Reply Philosophy Threads
Home, what is it?

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DragonRiderHP

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:53 pm
Home. To me Home is/are the places that I feel comfortable being me. I've lived in my apartment for a year now, and while it feels like home at times I am most at home in my friend Sharon's place. I can be completly comfortable there, with no pretenses or shields or masks. I have no fears there and no worries about what others may do, say or think there. It is a place many of my friends gather at and discuss our ideas and thoughts and emotions. To me that is Home.

What are your ideas of home? what makes a home? Where are you most "at home"?

Edit: thank you for moving this post. As soon as I posted it I saw the subcat, and wished I had seen it ealier.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:03 am
DragonRiderHP
Home. To me Home is/are the places that I feel comfortable being me. I've lived in my apartment for a year now, and while it feels like home at times I am most at home in my friend Sharon's place. I can be completly comfortable there, with no pretenses or shields or masks. I have no fears there and no worries about what others may do, say or think there. It is a place many of my friends gather at and discuss our ideas and thoughts and emotions. To me that is Home.

What are your ideas of home? what makes a home? Where are you most "at home"?

Edit: thank you for moving this post. As soon as I posted it I saw the subcat, and wished I had seen it ealier.

Home as you said is the place where you feel most comfortable. Home doesn't have to be a house, just some place where you can do what you want and have no regrets. It's just that simple.  

chaos_messenger5863

Aki Yasu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:44 am
For me home is any of the above where I'm happy. There are plenty of places that I'm comfortable that I still wouldn't describe as home, including my house.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2007 10:14 am
Home is where you drop all the masks that you place on your face when you enter, it can be inside outside or nowhere, it doesn't exist for somepeople.  

Deaths Krow

27x
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2007 12:41 pm
Home is a place, where there is a place to sleap, eat, release waste, and preferably a place to enjoy yourself, that you are emmotionally and physically attatched to.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:35 pm
Physically attached? Like a shell?

Home for me has become a very undefined term. I like to use the little quote "Home is where the Navy sends us."
The longest I have ever lived in one place is three years, so I'm pretty used to packing up and moving my home. In fact, I like to think of it as an advantage. I can make a "home" just about anywhere. On the other hand, I miss out on the whole permanent home thing. Also, I don't have any 'childhood friends' but as long as you've got good chums, that's what matters right?  

Prestigious K

MegaTherion777

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:36 pm
All7
Home is where you drop all the masks that you place on your face when you enter, it can be inside outside or nowhere, it doesn't exist for somepeople.

yeah, this.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:52 am
Home, it is not necessarily a place but a state of mind. It is a state of mind where one can become truly himself and can truly feel himself as a person. It is where the group cohesiveness of a family is at its peak. It is a place of spiritual growth and nourishment of existence.

Loneliness is emptiness and emptiness can be absence of home. That loneliness exists everywhere in this world. Poverty and famine is what home is not.

Home is where one can exist harmoniously in a state of inner peace despite the environment conflicts on going. When one is at a state of inner peace, one is at home with himself and home is necessary to establish an identity.  

Smartteaser192

1,200 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
Philosophy Threads

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items