Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Survivalists ~A Zombie Horror RP~

Back to Guilds

The Zombie Apocalypse has happened... Are you a survivor? 

Tags: Zombie, Horror, Role-Play, Action, Undead 

Reply The Apocalypse
Q&A / Help! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Got a question?
  Heck yeah!
  Well... No.
  "At least I have chicken."
View Results

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:22 pm
Screep
NoLifeKing66

The bottom line is, anybody who has sex with a zombie doesn't deserve to live, anyway.

Exactly. Now why is this such a popular topic?

Just trying to get to the bottom of the matter. razz  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:41 pm
When I want to join a roleplay, do I need to send anybody a profile for it?  

Screep

awaqu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:45 pm
not that I know of. I just joined in, and followed it. People trust you to stick to it, and if they have their doubts, they can find it.  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:45 pm
no just post of profile in the profile thread  

Pinoy_Operation

awaqu

PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 1:47 pm
I Have Another Question On Zombies
I know Max stated that they don't need energy or crap to survive, but that goes against the laws of physics and stuff. Wouldn't the virus end up dying off if it was unable to get resources from its host?  
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:20 pm
well its obviously fictional but no its possible. The virus mutates the brain, possibly preventing its decay, and re-animates the body with a signal after it has been medically dead, a corpse doesn't need food or water to survive, so its essentially just a brain that can preserve its ability to function beyond death, whats your opinion on this Nolife?  

N for Notorious
Crew

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2010 11:40 pm
N for Notorious
well its obviously fictional but no its possible. The virus mutates the brain, possibly preventing its decay, and re-animates the body with a signal after it has been medically dead, a corpse doesn't need food or water to survive, so its essentially just a brain that can preserve its ability to function beyond death, whats your opinion on this Nolife?

A virus can't survive in dead tissue, so the idea of a zombie being a walking corpse (that is, a walking dead body) clashes with the idea of a zombie being created by a virus. If the zombie's body weren't entirely dead (save for the nervous system), it wouldn't sound quite so far-fetched. That being said, I think that the virus's ability to reanimate its host after death helps it to spread from host to host and thus ensures its own survival (in other words, it's an effective adaptation).  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 9:52 am
NoLifeKing66
N for Notorious

A virus can't survive in dead tissue, so the idea of a zombie being a walking corpse (that is, a walking dead body) clashes with the idea of a zombie being created by a virus. If the zombie's body weren't entirely dead (save for the nervous system), it wouldn't sound quite so far-fetched. That being said, I think that the virus's ability to reanimate its host after death helps it to spread from host to host and thus ensures its own survival (in other words, it's an effective adaptation).

but if the virus wasn't able to spread, it would die (i.e. the zombies that were frozen in the arctic, or the ones that were dropped in the trenches underwater)  

awaqu

xTx Monty xTx

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:14 pm
Q: where a good place to start r'p for the storyline
(seeing how i was enactive for so long i prolly lost myself to something)  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 12:34 pm
i would suggest you start in british columbia,russia and ontario are sying out and new york is dead  

Pinoy_Operation

N for Notorious
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:08 pm
awaqu
NoLifeKing66
N for Notorious

but if the virus wasn't able to spread, it would die (i.e. the zombies that were frozen in the arctic, or the ones that were dropped in the trenches underwater)

well Max brooks indicates those are both still cariers, but the idea is you don't have just those, but you also have urban, rural and etc zombies that are still alive  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:19 am
N for Notorious
awaqu
NoLifeKing66
N for Notorious

well Max brooks indicates those are both still cariers, but the idea is you don't have just those, but you also have urban, rural and etc zombies that are still alive

actaully to some point the virus is still gonna remain unknown. giving the knowledge of what they have on book to movie knowledge once a zombie all of it system are shutdown expect for the will to eat meat. zombie can go a long time without water and having to breathe. it only function it got are the ability to walk,crawl, and maybe squirm. (that if the both legs and arms have been detached) but if the virus has others way of spreading. humans arent the only way to spread a diease around. basically what could happen if a zombie where to go without eating is that one it starts losing weight any etc. it had start to slowly die off but the will to eat still stay alive  

xTx Monty xTx

NoLifeKing66

6,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:37 am
awaqu
NoLifeKing66
N for Notorious

If a zombie was frozen, it's possible that the virus would be frozen as well. Both could continue to exist in suspended animation until they thawed. I'm not so sure about the zombies at the bottom of the ocean.

That being said, the problem with Max Brook's zombies is that the virus only reanimates the brain. The rest of the body remains dead. Because viruses can't survive in dead tissue, the virus would quickly die off, drastically lowering the danger of infection. Max Brooks could have resolved this issue in one of two ways:

1) Zombies are not actually dead. The virus uses living cells to replicate, causing severe necrosis, making zombies appear to be "the walking dead".

2) Zombies die, but the virus reanimates their tissues.

In this situation, he is relying on the suspension of disbelief.

xTx Monty xTx
actaully to some point the virus is still gonna remain unknown. giving the knowledge of what they have on book to movie knowledge once a zombie all of it system are shutdown expect for the will to eat meat. zombie can go a long time without water and having to breathe. it only function it got are the ability to walk,crawl, and maybe squirm. (that if the both legs and arms have been detached) but if the virus has others way of spreading. humans arent the only way to spread a diease around. basically what could happen if a zombie where to go without eating is that one it starts losing weight any etc. it had start to slowly die off but the will to eat still stay alive

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but Max Brooks makes it very clear that zombies derive no nutrition from the flesh they consume. It simply sits undigested in their GI tract. Also, fluid-fluid transmission is indeed the only way to spread the infection. Max Brooks says that vectors of disease, such as insects, will avoid flesh infected with Solanum.  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:16 pm
xTx Monty xTx

I'm not sure what you're trying to say here, but Max Brooks makes it very clear that zombies derive no nutrition from the flesh they consume. It simply sits undigested in their GI tract. Also, fluid-fluid transmission is indeed the only way to spread the infection. Max Brooks says that vectors of disease, such as insects, will avoid flesh infected with Solanum.

im going from that if a zombie was infected that their body tissue and everything they had dies off slowly to where their just skin and bones walking in the ache of hunger.
insect on the other will still have their normal instinct but if infected they attack no matter what. that why animals like rat pick at the dead flesh and spread the diease into big cities by first attacking the homeless.

they should make a hobo zombie flick lol  

xTx Monty xTx

N for Notorious
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:42 am
checked my guide again, its micro-organisms that usually decompose flesh. Solanum causes those micro-organisms to for a longer period of time, either not touch it or never touch it at all, allowing it to survive for years on end while the very rare micr-organisms start to decompose it. A zombie has a between a 3-5 year lifetime on average, giving it 3-5 years to infect at the least.  
The Apocalypse

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff