Uniting the timelines - SIGN OF TURN-A

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 23, 2007 3:09 pm
Well, as we all know, Turn-A is meant to be the combination of ALL universes.
After Stargazer and Destiny, I can see it as being possible for this series to be the one to LINK to Turn-A.
For a second, let's ignore G-Gundam - the only real links to it are the shining finger and the healing/ butterfly caused by nanomachines. No robot references are drawn.

Now then, STARGAZER, without being related to Devil Gundam, has a nanomachine repair system - it never seems to use it in the animation, but it's stated as having one in technical resources.
Now, as we know, the Devil Gundam wasn't always Devil Gundam, and didn't always have it's DG Cell technology - it started off having a nanomachine repair system when it was "Ultimate Gundam", then slowly corrupted.
So by the same theory, and that nanomachines are now possible today, those machines could be modified (muchlike mirage colloid particles) to create a cell DESTROYING or Evolution system.

Also, we know that Destiny Gundam uses a Palma Fiocina to simulate a shining finger-esque attack... So this explains Turn-X's special weapon.

Onto the Moonlight Butterly.
Isn't it possible, from the uses we've seen in Destiny to use those nanomachines, the mirage colloid system, AND beam shapes to create a sort of "wings of light" that spread this foul destruction?
Could this be the plot of the movie or third TV series perhaps? Only time will tell...

It's technically possible, even without G-Gundam, to make Turn-A follow after the Cosmic Era timeline.

This means that we can choose to either keep G-Gundam seperately so that the real robot Gundam and the super robot Gundam are different, or tack G-Gundam onto the timeline elsewhere... Up to you.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2007 5:27 pm
I thought the Ultimate Gundam's nanomachine technology was corrupted b/c Kougi, while escaping from Ulube, crash landed onto Earth, and the system went haywired... or maybe that was one of the SRW story lines... sigh, I might need to watch G again... Which I sorta don't want to...

Stargazer had nanomachines? Since when? I thought Solar Sail technology were some kind of particle matter, like Mirage Colloide, not nanomachine...

And the Palma Fiocina attack is a zero point laser beam attack... It's not like the shining finger/god finger in G, where the whole hand turns into some destruction machine...

Destiny's wings, in what I have read in wiki and MAHQ (of course, I could have misread), is all mirage colloide propulsion, and nothing more.. At least the image effect is explained by the Mirage Colloide... it's like the F91 mirror image effect, where the "steam" of F91 creates some kind of particle effect and thus creates mirror images. It really unsure that the Wings of Light in Destiny can cut through material like the V2 AB's, but then again, Shin is an idiot, I would not think he would go that far...

I have never seen (only played through G-Gen) Turn A, and honestly, I really have no idea how you can tie in Turn A story line into any of the Gs. I mean, humans have been fighting for centuries (true), and to stop it (I guess) they destroyed every aspect of modern weaponry, and resolted to go back to the early 1900 technology of biplanes and blimps? wtf? And then a mysterious race of people from the moon? I can see if the moon race are time travelers, trying to stop a ever great war from spreading, so they wanted to go to the past and change it (resulting in more war, which is ironic). Which would then make Turn A be the first out of any of the gundam series... but then again, I am not going to argue timeline...

Gundam is Gundam...
and we have to worry about how 00 is going to fit in...
from the outline I have read on the official site, there are three power split, one being Europe, one being Asia, and one being America. Something regarding solar energy, and something about still fighting. But yea... that is my input... probably not worth the time typing...  

Vivio1412

Ophiuchus
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 7:45 pm
Stargazer had nanomachines since its model kit. It's part of its self-repair program. If you can make a nanobot re-build something, you can make a nanobot un-build something too.

The finger reference works, because Turn-X's hand doesnt glow or need the "this hand of mine is burning red!" delceration to work, so it's VISUALLY the same thing as the palma.

And, as I said, Destiny's wings uses mirage colloid. As we know, these particles are also one of many use. They can make stealth, mobility, or beam-curving systems. Now, if you used MODIFIED nanomachines, dispersed under the cover of the mirage colloid, and couple them onto a fancy beam-shape system (for visual effect), that's a moonlight butterfly right there.

Although in G they were malfunctioning... Scientists today are experimenting with nanotechnology, and modifying them for specific purposes. My point was, seeing as Stargazer has an example of nanomachines working on a mobile suit scale, for CONSTRUCTION, it'd be easy enough to program some on a working scale for mobile suits designed for DESTRUCTION.

I wasn't saying it's TRUE, merely that the technology available in Cosmic Era has the -potential- if used wisely, to make a direct link.

It's superfluous seeing as the universal timeline theory has been widely discredited, but I feel it was worth pointing out that there are links in there.  
Gundam

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games