How Did You Get Into Deathrock? Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Mrs. Pink Eyes

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 8:54 pm
Pretty much what the title says.

I got into deathrock through a friend who wasn't goth, but loved AFI.
She knew I listened to some bands Davey Havoc liked, and so she asked me if I liked a band called 45 Grave. At the time I listened to pretty much your basic goth-rock stuff, but I listened to a little Christian Death too. So I decided to look them up for her and I ended up liking the band. One thing led to another and I began discovering more bands. Now I'm a total batcave fiend.

So yeah, this might sound weird, but I credit AFI for getting me into deathrock. pirate  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2007 6:52 am
I bought an Alien Sex Fiend tape in like 1987 because I thought the name was interesting and the cover art was kinda cool.  

Sinister Kung Fu

Cockroach Waltz

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:08 am
I probably got into deathrock through Siouxsie and the Banshees, who I was just getting into at the time.

Through Siouxsie I heard about Christian Death and checked out a lot of their stuff.

Which was like Gr. 7ish?

Then, I'd say the turning point was when I found out about Specimen and Alien Sex Fiend.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2007 10:42 am
I was downloading music [Diva Destruction] and there was this song that most diffenitely wasn't DD, but later on I found out it was Cinema Strange. So I started to download more of it and fell in love with the band [that was about 4 years ago]. From there on I started to download more bands of the same genre, I love it : )  

Strikdier

6,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Window Shopper 100

Lord Amythe

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 5:48 am
Probably about 5 years ago, when I realized that the Cure weren't always like they are now.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2007 8:46 am
Hey Pinky, remember Vincent? Yeah, blame him. xDDD

I mean, I was already into Siouxsie and Joy Division and the lot, but when I was 13 I stumbled upon either his or his mom's myspace, and that one video for Romeo's Distress was on it, and I fell in love with it.

I was already into Alien Sex Fiend at the time. I had always thought they were industrial up to that point. xD

A Kiss Goodbye

CosmicDeviance

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2007 9:05 pm
a connaissance on internet recommanded me some Cinema Strange. I fell in love with them...then..i was hanging on some gothic chatroom and someone told me a deathrock room existed, and that it was more interesting...so i've been there..and tought the mentality was way much better...and i started downloading some bands here and here...and ^^ yes...i made great discoveries  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 11:31 am
I cant really say just happened while I was listening to some old punk. I came across a few deathrock bands.  

Mortification

MyLittlePwny.!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2007 2:04 pm
Well, I saw this girl on a random community, and she had a picture of Cinema Strange on her profile, and I thought they looked.. well, interesting, so I downloaded a few songs and I really liked what I heard. And from that it just kept evolving. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2007 6:58 pm

I will cry out into the night,
and let my anguish die away.
I will thrust my agony aside,
to prepare for a new day.

Bauhaus>Specimen>Christian Death>other deathrock
User Image

In this moment my strength failed,
I was falling through the ground.
in the distance my soul wailed,
all my parts became unbound.

Questing for a Nitemare Scarf
Gaia Items Search for null  

Xhanatos

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 7:37 pm
Sex Gang Children was my gateway band into death rock whee

From them, I tried .45 Grave (which I still don't like that much), Cinema Strange, and others.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2007 10:58 pm
I'm a Cure/Joy Division/Siouxsie freak, so while discovering other bands like them I fell upon Alien Sex Fiend and Christian Death.
From that point on it was pure love.

THINK LONG AND HAARRRDD

Motor City Resurrection

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2007 2:42 pm
I was getting into the whole Misfits thing and I wanted to expand on it so I looked it up and tried some bands.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:26 am
A Kiss Goodbye
Hey Pinky, remember Vincent? Yeah, blame him. xDDD

I mean, I was already into Siouxsie and Joy Division and the lot, but when I was 13 I stumbled upon either his or his mom's myspace, and that one video for Romeo's Distress was on it, and I fell in love with it.

I was already into Alien Sex Fiend at the time. I had always thought they were industrial up to that point. xD

O.o Thats basically what happened to me, I saw the Romeo's Distress video on his myspace and started looking for more music by Christian Death and found a lot of other good bands while looking.  

Pein and Pleasure
Crew

Deathrock

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas