Reply The Industrial Guild
Have many here are the only rivetheads in their area? Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Glenwood82

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 5:09 pm
I know industrial isn't exactly mainstream, but you'd think that you'd find at least one! Well, I guess it isn't surprising, since I live in the middle of nowhere. But, anyone here have the same situtation? Oh yeah, and if you're not, Masonites and NINies don't count.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:54 pm
Seeing as I just moved less than a week ago, I really have no idea what sort of people are in my area. They all look like sort of mainstreamers, though.  

UraniumMonk

Soviet Reunion

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 9:30 am
Wow you too, huh? I thought I was the only lonely one here. I am THE only rivet in my city. It is the most boring city in existance... We have NiNies and a couple mansonites but they're just access soylent green to make people styreotype me. oh, yeah and my city in infested with retarded chavs! If we replaced everyone of those stupid chavs with rivet my town would be assimilated as the industrial paradice. It would be hell on a stick for anyone in the mainstream world!

...haha, "Hell on a stick"...nice  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:49 am
are our scene is fairly small...but good enough for one club and sometimes good bands do come if we send them enough letters heart  

Vulnerose

Glenwood82

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:23 pm
some random rivethead...
Wow you too, huh? I thought I was the only lonely one here. I am THE only rivet in my city. It is the most boring city in existance... We have NiNies and a couple mansonites but they're just access soylent green to make people styreotype me. oh, yeah and my city in infested with retarded chavs! If we replaced everyone of those stupid chavs with rivet my town would be assimilated as the industrial paradice. It would be hell on a stick for anyone in the mainstream world!

...haha, "Hell on a stick"...nice

Man, you have it worse! At my school, I tried to 'spread the virus' of KMFDM among my friends; I was offering them to borrow my small collection of their work. They wouldn't even try them! And all cause I told them there was a little screaming on it...pussies. I know a NiNie personally; she's great as far as friends go, but I don't like Trent Reznor and his little project, so she wonders what's wrong with me (I wonder what's wrong with her!). I plan to invite her to a party I'm planning; my industrial music collection blaring out the boom box; maybe some will convert, but most will think I'm crazy. Oh yeah, and Mindless Self Indulgence fans drive me fscking nuts; I don't know why, they just do. Most of my friends haven't heard of anything that's NOT on the radio. *calms down* But, at least I have a cool mom who likes my music. I got her hooked on Rammstein (their rivet-ness debatable, but still k0r3) and KMFDM; we plan on seeing the latter in concert this October. Oh yeah, and to xstigmatax that's wonderful; you're lucky.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 1:59 pm
well thnx very much, I just wish more bands would come...I guess I just have to wait and see. I wish I lived in a really big city like london or new york...toronto....hmm I could go there it's less far away. Although living here we have limited options for clothing shopping....expensive and or the internet or make your own. I'm to lazy to do any of it most of the time mrgreen But I do have a pair of new rock boots 3nodding  

Vulnerose

dagrossman
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 2:05 pm
its not to hard to find rivit heads down in miami but there arent many thats for sure.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2006 3:14 pm
dagrossman
its not to hard to find rivit heads down in miami but there arent many thats for sure.
OH HELL! I'm going to be visiting miami ALOT more! Thanks for the info, Maybe I'll move there if I can't get a home in Aachen, Germany. Thar be hope! Say... What about the rest of Florida, are they somewhat rivet-inhabited?  

Soviet Reunion

La Veuve Zin

Rainbow Smoker

5,650 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2006 8:04 am
I saw Meat Beat Manifesto in Buffalo not too long ago and there were quite a few people there. I had to miss Pig crying but I should be able to see KMFDM with Combichrist in October. There seems to be a pretty decent sized contingent here.

I need to go out more...maybe actually meet some fellow rivety people....  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 7:28 am
Rivet heads...I thought that was the same thing as a Metalhead....Metal is not industrial.  

+J a c k+

Clovencense

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 11:42 am
i'm not a "rivethead" and even i know the difference between that and a metal head. i hate it when people label themselves anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 2:53 pm
some random rivethead...
dagrossman
OH HELL! I'm going to be visiting miami ALOT more! Thanks for the info, Maybe I'll move there if I can't get a home in Aachen, Germany. Thar be hope! Say... What about the rest of Florida, are they somewhat rivet-inhabited?

south florida has some rivit heads but centeral florida has more. Miami has one club that dedicates its saterdays to industrial and another that does both goth and industrial one day of the week.  

dagrossman
Crew

Tommuel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 8:51 am
I'm the only guy who listens to noise music. However I know a kinda rivet guy. Meh, he's OK I guess.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 10:07 am
Actually, yes!
My only friend that lives anywhere near me is Rivet!

User Image

There's him in all his bad a** O RLY?!-ness.
(I know... my photoshop work SUCKS! but I did that in about 2 minutes)  

Keeper of the Seven Keys

5,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Befriended 100
  • First step to fame 200

Arbour

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 1:54 pm

I live in the Bible Belt. There is nobody in my school of 1,100 that knows what industrial even is, let alone listens to it. I know A Mansonite, who THINKS that's industrial, but I don't really assosiate with her so she doesn't count.

I don't even try to get my metalhead friends to listen to industrial. They wouldn't understand, and, franky, I don't really want it to spread around my school and be corrupted. (I live in a trend town.)

The Industrial Guild

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff