Submit

Do you like gold?!
  Yes. ^.^
  No! >.<
  Where is the poll whore option? T_T
View Results

Exiled Revolutionary

PostPosted: Tue Aug 15, 2006 9:39 pm
Does anyone have any recommendations for an alternative to shaving that is (relatively) painless? And easy to do? The reason I ask, is shaving my legs is a pain, and I am too lazy to change my razor head. Can you also give info about the product? Both negative and positive things. Such as, is it true Nair smells awful,a dn can burn if left on for too long? What about Veet?

Also, please do not say waxing. I have heard the screams of pain from someone who was getting his legs waxed... >.>

So, discuss:
Good shaving alternatives.
Bad shaving alternatives.
Do you have any advice for me?
Waxing. >.<

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 2:55 pm
Well it's really up too you. I've tried almost every method, except for waxing. So here's a list on the Pro's and Con's I've seen about these products.

Shick Intuition.

Pro's:
One Step shaving process
Portable
No need for Creams and stuff
Con's:
The 'Solids' that you have to use run out quick.
They are expensave too
Lazy people (Like me) leave one head on for a long time, and they can start to get rusty or grungy. xp
If you have sensitive skin, you may need more moisture when shaving than the soild provide's. Thus, making your leg's dry and chafey.

Veet.

- I personally prefure Veet over Nair.

Pro's:
Quick and Easy
The bladeless tool help's alot
It only burns the hair above your skin off, and it doesnt iritate you pores as much as Nair.
You can use it in the shower, other than taking another time to shave.
Con's:
Depending on the kind you get, it can run into alot of money.
Some people use too much, and only get 2 shave's out of a can.
Doesnt smell the greatest
Can be oiley.

Nair.

Pro's:
Can be quick, a little easyer than Veet
No need for other tool's
Get's the root of the hair so your leg's stay smoother for longer.
Con's:
It opens your poor's more, so if you use soap or go swimming in the ocean. It burns like hell.
Your leg's have to be dry to use it, so you can use it before your shower. Although, they say not to use any soaps or shampoo's.
It smells REALLY bad.

Waxing.

Pro's:
Leaves your skin softer, the longest.
Very Quick xd
Con's:
Hurt's
Money

Post Back.
Hope I helped.

-Thrill

Thrill-A-Night
Captain

Exiled Revolutionary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:18 pm
Okay, that helps a lot. Thanks! Also, for Nair, how long afterwards do your legs typically stay irritated?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 7:51 pm
shadow-lioness
Okay, that helps a lot. Thanks! Also, for Nair, how long afterwards do your legs typically stay irritated?

Umm... I'm not sure. I would at-least wait a good 12 hours or so. It realy depends.  

Thrill-A-Night
Captain

Exiled Revolutionary

PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 10:16 pm
Thrill-A-Night
shadow-lioness

Umm... I'm not sure. I would at-least wait a good 12 hours or so. It realy depends.

Alright. Thank you for the advice!  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 7:43 pm
idk ethier way i hurt my self! supid legs! >.< i alwat get cut with my razor!  

carrieXchaos
Crew

kinky - glitch

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 7:36 pm
i would say veet i does not smell that bad...  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:04 am
or nair  

kinky - glitch

DeadlySpork

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 6:18 pm
I used Veet before. It's not as good as I had hoped. I did that test thing to see if it would irritate my skin, which it didn't. Then I tried again. Still nothing. Okay, safe to use? Not really. And it smells funny. No, not as bad as Nair, but still funny. I have thin, blond hair, so I kept the stuff on for five minutes, which ended up not being long enough. It burned my legs a little, so I quit using it for a while. I tried later and kept it on for the full eight. Ouch. All it seemed to do was open up my pores so they are visible and red. It didn't dissolve all of the hairs (it got most, but there were still some left). It hurt for about a day, then healed. I shaved off the few remaining hairs and, I mus say, my legs have never been so smooth. Am I trying that again? Maybe. There's still some stuff left in the can. I'll have to check to see if it's expired, first...  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 29, 2006 3:56 pm
Nair? It smells like crap, but it works well.  

Wilixer

Just Girls

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff