[ Message temporarily off-line ]  

NowhereManXP

Starcloud

5,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 10:42 pm
If you go by the movies, however, she simply mourns Garma's death and we never hear from her again.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 12:13 am
Starcloud
If you go by the movies, however, she simply mourns Garma's death and we never hear from her again.
So what's canon? Does she die or not? Does anyone have screen caps of her death? Falling to her death must have been a doozy... confused  

Colonel Lady Une

NewtypeS3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:34 am
Well, the MSG movies are pretty much the most official version of events out there from what I can tell.
The way I've taken it is thus:

1) The movies are always right.
2) Whatever isn't shown in the movies happens offscreen and is covered by the TV show.
3) Is the TV show contradicts the movies, ignore that part of the TV show (For example, though the Gyan still exists, M'Quve never fought against the Gundam at Texas Colony).  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 4:06 pm

i felt so sad after seeing the couple die one after another, but the movie was good.

angel__tear

Melodious Giver

Colonel Lady Une

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:06 am
angel__tear

i felt so sad after seeing the couple die one after another, but the movie was good.
Garma + Icelina was one of my favorite pairings though I did like Char + Lalah, Char + Nanai, Amuro + Sayla and Quess + Hathaway. Of course we all know how those ended. Lalah died, Char died, Nanai was never heard from again, Amuro and Sayla don't hook up, Quess dies...

I heard Bright kills off Hathaway in a manga but I also heard of an alternate ending to CCA where Quess lives. I thinks that's Gundam Evolve...

I guess the creator loves tragic romance. Any other examples you guys can cite?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:10 am
NewtypeS3
Well, the MSG movies are pretty much the most official version of events out there from what I can tell.

2) Whatever isn't shown in the movies happens offscreen and is covered by the TV show.
3) Is the TV show contradicts the movies, ignore that part of the TV show (For example, though the Gyan still exists, M'Quve never fought against the Gundam at Texas Colony).

I dunno if I can buy that theory though.. because the Zeta movies change quite a bit, and these are recent changes to a story that has been solid canon for 20 years. The biggest thing is by far Four's death long before Kilimanjaro because it has a major effect on Kamille how and when the event happened. What would you say is canon in this case?  

ChibiDuo

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:42 am
Dude, the law of Gundam stipulates always believe the newest information on the subject.
However, if Four DID die early, I don't think Camille would have become as serious about piloting, and would probably have fallen short of beating Scirocco, meaning most of ZZ would not have happened.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 08, 2006 12:49 am
Colonel Lady Une
angel__tear

Garma + Icelina was one of my favorite pairings though I did like Char + Lalah, Char + Nanai, Amuro + Sayla and Quess + Hathaway. Of course we all know how those ended. Lalah died, Char died, Nanai was never heard from again, Amuro and Sayla don't hook up, Quess dies...

I heard Bright kills off Hathaway in a manga but I also heard of an alternate ending to CCA where Quess lives. I thinks that's Gundam Evolve...

I guess the creator loves tragic romance. Any other examples you guys can cite?

Well, the thing you're thinking of is Hathaway's Flash, the sequel novel to the CCA novel Beltochika's Children. Spoilers are in white.

In it, the Earth Federation makes Hathaway a hero for killing Quess (one of the biggest changes from CCA's novel version to movie version) - and Hathaway joins MAFTY, an Anti-Earth organization, under an assumed name.
Hathaway is a Newtype in the novel, but Quess keeps on messing with hi abilities fron beyond the grave, apparently.
In any case, in the final battle, Hathaway's NT abilities cop out one last time, and he's captured by the Earth Federation.
Bright is swamped by paperwork, and doesn't notice the execution orders for his son slipped in there - especially because Hathaway's assumed name was there instead of his Birth Name.
Hathaway is executed, and Bright eventually finds out. He resigns in disgust and opens up a resteraunt later on.

In any case, the only couple from Early UC Gundam (MSG-CCA) that really doesn't end in ruins is Bright and Mirai's relationship - though Judau and Roux is a close second.

ChibiDuo
NewtypeS3

I dunno if I can buy that theory though.. because the Zeta movies change quite a bit, and these are recent changes to a story that has been solid canon for 20 years. The biggest thing is by far Four's death long before Kilimanjaro because it has a major effect on Kamille how and when the event happened. What would you say is canon in this case?

I never mentioned the Zeta movies, though.
With the Zeta movies, I think we can assume that... until we get a ZZ or CCA remake... that the Zeta Movies are their own continuity spinoff of MSG - much like how Hathaway's Flash and Gaia Gear are in their own reality off of CCA.

Oh, and....
I don't think Four's death changed anything at all - in fact, I preferred her new death, because it seemed more fitting than Four going psychotic for no good reason. But that's me.  

NewtypeS3

Tezencatli

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:00 am
Well. Actually. The movies aren't considered more official. That's just a myth. Neither is really considered more official then the other. Atleast thats what I heard from Mark Simmons.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:34 pm
To me the movies are more of a directors cut, they seem to be a more refined version of the shows. I consider both movies and the TV shows to both be "the real deal".  

hi_nu_gundam8135

NewtypeS3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 11:24 pm
Chavelo
Well. Actually. The movies aren't considered more official. That's just a myth. Neither is really considered more official then the other. Atleast thats what I heard from Mark Simmons.

The way I interpreted that, though, was that he was just trying to get people to shut up about the Zeta Movies 'ruining everything.'
Of course, I could be wrong.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 11:34 pm
Do Fraw Bow and Hayoto make it as a couple? And isn't there a Gundam Evolve short where Quess lives because Tomino wanted a happy CCA ending?  

Colonel Lady Une

Tezencatli

PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 10:34 am
Hayato and Fraw bow do make it as a couple, they have a baby, adopt the kids of the White Base. But passed ZZ I don't know what happens to them.

As for Quess, don't know. >.>;  
Gundam

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces