Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

eclestimon

PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:47 pm
'January 16

Dear Meyara,

I just moved from Aleruo to Loraia a few days ago. It's so different...the fresh air, glittering beaches. It is completely different from Aleruo...It looks so wonderful from pictures...

But something about the wind seems bittersweet. The way it brushes my skin is so odd...and the taste whenever I take in a deep breath...It tastes like...something I can't remember.

Something from a dream, something from something. It's just not a good taste. It's familiar though, however odd for it to be in somewhere new.

I sincerely miss you, and hope that you come to visit soon.

Your brother,
Beoran.'

It was the first of two letters. The first one sent chills down Meyara Imoe's spine, but the second letter from Beoran Imoe sent an electrical impulse through her whole body.

'April 27

Meyara help!

I know what that bitter taste is! It's rotting flesh! Meyara, the townsfolk are crazy here!!! Everyone is suddenly getting up and heading over to the sanctuary past the eastern mountain summit! I mean, it's only one by one, but the numbers here are dwindling!

Their eyes fade into a cloudy grey, and as if they were posessed, or led there by the hand start walking off. People have followed, only two returned. One died days later, the other is with us and is too afraid to reveal any more information than he already has.

There are only a few of us left now. Orael Gednu, the librarian; Roursaa Ieagy, the baker; Penelope Dalei, the apothecary owner; and I. We are in hiding in the library, afraid to go out.

I barely mustered the courage to run to the nearest postal office and deliver this letter. You've got to help us! Orael is doing research on what lies in the sanctuary, though she managed to only find that a woman born of strange conditions was born there. When you arrive, we will explain more to you.

Please, come help us! Roursaa cannot make bread out of thin air, and Penelope's supplies are running short. My sister, you are our only contact to the outside world, and the spirit seeking flesh will only come for more bodies again!

I beg of you come,
Beoran

With these two letters, Meyara and her trusted friend Liea Krailon left Aleruo and headed to Loraia, hoping to find Beoran and his few companions still alive.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 21, 2006 7:48 pm
~Rules~
1 ) Follow the Gaia ToS
2 ) PM me as to which character you want to play
3 ) Pre-mades only as it interferes with the plot
4 ) Title the PM 'Eastern Fire' so I know you read the rules
5 ) Romance is okay, but not so much that in messes with the plot
6 ) Stay in character
7 ) Stay in the RP, please!!
8 ) The only magic can be used by the villain, so none for you!
9 ) Be smart, use each character's abilities to their advantage! Don't give them new ones!
10) For the sake of ease, I'll play Orael since she knows the most about the sanctuary from her research
11) The rules and profiles can change and be edited at any moment...by me
12) Have fun!

~Pre-mades~

-Heroes-

Meyara Imoe
Gaian name:
Appearance: User Image
Bio: As a young girl, Meyara always dreamed of adventure. She loved the ides of being one of the heroes in those great shows on TV. Because of this childish dream, Meyara began to learn how to fight, mastering Judo and Jujitsu. She also learned how to use a naginata through her own self discipline. She and Liea have been friend ever since they met in a Judo class when they were seven.
Personality: Meyara is headstrong, and accomplishes anything she sets before her. She cares for her family and friends more than anything in the world, only showing her softer, motherly side to them.
Weapon: Naginata

Beoran Imoe
Gaian name:
Appearance: User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Bio: Beoran was an indoors person, unlike his younger sister. Though Beoran would rather have stayed inside, his sister’s constant begging caused Beoran to give in and learn a weapon style with her. Because of this, Beoran can use a sai to his advantage. Beoran gets along well with Orael, who he befriends when he moves to Loraia. Beoran spends most of his days in the library,
Personality: Beoran is a jubilant person, and a bit compliant due to his headstrong sister’s ‘molding’. He knows his limits, and will not excede them. Beoran is also quite intellectual, and he loves nothing more than to delve into a book and learn everything it has to hold.
Weapon: Sai

Orael Gednu
Gaian name: eclestimon
Appearance:User Image
Bio: Orael was born in Loraia. In Loraia’s library to be exact. This may have been why she had such a strong love for books. Eventually, Orael had read every book in Loraia by the time she was seventeen, and had become the librarian since the old one had mysteriously disappeared . Orael was the first to notice when people started disappearing four years later. The elderly, unnoticed people at first. Then they were all gone, and the numbers began to dwindle. Orael has been researching the sanctuary (only in books) in the east ever since she noticed the disappearances. Since then, she has also been training with a halberd in case she needed it. She is Roursaa’s childhood friend.
Personality: Orael is reserved and laid-back, never worrying too much over a problem unless need be.
Weapon: Halberd

Roursaa Ieagy
Gaian name:
Bio: Roursaa was, like Orael, a native to Loraia. The two are best friends, but Roursaa dropped out of school when he was sixteen. His grandparents were the previous owners of the bakery, and Roursaa’s caretakers but they had disappeared so Roursaa took over the bakery. Like Orael, he began to train with weapons, and uses dual kamas. He spent much of school failing anyway, and only stayed because Orael had no friends other than him, really. Roursaa was the second person who had gone to the sanctuary, his brother was the other person who went and died.
Personality: Gentle and softspoken, Roursaa always has a kind word to put into any situation. He has an ethereal aura about him and people tend to be calmer around him.
Weapon: Kama

Penelope Dalei
Gaian Name:
Bio: Penelope moved to Loraia when she was fifteen, all by herself. She lived self-sufficiently, even though she wasn’t very book smart. However, Penelope knows everything about living on the streets, and charming (or conning) anyone out of their money to obtain an object. Penelope started her business as an apothecary and made it boom, as it was the only one in the quaint town of Loraia. When people started disappearing, she began to lose business, which got her worried. Having lived on the streets when younger roughened Penelope and she learned how to use a switchblade from the other homeless people on the streets.
Personality: Penelope is bubbling and charming. She is extremely optimistic but even more realistic. Penelope loves money more than people, and will not hesitate to sell someone out for a good sum of money.
Weapon: Switchblade.

Liea Krailon
Gaian name: RolandTheWicked
Bio: Liea was born in Aleruo where he was influenced by his parents, Judo masters themselves, to take up the fighting style. There he met Meyara and became the best of friends. They have been inseparable ever since. Liea has a wide knowledge about people and how they would naturally react to things. As a waiter, he tends to hear about many things, and the disappearing people in Loraia happened to be one of the subjects, which gave him more of a motif to go with Meyara there to see her brother.
Personality: Dedicated, and willing to do anything for that sweet adrenaline rush.
Weapon: Judo fighting style

-Villains-

Aryon Yetjur
Gaian Name: Lady Peach
Bio: Aryon was born a few hundred years ago, where the eastern sanctuary now lies. She was a strange child, and could do strange things. People who made fun of her, not believing in her abilities tended to…suffer. They and their descendants were the people who would suffer the most. Aryon spent much of her time in the eastern mountains, enjoying the solitude. Aryon had the ability to toy with one’s mind, creating horrible illusions for those who hurt her. In the end, a group of five people managed to bring her down through a method even more horrible than Aryon’s ability itself. Aryon swore that their descendants would suffer the most, remaining until the end. When Aryon was finally killed, the five tied her body to a post where the wild animals would destroy the corpse, and to make sure she wouldn’t come back and kill everyone, the sanctuary was built. They placed a seal over the sanctuary, to keep evil spirits from getting out. But seals wear over time, and a few centuries can easily break a seal.
Personality: Before Aryon died, she was a quiet girl, but determined. She didn’t allow anyone to make fun of her, and brought those people down. After death, Aryon became vengeful, and waited for the time that the seal on her sanctuary would be broken.
Weapon: Mind control

Joreil Ieagy
Gaian Name:
Bio: Joreil is not Roursaa’s biological brother, he was found as a child in the forests near Aryon’s sanctuary. He was Aryon’s subject since he was born, and is Aryon’s only living follower. Joreil lived in Loraia only to seek which people were the descendants of Aryon’s murderers. Though as he lived amongst humans, Joreil grew a soft spot for Roursaa. This may have been his only weakness, but Joreil went back to Aryon after Beoran came to Loraia, recognizing him as one of the descendants. He gave up his heart at that moment and Aryon turned his spirit dark. Joreil now only wants to kill all the descendants, sparing Beoran as he left the library only so he could send word to his sister and the final descendant to come to Loraia.
Personality: Serious and a tad sarcastic, Joreil is a hard-hearted man. He only cared for Roursaa before his soul was turned dark, and now wants to kill the young man himself.
Weapon: Dagger

Nelre Yetjur
Gaian Name: Dark-shoes23
Bio: Nelre was Aryon’s mother, but when Aryon was killed, Nelre’s husband killed her. Like Aryon, Nelre had a magical prowess, which involved the control over ice. She had a spirit familiar, an ice dragon which caused horrible winters in Loraia. Nelre, unlike her daughter, was able to hide her abilities since Loraia’s winters only became unbearable when snowstorms hit, which Nelre would make even worse. Nelre loves her daughter more than anything in the world and is prepared to destroy her soul before anyone else destroys Aryon’s. Because Aryon’s powers were obvious to everyone, Nelre’s husband, and Aryon’s father, realized that if Aryon didn’t get the ability from him, it must have been from Nelre. After he helped kill Aryon, he killed Nelre to make sure that the magic stopped there.
Personality: Nelre is loving and devoted, and her mothering is reserved only for family. In other words, only Aryon.
Weapon: Her spirit familiar, Iruzel

Sonreln Yetjur
Gaian Name:
Bio: Sonreln was Aryon’s father, and Nelre’s husband. Sonreln had no idea that he also had magic running through his blood, which was passed onto his descendants. Yet when Sonreln died (Of hypothermia caused by a vengeful ice dragon) , his soul was summoned to the eastern sanctuary. In exchange for spending his afterlife in eternal suffering, Sonreln became one of Aryon’s followers. In death, Sonreln obtained the usage of his abilities and discovered he had control over the wind. Before he died, however, Sonreln had a son with no magic ability, who’s descendant became Penelope Dalei.
Personality: Sonreln is willing to do anything to get ahead, or to not suffer.
Weapon: A switchblade imbued with wind magic  

eclestimon

eclestimon

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 11:09 am
Orael sat at the counter of the library, watching as the already few people that visited her dwindle down even more. Beoran was somewhere else, arranging stacks of books. Orael watching him with a soft smile, but shook her head.

He was getting himself into trouble, moving to Loraia. And he came at the worst time possible. People were disappearing, and Orael was trying to find out why. Her best friend went with his older brother to the eastern sanctuary where the people dissappeared, but only he came back alive. His brother had been captured by two spirits, according to Roursaa, but he was too afraid to tell any more...

"I wish we could find out what was going on..." Orael sighed, lying her head on the desk.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 5:56 am
Aryon stood on the top of the eastern sanctuary gates. The seal on her grave was almost broken. The only thing limiting her out was the ground in front of the gates.

"Aryon Yetjur's the name..."

She smirked at the many standing below the gates, crowded. They were being controlled. She opened her mouth and spoke to the mere marionettes. "This clan...must be destroyed." With one wave of her hand, they began attacking each other, making them have strange illusions. It was an unimaginable sight, but Aryon was already used to it.

From above, she had waited her revenge that is yet but to fulfill. One had scampered away, but it didn't really matter.  

Lady Peach

RolandTheWicked

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:23 pm
Liea waited in hiding on a low house roof top. He had arrived here in Loraia a few days ago to save meyara's brother and possibly others. He knew that Meyara wanted to help her brother bad, but he didnt think it was enough for her to go on ahead without him, or so he hoped. He took a moment to think of what might of happened and came down to that conclusion. She couldnt have gotten kidnapped... he was always alert and nothing had happened. "She probably figured that I could handle myself...." He said calmly. He was on his back staring at the sky untill he heard someone running and then a door open and close. He quickly jumped up and looked towards the sound. It was in the direction of the library. He took a quick look around, and then at the bare street below him that led to the library. He chuckled to himself. "Yeah right... what you take me for?" He sat back down on the roof top, knowing that he could be ambushed on his mad dash there. "I'll wait till night fall, where im harder to see. Just hope the door isn't locked."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 4:00 pm
Orael looked around, wondering where that Beoran was in the first place. He probably wasn't around. Sighing, Orael stood up and looked out the door. Opening it, just enough so the door wasn't going past the enchantment to keep spirits out, she looked at the area and shook her head.

"There's no one here..."  

eclestimon

RolandTheWicked

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 5:39 pm
Liea once again heard the door open, but it wasnt very wide. "Well it's better than nothing." He quickly jumed from the roof, doing a roll as he landed and bolted towards the library as fast as he could. He didnt bother looking back to see if anything was after him. He was starting to think that nothing was actuall here, because he hadnt seen anything yet, that also could be the problem, no one was there. All he knew was library= safety. "Hold the door."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:12 pm
Orael looked up and gasped at the sight of another person -alive nonetheless- in the doorway.

"...Who are you?" she asked quietly, looking outside with a frightened expression, and hastily yanked the stranger inside.  

eclestimon

RolandTheWicked

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 4:52 pm
Liea bent over to catch his breath from his sudden sprint with no time for a warm up exercise. "...not doing that again...." After he was done he straightened up. "Im Liea Krailon... one of Meyara's friends. I came here with her on this so called rescue mission." He took a quick glance around. "She kinda ditched me though, and I was hoping that she wasa in here."  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:14 pm
Orael nodded, understanding.

"Meyara...Beoran mentioned her. Isn't she his sister?" she asked. "No matter. Beoran is elsewhere in the library, as are Penelope and Roursaa. Either way, you and Meyara are here...this is good news...I hope." Orael sighed.  

eclestimon

RolandTheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:47 am
"...Uh yeah. Just think of us as reinforcements." He the two black gloves off his hands and tucked them halfway into his pocket. His knuckles were red as well as bruised. "I heard things have been bad here... care to explain?" He said taking another look around.  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:18 pm
Orael sighed, looking at the library.

"We're...hiding from some spirits. Sounds freaky and stupid, but they've been posessing people, then killing them. Read the text."  

eclestimon

RolandTheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:23 pm
He sighed... not really wanting to but did anyways seeing as it was neccessary. After taking a few minutes to scan the text only searching for things that were important he grinned. "Well, it looks as if there will be a few fights going on, maybe this will prove to be fun." He looked at Orael. "uh... I dont think I got your name?"  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:29 pm
"I'm Orael Gednu. And yeah...that's why my best friend Roursaa and I have been training with our weapons. Orael pulled out a halberd, and clicked a small button on the side as the handle shot out.

"We noticed the people disappearing..."  

eclestimon

RolandTheWicked

PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 7:02 pm
His jaw almost dropped at the sight of the halberd and an unpleasent image came to mind. "That's pretty scary... but I guess appearances aren't everything..." His head jerked to the right but only a little as if he had heard something. Slowly he pulled out his black gloves and slipped them on. They were each cut off at the second knuckle and were firmly fitted around his hands. "Do... you no what happened to the people when they disappeared?"  
Forsaken Destiny

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff