Submit

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:00 pm
There's been a lot of sad stuff going on, and sometimes it's hard to think of the good things when that happens. So here's a thing you can do to cheer yourself up whenever you feel down, even if it's just a little.

Directions:
-Reply to the topic and write a minimum of 3 things that make you happy

Rules:
-Stay positive
-Do this as many times as you like
-You can absolutely write more than 3 things
-Do not judge others  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 12:01 pm
Things that make me happy:

Cute baby animals
Metal music
Drawing and writing  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

MadamedeLaValliere

Dedicated Seeker

18,250 Points
  • Master Converter 500
  • Stellar Lieutenant 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:17 pm
Only three things? wink

Spending time with family and playing with my dog Pepper heart
Listening to my vinyl collection (my fav is early 80's techno)
Watching Star Trek (Next Generation and Voyager) whee  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 27, 2016 8:54 pm
MadamedeLaValliere
Only three things? wink

Spending time with family and playing with my dog Pepper heart
Listening to my vinyl collection (my fav is early 80's techno)
Watching Star Trek (Next Generation and Voyager) whee

STAR TREK IS AMAZING!!! biggrin biggrin biggrin

Also, you are allowed to do more than 3 things! It's just a minimum number. I'll rephrase what I said in the directions.  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

CooperXTR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:00 am
well i like
life
not being dead
being alive  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:25 am
CooperXTR
well i like
life
not being dead
being alive

That's always a good thing! biggrin Kudos to you!!  

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75

CooperXTR

PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:46 am
Paladin Magnus of BF
CooperXTR
well i like
life
not being dead
being alive

That's always a good thing! biggrin Kudos to you!!

As long as I don't find shia labeouf in the woods I can continue living  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 3:59 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF

Cute baby animals
Metal music
Drawing and writing

Oh look a metalhead give me some suggestions  

Angstbucket Edgelord

Shadowy Phantom

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:14 pm
A Diadem of Dead Stars
Paladin Magnus of BF

Cute baby animals
Metal music
Drawing and writing

Oh look a metalhead give me some suggestions

Awesome!! biggrin I love meeting other metalheads! I mainly listen to power metal, but also some viking metal.

If you want cheesy music:
GloryHammer (<Power Quest
Twilight Force

If you want non-cheesy music:
Blind Guardian
DragonForce
Van Canto
Rhapsody of Fire
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody
Turisas
TYR
Ensiferum
Hidevolk
Sabaton
Nightwish  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 4:31 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF
Awesome!! biggrin I love meeting other metalheads! I mainly listen to power metal, but also some viking metal.

Twilight Force

Blind Guardian
DragonForce
Van Canto
Rhapsody of Fire
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody
Turisas
TYR
Ensiferum
Hidevolk
Sabaton
Nightwish

Damn, I know most of these. They're all pretty cheesy imho but my whole shtick is doom, gloom, death, sorrow and melancholy. Dragonforce for one is super cheesy and has always been, but I do appreciate some of the older tracks. Symphony of the Night was brilliant and Three Hammers just catchy as ********, but I cannot give Herman and Sam any credit for what they did with BABYMETAL. Ugh.

Van Canto is aight. I do like their whole geekery theme.

Both Rhapsodies are wonderful and the accents are too ******** endearing.

Turisas and Ensiferum are both aight, but not something I'd listen to too often. Even within the realm of folk metal I tend to gravitate more towards the blackened end.

Good old Tyr. Love Valkyrja. Debated getting the "Kiss My Scandinavian a**" bikini bottom, but I'm not Scandinavian and I hate the beach. So there's that.

Sabaton I'm meh about. Might have been influenced by two metalhead friends who absolutely HATE them, but wasn't too keen to begin with.

Nightwish's latest wasn't the best. I feel like Tuomas is still trying things out with EFMB, so hopefully the next release really shows off Floor's capabilities. I do listen to a lot of Once and Imaginaerum when I can't find anything else, though.

I'm into a lot of atmospheric blackgaze/ dsbm / post-black stuff lately, but I usually love things with doomy or folky influences. Haven't really explored melodeath too much, but I know I love the subgenre. There are some sick shows hitting my area this September, so I can't wait.

Edit:: by Viking metal, I assume you meant folk in general, as I don't see any Falkenbach/Bathory/Celtic Frost (all three of which, btw, I do recommend)

Angstbucket Edgelord

Shadowy Phantom

Paladin Magnus Dawnguard

Vampiric Paladin

16,125 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Charging Power 75
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 6:50 pm
A Diadem of Dead Stars
Paladin Magnus of BF

Twilight Force

Blind Guardian
DragonForce
Van Canto
Rhapsody of Fire
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody
Turisas
TYR
Ensiferum
Hidevolk
Sabaton
Nightwish

Damn, I know most of these. They're all pretty cheesy imho but my whole shtick is doom, gloom, death, sorrow and melancholy. Dragonforce for one is super cheesy and has always been, but I do appreciate some of the older tracks. Symphony of the Night was brilliant and Three Hammers just catchy as ********, but I cannot give Herman and Sam any credit for what they did with BABYMETAL. Ugh.

Turisas and Ensiferum are both aight, but not something I'd listen to too often. Even within the realm of folk metal I tend to gravitate more towards the blackened end.

Good old Tyr. Love Valkyrja. Debated getting the "Kiss My Scandinavian a**" bikini bottom, but I'm not Scandinavian and I hate the beach. So there's that.

Sabaton I'm meh about. Might have been influenced by two metalhead friends who absolutely HATE them, but wasn't too keen to begin with.

Nightwish's latest wasn't the best. I feel like Tuomas is still trying things out with EFMB, so hopefully the next release really shows off Floor's capabilities. I do listen to a lot of Once and Imaginaerum when I can't find anything else, though.

I'm into a lot of atmospheric blackgaze/ dsbm / post-black stuff lately, but I usually love things with doomy or folky influences. Haven't really explored melodeath too much, but I know I love the subgenre. There are some sick shows hitting my area this September, so I can't wait.

Edit:: by Viking metal, I assume you meant folk in general, as I don't see any Falkenbach/Bathory/Celtic Frost (all three of which, btw, I do recommend)

Whoops! Sorry about that lol sweatdrop

I try to avoid the more depressing genres of metal since they make me sad, but I absolutely understand why people enjoy them. The lyrics are usually well-written and powerful, and the songs are often beautiful in an unexplainable way. Granted, a lot of power metal is sometimes extremely dark (especially if you read into the world lore the bands have made), but I love power metal since it's usually really upbeat and written in happier tones.

And I do listen to a lot of folk metal as well, but viking metal (in my opinion at least) is metal containing a typical Swedish folk music sound that tells the history and legends of the Nordic era and Norse mythology.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:01 pm
Paladin Magnus of BF

Whoops! Sorry about that lol sweatdrop

I try to avoid the more depressing genres of metal since they make me sad, but I absolutely understand why people enjoy them. The lyrics are usually well-written and powerful, and the songs are often beautiful in an unexplainable way. Granted, a lot of power metal is sometimes extremely dark (especially if you read into the world lore the bands have made), but I love power metal since it's usually really upbeat and written in happier tones.

And I do listen to a lot of folk metal as well, but viking metal (in my opinion at least) is metal containing a typical Swedish folk music sound that tells the history and legends of the Nordic era and Norse mythology.

Yeah, a lot of people get that confused. If we're going with your description, anything genre-wise from power to folk to death to black could fall within that range, so it's a little confusing. Officially though, it's has stylistic origins in Nordic folk and black metal.

I don't know if the tour is hitting your area, but there's one upcoming for North America with Sonata Arctica headlining, Omnium Gatherum and Leaves Eyes support. It's not coming to my state, and being as its during the semester, I can't travel for it - but you should, if you're so inclined. SA and LE sound like they're up your alley, Omnium Gatherum is melodic death, but their latest albums have all been very very upbeat and borderline symphonic.

Angstbucket Edgelord

Shadowy Phantom

JadeRabbitEmperor

High-functioning Garbage

19,525 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Married 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:16 pm
Things that make me smile heart
Pokemon
Role Playing
Ice cold Coka-Cola
My kids / wife  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 28, 2016 7:18 pm
Ello, everyone!

Hmm.. Things that make me happy..

1. My three corgis heart
2. Cosplaying and going to conventions
3. Listening to music
4. Singing is fun :3
5. Watching Lord of The Rings
6. Playing video games! biggrin

Letharya

Romantic Vampire

CooperXTR

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 12:36 am
A Diadem of Dead Stars
Paladin Magnus of BF

Twilight Force

Blind Guardian
DragonForce
Van Canto
Rhapsody of Fire
Luca Turilli's Rhapsody
Turisas
TYR
Ensiferum
Hidevolk
Sabaton
Nightwish

Well then,you can try harmonic/melodic metal...they aren't as pumped up as power metal but they are still epic...also try listening to song made by deathklok,they parody so much metal and still sound amazing.
Metal has a lot of sub-genres now,only a few month ago I found out cyber metal was a thing...not really my style but still.
Also if you don't get why some say power metal is super cheesy just watch this,explains it all
but its mostly the lyrics other than that powermetal is awesome.  
♛ Kingdom of Bright-Field ♛

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff