Reply .:Titan's Tower:.
The Comic Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

bobshots

PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:35 pm
Well as a fan of the comic I figured I'd start a thread about it. Here you can see information about the current issues of Teen Titans and Teen Titans Go! as well as chat about any comic titans related things you want to. I will update the info for the new issues evry month and may post a review or two once I get the issue and tell my thoughts. (Though it will usually be the Sunday after it comes out since that is the day I visit my comic shop. )

This Month:
TEEN TITANS #31
Written by Geoff Johns
Art and cover by Tony S. Daniel & Marlo Alquiza
Unexpected allies rise from the dead to help the Titans overthrow Brother Blood's reign of terror!
On sale Dec 21 o 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US

TEEN TITANS GO #26
Written by J. Torres
Art by Mike Norton & Lary Stucker
Cover by Sean Galloway
Lights...Camera....Action! Beast Boy is bit by the acting bug and goes to Tinseltown to make a movie just as the HIVE 5 show up in Jump City to cause trouble for the Titans. How will the others fare when it's four against five?
On sale Dec 28 o 32 pg, FC, $2.25 US

OUTSIDERS #31
Written by Judd Winick
Art by Matthew Clark & Art Thibert
Cover by Daniel Acuña
An INFINITE CRISIS tie-in! Donna Troy drafts Starfire and Shift for a top-flight team headed into space to confront a crisis in the cosmos. But even they aren't prepared for what confronts them on the way there!
On sale December 7 o 32 pg, FC, $2.50 US  
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2005 7:37 pm
To start off the discussion, Is anyone else dismayed by the fact that Liefeld will be drawing the Titans in August? I'll be missing those issues...  

bobshots

virgogrl
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:01 am
I always look foreward to seeing new drawing styles, I admit to even liking american anime comic books so to speak. But I don't really like Liefeld drawing style, it's a bit...um....*gesticulates in the air*...i can't explain xd blaugh  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:27 am
I seriously HATE it when they change artists in the middle of a multi-part series. You get used to the characters being portrayed in one way and then they switch things on you. It really rubs me the wrong way.  

Serene

bobshots

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:42 pm
Serene
I seriously HATE it when they change artists in the middle of a multi-part series. You get used to the characters being portrayed in one way and then they switch things on you. It really rubs me the wrong way.
He's not taking over till August and is only doing a little two part story with Gail Simone.
@virgogirl: It's ok you can say it. He SUCKS. He has no sense of proportion or a concept of human anatomy. 90% of his "drawings" are copied from some where else. He sucks plain and simple.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 6:46 pm
Also just for those unfamiliar with the badness that is Liefeld here's a link with a look at some of the horrors to come from Liefeld pencils. Notice Cyborg's inexplicable Hunchback and Kid Flash's stretchy arms and love for touching cybernetic man-bits. stressed  

bobshots

Auria Tetsukai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 10:50 am
bobshots
Also just for those unfamiliar with the badness that is Liefeld here's a link with a look at some of the horrors to come from Liefeld pencils. Notice Cyborg's inexplicable Hunchback and Kid Flash's stretchy arms and love for touching cybernetic man-bits. stressed

I dunno....All comic artists draw the same to me..... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 1:49 pm
Yay! Finally a guild 3nodding

I haven't ever seen any of the new comics, but I go to this comic book store for X-Men Evolution ones, and I see some Teen Titans ones there, but I've never bothered to buy one surprised  

LeRaven

bobshots

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:39 pm
Well I definitely reccomend picking the series up. You can get the first two trade paperbacks for about 10 bucks each and this month starts off a new story arc that crosses over with the Outsiders . 3nodding  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:40 am
were do you get them? just at any commic/hobbie store?  

Sconey

bobshots

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 11:53 am
Interfear55
were do you get them? just at any commic/hobbie store?
pretty much, places like Barnes & Nobles or Waldenbooks should have the tradepaperbacks and possibly the single issues as well depending on where you go...  
PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 2:01 pm
Ok, I'm not sure who Liefield is. Can you give me some titles of his work? Maybe I know him....but I will be missing Mike! crying
Wait..*feels dumb* you put a link...haha....well, it dosen't look *so* bad, but maybe I need to see him in action. 3nodding

I'm sooo excied about the whole Slade/Batman thing, evern though that's slightly out of the comic....and did anyone else notice the lookSuper Boy gave "Batgirl"? Remember the cruise thing awhile back? OOOOh yeah. I wonder if that's going to play in much?

And Donna's coming back!! SQUEEEE!!! whee whee 4laugh 4laugh

EDIT: you know what? I just took a good, long look at Liefield's pictures....and he's BAD. oh, so BAD. xp I mean, wtf??? Everything so...weird! and....messed up!!! I mean, NO ONE has that many mucles, ok?? stressed  

Rhea_Avani

bobshots

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2005 3:03 pm
Just as an idea of the crappiness you can expect from Liefeld here's a Captain America pic he's done...
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
And no that's not a fake... crying  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 7:48 pm
eek oh my god.....*shields eyes*

*runs away, blinded* and my BB will look like this?????? gonk gonk gonk NNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO...........  

Rhea_Avani

Serene

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2005 2:41 pm
The only thing Liefeld has going for him in that Capt. America pic is the colorist. If you took away the awesome rendering you would have what looks like a picture made by a 6 year old....no offense to the 6 year olds out there.  
.:Titan's Tower:.

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff