Reply The Gryffindor House: A Harry Potter Guild
<THE PROPHECY> <read plz!> Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:41 am
So there was a prophecy made about Harry in the 5th book and I took a sort of literallist view towards it. It says
"Either must die at the hand of the other." Does this mean that Harry can only be killed by Voldemort? So in all other cases he is immortal? Give me your thoughts on this and spare the insults I really don't need them.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2006 11:47 am
I'm guessing that's what it means...either Harry has to kill Voldemort, or vice versa

that being said...my hope of Harry dying would then probably result in Voldemort being victorious...which would be interesting in itself...  

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

iluvredties

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 5:26 am
yeah it would be interesting...but i would most likely cry  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 9:10 am
iluvredties

I agree, Rebel Sheep I just cannot fathom why you want harry to die? Its Katie Leung who should die. Going to a ball with Cedric Diggory? CRUCIO!  

AquilaLiberum

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 10:35 am
Aquila15
iluvredties

I agree, Rebel Sheep I just cannot fathom why you want harry to die? Its Katie Leung who should die. Going to a ball with Cedric Diggory? CRUCIO!
don't judge me!! lol...I just think it'd be a good idea for him to die ninja

Katie is kewl! it's Cho I don't like xp  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2006 11:01 am
i think voldermort picked the wrong person...
which means neville ( crying ) & voldermort will die gonk  

chocolate_mango

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 9:46 am
magicpuppy8

Oh god that's a good point! It'd be interesting if Neville did die. I never even thought about that possibility because Dumbledore said in the 5th book that Harry was the wrong person and Dumbledore's always right----well almost always-unless when the prophecy said,
"And the Dark Lord will mark him as his equal." it meant about Neville's parents being tortured so that he has to grow up alone like Voldemort had to.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 10:33 am
magicpuppy8
there was no right person to pick...he made the choice. If he had picked Neville, the Prophecy would've been about him...but, he picked Harry. That's why there was a "?" beside Harry's name on the orb thing...because there was a possibility that Neville's name would be there...but, the night Voldemort killed Harry's parents and gave Harry that scar, Voldemort made the Prophecy be about Harry...it can't be anyone else

EDIT: heh...sorry, this is me being all technical and fussy about Harry Potter...feel free to ignore me!  

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200

AquilaLiberum

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:03 am
Stupid technicalities! xp But it could be said that harry just got attacked for nothing and that he is the wrong person because it seems at the minute that neville's parents got attacked because they were aurors but maybe........nu I've lost this one. I still think there's a possibility that Neville could be the one that has the power to vanquish voldemort unless by giving harry the scar, he also gave him the power to defeat him in which case it definitley is harry which is crap because i was hyped about neville being the new hero-it would have been a great twist  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:02 pm
I think that Harry will be the one to kill Voldemort but I also think that Neville will play a huge role in the downfall of old Voldy there. More big than any other character besides Harry.  

boiseboy
Vice Captain

darkmage676

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:50 am
or they might kill each other you know falling building harry tries to escape voldamort graps him, building falls the end but one survived and that probably how its going to end  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:06 am
Hey Niall! Your sorta missing the point. The prophecy says that one must die at the hand of the other, not "both must die at the hands of a falling building."

People Im allowed to be horrible to DarkMage676 because he goes to my school and can be a bit annoying somethimes so this is my revenge. xp  

AquilaLiberum

Rebbyy

7,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Flatterer 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:29 am
Aquila15
not "both must die at the hands of a falling building."
rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:43 am
Rebel_sheep
Aquila15
not "both must die at the hands of a falling building."
rofl

Thanx sheep!  

AquilaLiberum

dawnee
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 9:49 am
the one with the power to vanquish the dark lord aproaches... born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies... and the dark lord will mark him as his equal, but he will have power the dark lord knows not.... and either must die at the hand of the other for neither can live while the other survives..
him marked harry as his equal,but harry has power that the dark lord knows not that is FRIENDS. harry will win because he knows love and friends so he has the power and the motivation to get it done.  
The Gryffindor House: A Harry Potter Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff