Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Fuyu Muley
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2011 7:16 am
User Image

Here are our three wonderful judges ready to tell you a bit more about the event!

User Image_____User Image_____User Image

A few helpful hints from the judges:

Principal Kou: I'll be looking a little less at the sculptures, and more on the sculptors. A winning piece can only be carved by a solid group of individuals that communicate well and work as a well-oiled machine. There is no "I" in 'team', students!

Office Intern Lea: Hello everyone! Lea here and I work in assigning dorms to each and every one of you and naming said dorms! Creativity is an important part of my job and I have become rather picky as a result! Did you notice that not a single dorm name is just plain old “Blue Dorm”? There’s “Cerulean Dorm”, “Baby Blue Dorm” and even “Cobalt Dorm”! Was I rambling? Oh sorry Rechelle, I’ll let you go ahead!

Office Intern Rechelle: Where am I going? Oh! Sorry! Sorry Ma'am! So, um, let's see... Oh! I'm in charge of teacher and rich kid What?? Oh, privileged, I meant privileged!! housing. I have to crunch a lot of numbers (unlike with my 'paycheck') -cough- Eep! and record a lot of information, so keeping track of details is pretty important. In fact, Principal Kou makes me record everything three times, just in case! I shouldn't have said that?? I'm sorry, sorryyy! Um, anyway, work hard and strut your stuff! I mean, your ice sculptures! Their stuff, not yours! Wait, that doesn't make sense....

Rules:

- Follow all school and guild rules. (Of course they still apply!)

- No cheating. This means two things - First, that stealing or copying other team's ideas will get you kicked out of the competition. Secondly, those of you with ice or water - related abilities are not allowed to use them in any fashion.

- Be a good sport. Sure, it'a a competition, but you don't need to be obnoxious about it.

- Have fun! (It's required!)

Principal Kou:

Greetings, everyone, and happy holidays.

The new year is upon us, already, it seems! I hope you're all having excellent winter vacations, and are ready to put your all into this fine ice sculpting competition. You're a gifted bunch in many ways, so I'm looking forward to what you all come up with! But, remember, though your differences may be great, never forget the unity and pride each of you feel for our Academy. Alone, you are capable; but, together, you can accomplish anything.

I trust you all won't disappoint me, ah ha ha. And, don't forget to enjoy yourselves!

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:55 am
User Image

change your mind and stop the time
тhat comes between us, that bends beneath us
ιf you’re mine, I don’t mind
ωe tried another, let’s try each other

User Image

Lucille Corey entered the area for the Ice Sculpting Competition, with a distraught look on her face. Her light eyes studied the grand blocks of ice, and her brow furrowed,"Oh Poo! How can I make a sculpture out of a block of ice a big as that myself?" She asked no one in particular.
Suddenly, her frown turned upside down as she remembered, TEAMS were allowed! Grin still present, she shouted out,"Hey! Does anyone need an extra member on their team?"

▻мσσ∂: Excited
▸ωєαяιиɢ: Winter outfit
▻ωнσ's ωιтн мє?: No one

ι know it is wrong, but we just don’t belong
ιn their eyes, in the sun
ηo we just don’t belong

CoolQueerLeader

Wheezing Genius

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:57 pm
◆ Ray Colburn ◆
⊑"Luck never gives, it only lends."⊒

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Ray walked to the location of the ice sculpting event with hands in his pockets to keep himself warm despite the gloves he was wearing. He carefully listened to the three judges talk as he watched the vapor of his breath appear. The platinum blond recognized the one standing in the middle as she was the one who had told him his dorm upon his arrival, however he didn't know about the two others until they were introduced. "Teams... I wonder how many members per team. Though probably as many as you can manage and the judges will evaluate from there." the gambler deduced as he now observed the giant blocks of ice they would soon be sculpting. Next his pale blue ice looked at their equipment they would most probably be spending some time handling: some chisels and a bunch of hand saws. Not exactly the tools he had in mind, but they would suffice.

Once the principal finished speaking he heard a female voice scream aloud, apparently searching for a team. Shrugging, Ray supposed she couldn't be that hard to work with, as long as she didn't keep screaming like that at least. Walking up to her he extended his glove covered hand for a small handshake as he said, "Would you like to join my team? I'm waiting for a friend to arrive soon, so we'll be three if you join. Also, I'm Ray."

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:38 am
User Image

User Image

Lucille grinned at the almost white-blonde haired male's word. Taking his gloved hand with her own, she shook vigorously,"I'd love to join your team!" she exclaimed, still using her outdoor voice. Her already pink from the cold cheeks turned a bit darker as it dawned on her that shouting to someone right next to her probably wasn't a good idea. She gave a nervous laugh,"Erm, sorry for shouting. I'm Lucille. Nice to meet you Ray!" she exclaimed, pulling her hand back.

▻ωнσ's ωιтн мє?: Ray

ηo we just don’t belong

CoolQueerLeader

Wheezing Genius

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200

Kathryn Anon

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:23 am
User Image

All night long I dream of the day
When it comes around, well it's taken away
Leaves me with the feelin' that I fear the most
I feel it come to life when I see your ghost

Will I find something in there?
To give it just what (I) need:
Another reason to bleed.

Suiren strode through the shallow snow, looking about the blindingly bright scenery with growing agitation- she should have brought sunglasses with her. Contrary to popular belief, the only reason why vampires-- at least her specific breed of vampire, avoided the sun was because of raised senses. It was kind of bright, and quite uncomfortable. Regardless of that, she had little to no problem with winter. Other than the fact that December happened to be her birthday, so she wasn't too pleased about that. Aside from those things, the girl was indifferent towards the season.

Even though it was bitingly cold, the vampiric girl strode forwards in nothing more than a sweater-dress and leggings. The dark material matched her hair, but paled her skin greatly, especially against the bright background. She didn't particularly care, she looked pretty good regardless, and it was easy to move about in.

Ryn noticed that the field was relatively empty, and as she strode forwards she twisted her path over in the direction of a male and female, apparently a 'team' for this particular event. Glaring through the bright light she finally recognized the male blond, and in a flash she was by his side, a mischievous smile gracing her pale lips.
"Now, now. What have you been up to in the time I've been gone?" she asked in a teasing voice, implying something far from innocent with a playful ease. She was just teasing, of course-- she was aware of how awkward this boy was around girls, and was simply surprised that he was actually striking up a conversation with one.

Hey, don't let it go to waste!
I love it, but I hate that taste.
(Guilty) weight keeping me down...

Will I find the believer
Another one who believes
Another one to decieve
Over and over, down on my knees

{|.Out.Of.Craziness.| }
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
{|My song is in the middle|}

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:40 am
User Image
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
===============================
"Living Like We're Bulletproof"

"Trembling, crawling across my skin
Feeling your cold dead eyes stealing the life of mine
I believe in you, I can show you that I can see right through all your empty lies
I won't last long in this world so wrong...

Say goodbye
As we dance with the devil tonight
Don't you dare look at him in the eye
As we dance with the devil tonight..."

Samantha Graystone trudged into the arena for the Ice Sculpting Competition, seemingly one of the people who had entered the contest. Honestly, she wanted to be somewhere else at the moment...someplace warm, sipping on hot chocolate, waiting for classes to start. This was how she planned to spend her vacation. Indoors, occasionally going outside...but mostly indoors.

But no, Sam had to come here. One of her teachers was concerned about her frequent behavior of isolating herself from the other students during the seemester, and when asked why, Sam simply replied that she didn't have anything in common with them. Point blank truth in her opinion. The teacher, who was definitely not convinced, had suggested Sam attend the events at the Ice Ball, which might improve the girl's social skills. Yet the teacher hadn't realized that Sam was used to being alone, and when the girl refused to go, the teacher made an assignment for her: to go to the Ice Sculpture Competition and participate...with a team.

Way to go Sam...now you're standing out here in the middle of the snow, next to a block of ice while freezing your rear end off, and waiting for the competition to start. Real brilliant. Sam rolled her eyes. There was no way she was getting out of this predicament until the contest was over, and if she attempted to skip out now, she would fail the assignment. Which meant that she had to find a team fast. Just peachy.

Current Mood: Unhappy
Current Thoughts: AUGH! Stupid cold weather....
Current Outfit: Not helping me stay warm at the moment!

((Outcast, Outclassed, Chocolate!: ))  

Leonidas Pelagios

Spirited Protagonist

15,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:58 am
User ImageUser Image

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙
Ⓡoy Ⓔvans
⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

It wasn't long before a patch of red and white (literally) slipped into view, arms flailing in an attempt to regain some balance. He had forgotten how slippery ice could be even in small quantities. The fact that a thing layer of snow was covering all the dangerous patches had not helped him in his rush to catch up to his friend. Note to self, buy better boots, Roy thought, but he was too distracted by the small roll of paper in his mitten-clad hand to really pay attention to his safety. He spotted Ray amongst giant blocks of unsculpted ice and waved at him as he approached their little group.

"Hey, Ray! Sorry for being late. I had to drop by the newspaper room to borrow their printer." Out of reflex, the blond reached up with a hand covered by thick red mittens to tighten his orange-yellow scarf around him and better fend off the cold. Maybe add a better coat to the shopping list. Were they in the middle of introductions? He didn't know Ray was such a lady killer what with his science talk and direct personality. "Are you guys our teammates? Great, I'm Roy then!"

Yet again, he had not left them time to respond as he was too excited for what was to come even if he had never held chisels let alone hand saws. In a swift and brisk motion, he tugged open the paper he had carefully rolled up, almost ripping it in two in the process. It showed the image of a battle worn man wearing a full body armor and a fur cape clutching onto a long sword while wind whipped his hair back. "Let's try sculpting Ned!" he shouted all too cheerfully. He was in one of his fanboy moods again. Ned Stark had been an important character in one of his favorite series of book, a series Ray most likely had little interest in considering its high fantasy genre, but he still had to try. "You see, his family's motto is 'Brace yourself, Winter is coming'! Isn't it fitting? It could be engraved at the food of the statue. And a sculpture of this size would be perfect, no? We could put this at the school's entrance or even in front of exam halls with some antimelting enchantements and a little change in the phrase."

Seize the day, putting as little trust as possible in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 12:33 pm
User Image

All night long I dream of the day
When it comes around, well it's taken away
Leaves me with the feelin' that I fear the most
I feel it come to life when I see your ghost

Will I find something in there?
To give it just what (I) need:
Another reason to bleed.

Suiren looked to the blond blankly, noting the fluffed mittens of violent red first and foremost. Hunger began to itch in her stomach, but the tightening of Aoki around my ribs deterred the wandering thoughts. Her eyes flickered away, and a deep sigh fluttered from between her pale lips as she tugged distractedly at the sleeves of her dark sweater-dress. Anybody who didn't know her better might assume that she was cold, although that wasn't the case. It couldn't be the case, actually.

The young vampire turned her eyes towards the pink-haired girl, the one who had (rather loudly in Suiren's opinion) introduced herself as Lucille. Suiren sat quietly for a moment, before finally deciding that she should introduce herself. A warm smile fluttered to her lips as she tilted her head to the side, her hair shifting slightly from the moment.
"I'm Ryn!" she noted at an even tone, her voice sounding gentle and care-free, "It's a pleasure to meet you Roy, and..." she nodded her head towards the girl, "Lucille."

The thin fabric of her grey toned dress shifted slightly as she inspected the picture, her crimson eyes large and innocent, curiosity interlaced into her stare.
"Ned?" she questioned, turning her head upwards so that she could glance at the boy holding the paper, "I don't believe that is familiar to me." she finally concluded, nodding her head and straightening her posture. "Although, I guess the motto is rather befitting." she agreed, not particularly caring about what they attempted to carve, "But, wouldn't it be smarter to choose a figure that nobody is particularly fond of? I mean, I know that I haven't done this before, and I'm not sure if any of you have, but I don't think this is as easy as the professionals make it look." she crossed her arms comfortably, again it could easily be mistaken for her being cold as she hid her pale hands in the dark fabric.

Frowning contemplatively, she looked towards Lucille and then towards Ray, "What do you guys think?" she asked, smiling easily, "So long as we're not doing something like Dracula, I'm pretty much content." she chuckled at her own private joke, positive that none of her companions would understand the underlying joke. "I just think it's important that we treat this as much as a game as we do a competition! We should try to have fun with it!" again she nodded her head, smiling at the small group.

Hey, don't let it go to waste!
I love it, but I hate that taste.
(Guilty) weight keeping me down...

Will I find the believer
Another one who believes
Another one to decieve
Over and over, down on my knees

{|.Out.Of.Craziness.| I am hoping that I am the not intruding-- I assumed that I was the 'friend' that you were referring too, considering the PM-- Well, 3's a crowd but 4's a party biggrin }
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
{|My song is in the middle|}{|Current outfit at the end|}

Kathryn Anon

Peculiar Perfectionist

22,250 Points
  • Summer Pride 100
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Member 100

Leonidas Pelagios

Spirited Protagonist

15,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:43 pm
User Image

I believe in you, I can show you that I can see right through all your empty lies

Say goodbye

What in the world...Sam glanced to the side of the ice block she was standing on front of, raising an eyebrow when she noticed an overexcited blond-haired man chatting about someone named Ned. Whoa...probably a fan of the guy, Sam thought before glancing at the other member of the gathered team. A pink haired girl, who had very loudly introduced herself as Lucille earlier was among the group, as well as a black haired girl and yet another blonde haired guy. Although she felt like asking to join the group, she kept her mouth shut. No way she'd be accepted. Still she had to say something at least. After taking a deep breath, Sam walked over to the others as she heard the last part of the conversation, with the black haired girl suggesting that the group choose a figure that no one was fond of and making a joke. "Nah, too boring, and everyone likes Dracula," she commented as she glanced at the group. "Sorry about intruding...just thought I'd put in my own two cents on the subject. About picking a figure that no one is fond of...I think it would be perfect, but we should do something creative with it. Does anyone know any historical or literary figures they don't like?"

Current Mood: Curious
Current Thoughts: What the guacamole? That blonde guy sounds kind of hyper...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:51 pm
User Image

User Image
'They say if it's broken, then fix it. But how do you fix a broken heart if you can't even touch it?'

User Image

Anneliese entered the area, her face had flushed back to its normal color, but her cheeks were still a little red from what happened earlier. "If I had only ask for Barbie dolls instead of a chemistry set." She muttered, naming what she had wanted for Christmas when she was younger. She had always been awkward when it came to being close to boys. She sighed, hoping when Hibari came, she could apologize. I'm such an idiot. She shivered slightly and realized she had arrived at the Ice Sculpting event. She smiled to herself and saw that there were others there. Maybe she could start a team with them?

She started to walk towards them when she saw two familiar faces. She stopped walking and stared at the two, trying to remember who the faces reminded her of. She remembered now. They were the two boys back her old school who attempted to help her get her medicine but they never came back. Either that or they ditched her. But she didn't think they ditched her. Or at least she thought they didn't. If they did, she would probably beat them up. They looked like lovers, not fighters. She frowned at the memory, remembering that her brother never answered her question when she asked about the two boys. What were their names? The happy one is Roy and the wimpy one is Ray. Oh, that rhymes. Roy and Ray. She chuckled at the thought and started off towards the group and froze again. What if they realize it's me? No, I dyed my hair... She hesitated before going off towards an ice block nearby and waited for Hibari to come.

User Image
User Image

kouhaijpg

Shirtless Sex Symbol

8,850 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Member 100

CoolQueerLeader

Wheezing Genius

6,900 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 2:53 pm
User Image

User Image

Lucille had a huge grin on her face by the time Roy and Ryn had introduced themselves. Her attention was suddenly drawn to the newest girl who had suggested about picking a character nobody was fond of,"Hey! What about Bella Swan? From Twilight? Everyone hates her!" She suggested, still grinning. Her first thought had really been Voldemort from Harry Potter, but she wasn't exactly in the mood to start talking about a book based on her own kind.

▻ωнσ's ωιтн мє?: Ray, Roy, and Ryn

ηo we just don’t belong

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 3:34 pm
◆ Ray Colburn ◆

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Ray's eyebrow raised itself in curiosity at part of what the pale purple haired girl had told him. Did he accidentally blurt out the part about her being loud or was she telepathic? Clearly both events were plausible and highly probable because it was him and the teen knew very well there were many gifted students in the Academy. "So that makes 3 in our team. We'll probably want to restrict it to 4 members in order to optimize efficiency of the members. I'd rather not be grouped in a team with some useless members unable to do anything yet they are equally rewarded to the members who actually worked hard." The platinum blond spoke of personal experience and had no intention of being a larger group than four.

Just then, a black haired girl approached with and spoke some rather confusing words. "Excuse me? What a rather obvious answer. I have been mainly doing respiration, which means mainly inhaling 78% Nitrogen, 21% Oxygen and a few other irrelevant quantities of other gases while exhaling back the 78% Nitrogen, 16% of Oxygen, 4% of Carbon Dioxide and some other gases. The teen paused momentarily from rambling before noticing he did not have the slightest clue who this girl was.

Thankfully, Ray heard his friend's call and turned his attention to the tumbling blond. "Ned?" That was clearly not the name of any scientist or researcher familiar to him. "I suppose a few compromises will be necessary in order to make a good team operate." The gambler said with a small shrug. Just then a few different people began to interject in their conversation and the only thing he noticed was that if they all made one team, it would surpass his ideal 4 members. "Excuse me to bother you all in your brainstorming, but I'm highly considering leaving this team. See, if this were to be a real competition, there would have to be many teams. We can't just mass up and make one big team hoping we will all be awarded prizes or something. Nothing against any of you by the way, it would just make the competition more entertaining." His blue eyes looked in Roy's direction. Everyone seemed to be rather amused with his idea, so perhaps it would be best if he stayed in that team. "It was nice briefly meeting you all, I'm Ray." He decided to wait for a sort of reply from any of them before just leaving them. The light blond haired boy might be socially awkward, but he was well aware of very general manners.

User Image

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

Feiyimei

Invisible Gawker

18,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 4:31 pm
User ImageUser Image

⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙
Ⓡoy Ⓔvans
⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙⊙

"Bella Swan?" Who was that again? Oh, that whiny girl from that vampire romance novel that had been a hit amongst girls and what had been referred as "cougars". That sounded like a good idea. Roy had never read any of the books mainly because werewolves and vampires just weren't enough to suit his taste, but at least it was quite well known unlike his dear Eddard "Ned" Stark. Besides, there will be no harm if let's say...his hand accidentally slipped with the saw and cut off an extra block of ice or two. Just then, Ray announced his sudden leave, breaking Roy's train of thoughts.

He had not been expecting his friend to step down. He had been under the impression that the gambler was quite enthusiastic about the event, but Ray had never been too good with crowds so that would be a plausible explanation. Still, he wasn't about to let him escape. "Hey, wait! Get back here!" As quickly as the slippery ground allowed him, Roy slipped past Ray to block off any escape route. " We need you to come up with some sort of scientific mumbo jumbo to win this! As a fellow Canadian, how could you abandon your own kin?" For sure, skills and artistry were needed, but some math and numbers would surely help for the architectural design. Not being one who care so much about the prizes, Roy had trouble grasping the source of Ray's discontentment, but he did not want to press further.

His head whipped around to do a quick headcount of whoever were present until he noticed something. "Hey, aren't we supposed to be competing against each other? Why are we sharing ideas? Where's the fun in that?" Another idea had popped up when he heard Ryn's idea. Someone he wasn't too fond of? He was pretty sure that the dear Eye of Sauron would make a good sculpture. Maybe set it near the lavatories...

Seize the day, putting as little trust as possible in the future.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:30 pm
User Image

Say goodbye

"Yeah...you're definitely right. One large group isn't much fun when you're got no one to compete against," Sam shrugged. "Once again, I apologize for rudely interrupting. Guess I should have asked if I could join before saying anything else." She scratched her head a bit as she mentally kicked herself for barging in like this. "Might as well introduce myself. I'm Samantha Graystone, but just call me Sam. If you don't want me on the team, I understand."

Leonidas Pelagios

Spirited Protagonist

15,500 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Sapphire Waltz
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:28 pm
◆ Ray Colburn ◆

User Image

User ImageUser Image

Ray couldn't help but let out a sigh when his blond friend barred his way out, preventing from leaving the group of girls. "Rather than abandoning you there, think of it as temporarily leaving. I don't want to be in a team with more than four people, so rather than asking someone else to leave, I'll just add myself to another group. Less hassle." His pair of gloves pointed to Ryn, Lucille, Samantha and finally Roy. "Look, four people. Why don't you form a team? I'm sure you'll all work wonderfully on Ned." Blue eyes looked around to notice a girl standing alone near an ice block. "I'll just go pair up with her and wait for some more people to join in, you guys get a handicap and increase your chances of winning by starting as soon as possible."

Now hoping to appease the telekinetic teen Roy of his decision to withdraw from the team, the platinum blond just patted his head with a small smile before leaving to talk to the girl in the corner. If only there were instructional books on how to be comfort a friend, the gambler would have probably read it and popped in a word or two, but a pat on the head would have to suffice. Nearing the lone girl, Ray hoped to appear somewhat friendly by extending a glove covered hand and asking, "Excuse me, but would you like to work together for the ice sculpture? Unless you're waiting for someone of course. The name is Ray." Somehow her face seemed familiar... Did he recognize her from somewhere? Maybe she just had an average looking face, but the light blond haired teen couldn't quite pinpoint her identity.

User Image

◆ Archived Threads

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces