Welcome to Gaia! ::

♛ Equinox: The Kingdoms of Lunaria & Solaria

Back to Guilds

The Sun & the Moon have always been sources of light & hope. Darkness is rising in the Kingdom of Lunaria, aiming to hurt who needs it most. 

Tags: Medieval, Romance, Treachery, Conflict, Fantasy 

Reply The Kingdoms of Lunaria & Umbra
The Pub Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:24 pm
This bar is most active at dusk, and tends to mellow out during late nights or evenings, with few people coming in to drink.
They serve much stronger drinks than normal, catering to expensive and normal tastes. The people are friendly, willing to give their own opinions and critiques on drinks if you ask. It closes early in the morning, and opens in the late evenings.  
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:35 pm
User Image
xxxxxxxx.xxxPerounelle Alliynnor Syhbblxx
xxxxxxx Cherish the friend who tells you a harsh truth,
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxx wanting ten times more to tell you a loving lie

Perounelle hummed quietly to herself as she roamed the streets of umbra quietly, seeing little to no one wandering as well. They didn't seem to mind seeing the blonde woman walking about, and neither did said blonde woman mind them either. She stopped walking, the sound of her heels clicking against paved rock road as she approached a rather quaint pub on the corner of an ally. There was a single candle with a blue burning flame standing outside the door, silently inviting people in.

Perounelle took this as a nice invitation and made her way inside, opening the door and hearing the bell ring as she entered. The bartender greeted her with a curt nod, and Perounelle did so as well, looking at him with calm eyes, her stone cold features still slightly harsh in this light. She sat on a stool, the man smiling as he approached her. "What can I get a lovely lady like yourself at this hour?" Perounelle hummed lowly in her throat, her eyes tranquil, eyelashes low. "Strongest thing you have. In a wine glass, if you would."

The man raised an eyebrow but chuckled and nodded, going into the back and getting a bottle of strong mix of elven and draconic wine. It wasn't thick - but it was a rusty crimson color, sweet with a slightly bitter aftertaste. Amazingly, the wine stain the wine left on the glass was not the rusty crimson red, but a sharp light blue.

Perounelle nodded and said, "Thank you. If you would leave the bottle?" The man smiled. "High tolerance?" Perounelle took a sip, licking her lips as she looked down at the glass, swirling the strong liquid around. It hit her taste buds and ignited a sweet simulation all throughout her mouth, and as she swallowed, left a pleasantly bitter yet sour aftertaste that tasted almost like a mix of wild blueberries and cranberries, as well as sour grapes. "Quite." Perounelle swirled the liquid around in her glass, watching the very ends of the liquid leave slight blue imprints before disappearing. Truly one of a kind.

((Sorry for the crappy post))

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Full Of Envy

3,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:46 pm
Buttercream Belle

Adoven Dawntraker
-------------------------------------
~~~Death turned to life and said~~~

Adoven took a sip of his wine, looking over the people in the br. The place was nice, wall known, and served good wine. And…well for a better since of the word quiet, you didn’t see much of that in any pub. With that he took a sip of his wine, looking down at the dark red liquid. He had just returned for an assignment, it was rather brutal; the woman he was asked to retrieve refused to go with him, forcing his hand in doing, the unthinkable. Well…the wanted poster did say dead or alive.

He was about to take another sip when something caught his attention, the door opened, and of cores not uncommon for a bar, the foot steps that came threw the door were, lighter, confident, something you don’t here at this time of night. With that the turned his head, wanting to take a peek of this new comer. He was expecting a knight of some sort, defiantly not the queen odd Solenari…though; she was a knight as well wasn’t she.

With that he finished his glad, watching as she ordered hers, and approached. ”My, I didn’t expect to see you here.” He said, his voice soft, smooth, as if not wanting to disrupt the peace here

~~~Because you are a beautiful lie...
And i am a painful truth

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

((Its fine~ mine isnt any better :3 ))

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:56 pm
User Image

When perounelle had entered the pub, she had not taken into consideration who was there, especially the man who seemed to always be part of the darkness, no matter where he was. She was simply focused on having a drink. However, Adoven's unmistakable husky voice had drawn her attention over to him. She was almost tempted to smirk, but simply looked over at him, head coked to the side slightly. "Adoven." She acknowledged, looking back at her wine and swirling it once more before taking another rather large sip. The bartender looked over at her, polishing a glass, looking rather impressed. "Two sips in people are already in a drunk stupor. I've never seen a noble woman come in and drink anything other than white wine," Perounelle looked over at the man, and shrugged. "Intoxication is something foreign to me. My will is too strong to have a mere drink un-sober."

The bartender chuckled lowly, Perounelle taking yet another sip of her strong wine, the amount in her glass quickly dwindling. She turned back to Adoven, licking her lips softly of the wine traces. "I seem to be seeing you quite the bit lately, Adoven," Perounelle said simply, before her stone cold eyes met him. "I hope this is coincidental. But, you never know. It isn't like I haven't been stalked before, though I doubt i'm on a wanted list." Perounelle leaned on the edge of the counter, looking at Adoven with piercing, yet calm, bored and non judgemental eyes.

Of course, the chances of seeing Adoven were small in the first place, but this was now - what, the third time? It didn't bother her as much as it gave her slight creeps that a man she did not know that well, she saw more often than some of her close knights. Ironic, but still, in a slight way, creepy.
Perounelle hummed lowly at her thought, taking yet another sip.

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Full Of Envy

3,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:08 pm
Buttercream Belle

Adoven Dawntraker

Adoven smirked a bit at that, brushing some of his hair over his shoulders.” I live crossed the street, I come to this bar quit often.” He said, steeling him self down.” usually when I think no one will stop bye here, but alas, that doesn’t happen every night.” He added his tone dull, almost bored.

“But what brings you here Miss? , I’m sure it wasn’t just the temptation of alcohol in this fine establishment,” He said, taking a seat, leaning his staff against the table.” and don’t flatter your self miss, I have many better things to do then to stalk royalty...unless they have a hefty sum on there hands, in which you do not…I assume.” He said, attempting a joke as he leaned back in his chair. Cold silver eyes meeting her green ones.

And i am a painful truth

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 11:31 pm
Full Of Envy
User Image

Perounelle raised an eyebrow in surprise at the fact that he lived quite close to this bar, and that he came here often. She let out a hum instead of a nod, taking one last sip of her wine, staring down at her glass, the beginnings of a pout forming on her face. However, Perounelle did take a moment to admire the bluish sharp tint the red wine left in the glass. She grabbed the bottle of wine and poured some more, setting the bottle and glass down as she turned back to Adoven, hearing him mention that he didn't quite expect people to stop by.

"Oh, well I apologize if I intruded on your solitude, this place interested me for reasons unknown." Perounelle grabbed her glass and ran her finger along the rim, staring down into the deep dark crimson pool of liquids, still listening to the dark elf speak. She let out a single chuckle when he asked her a few questions and commented on what she had also said. However, that wasn't what she found amusing. Why was he calling her, "Miss"?

Perounelle set her glass down once more before she continued. "Adoven, you know i'm an honest woman. And frankly, you addressing me as "miss" is making me feel quite old. You can freely call me by my first name." She then cropped a single arm, the other still leaning.

"Like I said before, this place interested me. I've been craving strong wine, and Solaria's white wine doesn't quite fit my tastes. Dark wines typically have a stronger flavour, which I usually tend to prefer. Not always, but usually."

Perounelle nodded to his next words, her neutral expression lightening up slightly in amusement. "You would be surprised. I'm sure the q-" Perounelle paused, taking in the area and wondering how they felt about the other side. She decided not to ruin the night with risking to mention it. "I'm sure I would have quite a large bounty. Though, I don't imagine anyone would be idiotic enough to try and assassinate me. But you never know. In these times, people will do anything for money. Whether it be shameful or not." Perounelle sighed and picked up her wine glass, tucking a strand of her blonde hair behind her ear.

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Full Of Envy

3,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 9:05 am
Buttercream Belle

Adoven Dawntraker

“My apologies, some times I am too formal for my own good.” He said with a small chuckle, leaning back in his seat a bit. He blinked a bit at the shame full part. His upper lip twitching slightly, as if he was trying to smile.” I’d drink to that.” He said, folding his hands in his lap.” The war left many broke, and desperate, I’m not surprised that there has bin an uproar in…crime and such.” He said, giving off a small wave with his hand, as if dismissing the issues, then folded them back together.

“Mr. Dawntraker.” A bar maiden said as she approached him, the bottle of wine he had asked for before he mad his way over to Perounelle.” Your wine sir.” She said, setting it done next to him. “Ah, yes, thank you clarissa dear.” He said with a small nod.” How is your father doing?” he asked, silver eyes darting up to meet the girl’s flawless blue ones.” Oh! Much better sir! After you gave him that remedies he was up and walking around with in days.” He beamed, watching as the dark elf dug around in his satchel for something.” good, good, it seems to have worked perfectly then, here.” He said, taking out a few gold coins, some from his last assignment, and placed them in her hands.” Use this to by that brew I taught you, it should get rid of the cough completely.” He said, his voice soft, almost warm. Almost.

“Oh! Right! Thank you sir~!” She beamed, as she rushed off to the bar, telling the Bar tender the news she had just received.

And i am a painful truth

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 10:57 am
Full Of Envy
User Image

Perounelle raised an eyebrow at all of his words, her eyes now filled with mirth at his kindness to the girl, one he hadn't seen on him before. "Well, dearest doctor, care to give me a diagnosis, too?" She let out a single "hn." in amusement, leaning back against the counter, sipping at her wine now, looking generally amused. "You couldn't be more correct, mister dawntraker." Perounelle thought she might as well give him a little taste of how she felt when he called her something so proper. It was all in good manner, not malicious in any way. Pure friendly to the core.

Perounelle couldn't even name the times she had seen beggars, seen the poor, and seen others who did anything and everything they could to feed families. Perounelle always had mercy on these people, knowing that the times she lived in were hard for everyone, including royals themselves. No one liked to see their fellow people in pain, royal, or not. Poverty was a terrible thing. In its own little way, it was an invisible stalker, who followed everyone, rich or poor, and throughout their lives, could touch anyone in their own little way. But even so, Perounelle couldn't help but also see a tiny light side to the people who did certain things for money.

"However unfortunate it may be, I cannot tell you the thing bounty hunters have done to get close to me, or others in my palace." She let out the tiniest of smirks, her eyes filled with micheivness. "I remember once there was this particular knight in the army who was simply too skilled for his own good. He kept moving up in the ranks, and at quite an alarming rate." Perounelle's tiny smirk seemed to widen a bit more. "The general a black figure one day telling the knight; who was now obviously simply a spy, heard the black figure threatening him to do whatever possible to get closer to the queen, and to follow all orders from that point on, and even kiss up."

She paused, and though she didn't want to giggle, she had to. "Well, the next day we informed him that the general wanted to try a new method of combat, where all the knight's would go, "spartan style" and train completely naked. Of course, to the knight this sounded absolutely idiotic, but the general told the knight that I would be watching the training, so he had no choice but to oblige." Perounelle was now grinning slightly now, her porcelain features very cunning and sly. "Of course, we told our other knights to come dressed in their finest armor. And, well, needless to say, that training day was rather cold. breezy, and quite a sight for my knights, the general and I."

Perounelle laughed quietly and then shrugged. "What people will do for money amazes me, it truly does. I cannot help but..." Perounelle looked over at Adoven and shrugged, quite happy she had a chance to be herself, letting a bit of her serious features drop. "Look at the positive side of bounty, especially when it is quite hilarious."

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Full Of Envy

3,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 11:50 am
Buttercream Belle

Adoven Dawntraker

Adoven chuckled at her words.” Alright, I see your point; I’m far too old and have done far to many things to have the title Mr. in front of my name.” He said, pouring him self a glass of the wine. It was an old elvish brew, made of blackberries and grapes, some of the finest he has tasted, though, not enough to get him tipsy, the flavor was deep and rich, not too sweet but not to sour, the perfect middle. ”Agreed...living ceatchers are, greedy beings.” ‘He said, making sure to leave out the word human, it was stereotyping really, greed was in every one, even if his races thought to be cleansed of it.

“Ha, the pour fellow.” He said with a small smirk, taking a sip of his wine.” I’ve seen that happen with knights, and warriors, they think they can weasel there way threw, get close and then before you know it, you have a sword threw your chest.” He said, brushing some hair over his shoulders.” They forget to play the most important part, to b the unexpected done, the knight that fumbles his sword, or the wizard that messes up his own spell. The rouge that has not a clue of what stealth is, those are the ones you need to look out for.”

And i am a painful truth

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:13 pm
Full Of Envy
User Image

Perounelle nodded and smiled, liking how he knew exactly how she felt. "I might not be as old as you, but it get the jist of it. No one likes to feel older than they already are." Perounelle nodded as well, and let out a small huff, watching her wine swirl around in her glass, hearing what he said about greed. Really, it was something almost inveitable. Everyone had greed. Everyone wanted something, craved something they could not have. Whether it be abstract or not, there was always something. Love....Money... Friendship. It was all there. Perounelle, being an angel, knew this better than most people. It was one of the seven deadly sins, and in these times, people found themselves giving into them easily. Greed, lust, and gluttony, especially. Perounelle sipped at her wine, her face slowly reverting back to it's normal seriousness. Though, she still was very much enjoying this time with Adoven.

Perounelle watched as he brushed his rather long hair over his shoulders with little curiosity, and she stood straight up, taking a breathe in, simply out of habit of having a corset on. Sometimes she simply ran out of breathe with it on, and had to stand up straight to properly let air enter her lungs. Perounelle nodded to his words once she took a breathe in. "With my position, I always have to be expecting these things, so I cannot help but hear those words an awful lot..." Perounelle let her head fall against her shoulder lazily, sighing, her eyelids feeling heavy suddenly, it was rather late, after all. She had been spending most of her nights in the Umbrian and Lunarian kingdoms, wanting to savour the night life.

Perounelle then straightened up and finished her second glass of this toxic wine, setting her glass aside, not wanting to fill her glass as of yet. Quite honestly, she was half tempted to just swing it from the bottle, but was reserving that for later moments when she truly didn't feel like pouring yet another glass.

((Couldn't think of anything for her to ask him. D: ))

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Full Of Envy

3,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:22 pm
Buttercream Belle

Buttercream Belle

Adoven Dawntraker

"True enough." Adoven said as he removed his cloak, it was to hot inhere for it, and no one ells was in the room.he adjusted the color of his robe a bit, the black standing out against his pale skin." So, what dose bring you here?" He asked, leaning back his movements held a sense of grace to them, the were not meek or shy, or powerful or over confident, there were in the middle, silver eyes shivted to the window, noticing hoe dark it really was out side, with hat he dug into his satchel, looking for that blue vile of foul tasting liquid.

Upon finding it, he pulled it out, swishing it around a bit before pouring it into his wine, string it slightly with his pinkie.

And i am a painful truth

((Its alright~ i tihnk i might hav ejust given them something to talk about :3))

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:37 pm
Full Of Envy
User Image

Perounelle watched his movements with little interest, seeing him pour some type of liquid into his wine. Medicine, she assumed, thought for the life of her, she didn't understand why Adoven would need medicine. As a cynical answer, the scar on her back twinged, causing Perounelle's breath to hitch in her throat. She cleared it, wondering where the sudden pain came from, and shuffled slightly, reminding herself to have a servant check her back the next morning to check if anything had happened.

She pondered the question for a moment and then said, "I like Umbra and Lunaria. They're very mellow here...It's almost, calming, in a way. I will also admit that wandering the streets at night helps clear my mind. What about you, besides the fact you live across the street?"

Perounelle leaned her head on her hand, staring at Adoven blankly, taking in his sharp eyes and hair for the first time, surprisingly.

(( I'll come up with a question eventually....))

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Full Of Envy

3,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 12:47 pm
Buttercream Belle

Adoven Dawntraker

He shifted a bit, thinking about this a she took a sip of his wine, making a face, god, that stuff ruins anything." I suppose its a nice place to unwind after a long day...i just got back from a job you see." He said, his poster becoming less ridged, relaxing a bit more in v's presence." it dont' go for the best mind you...but the job description did say dead or alive." He added, though, he couldn't helped but feel shame of him self, ashamed that he felt nothing twordes the girl he slaughtered, he should feel guilt, he should be guilty...but he wasn't...for he was the heartless man after all.

And i am a painful truth

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:00 pm
Full Of Envy
User Image

"Do you even enjoy what you do, Adoven?" Perounelle asked immediately after he had finished speaking, staring into those silver eyes, almost unnerving how her eyes held nothing but....just, tranquility. She didn't judge him for his job, neither did she feel remorse. Her eyes were completely un-accusing. Perounelle simply couldn't help but ask, her voice calm, cool, and soft as she asked him that question.

She had always wondered how he felt about what he did. It was obviously he killed people for bounty, but....Why? She had always wondered. It was obvious he was rather cunning and sly, but he had to be powerful. Why not work for the people of his kingdom? Why not.....Ugh. Perounelle didn't even know what to say. It wasn't as if she diapproved of what he did, but she didn't understood why one would do it when they were so capable of anything else.

Of course, she also didn't want to get too involved in Adoven's life, because not only would that be rude and nosy, but Perounelle understood more than anything else that everyone did things for a reason. And she knew that it was a definite possibility that Adoven did what he did not for self satisfaction, not because he had to, but for some reason, whatever it may be, because of something in his life that caused him to do such things. She, in reality, wanted more for Adoven, despite knowing him little. Unnecessary bloodshed, though popular, was often unnecessary, and it was something Perounelle hated as much as lies.

Subtle Antiquity
Captain

Dangerous Gaian

Full Of Envy

3,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Trader 100
PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2013 1:27 pm
Buttercream Belle

Buttercream Belle

Adoven Dawntraker

Adoven sat there for a moment, choosing his words wisely,before he spoke."I..am inderferant.." He said looking down at his Hands."I do not hate...nor do i like what i do.." He said, his tone was smooth, calm, though, there was a bit, just a bit, of shame to it, but not for the reasons Perounelle might think."I am the best at my job, for i do not feel." He stayed, sipping his wine."Because i can not feel, killing is an easy task..." He trailed off a bit at that sharp eyes moving up to meet her."Iv done a lot of stupid things in my time... i'm trapped bye the stupidest of them all, stuck in a web of lies and death that i will never be able to untangle my self from, all because of a stupid decisions." He said his eyes hardening as he spoke." I'm bound by my word to do things that i would not wish onto any one...but, i do not feel...there is a small shame, because i do not feel,the things i wouldn't wish onto any one..mean nothing..i simply know its bad and the normal person wouldn't do it.." He said, his eyes moving from hers to the table."..So, i'm indifferent." and with that his eyes when back to the cold silver they were moments ago, no trace of harshness and anger in them, they were vacant.

And i am a painful truth

The Kingdoms of Lunaria & Umbra

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff