 29, 2011 3:36 am
Heliko pylori
I vote for tormented souls...just to spite your MMO lust. razz And because it's more my style anyway, lol.

Thank you for the input. Tormented would be a lot easier to set up considering the amount of information I would have to post for anything Star Wars. Though souls would require me to create new systems with the Star Wars though I'll be just adding already existing information it will be a substantial amount of information...And curse you!  
Brainstorm!

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games