Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply Gundam
what is the best gundam Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Tenryu

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:49 pm
Barsona
Gundamgirl861
Shenlong for its excellent ability to copy wufeis amartial artist movements and the fact that its pilot isn't all that bad looking either. smile

....in close range combat, wouldn't all the mobile fighter class gundams have a superior advantage? I mean, Sai Saishi (don't know if that's the english name, but certainly is the japanese one) is to my belief, a far better martial artist than Wu fei, and then there is Domon and God (or Burning...Curses American idiocy!) Gundam which annhilates everything it can reach....

for Mobile Fighters it really depends on the martial artist... so i say Master Asia in Master Gundam would be better in close range combat... if he weren't so old  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:37 am
Tenryu
Barsona
Gundamgirl861
Shenlong for its excellent ability to copy wufeis amartial artist movements and the fact that its pilot isn't all that bad looking either. smile

....in close range combat, wouldn't all the mobile fighter class gundams have a superior advantage? I mean, Sai Saishi (don't know if that's the english name, but certainly is the japanese one) is to my belief, a far better martial artist than Wu fei, and then there is Domon and God (or Burning...Curses American idiocy!) Gundam which annhilates everything it can reach....

for Mobile Fighters it really depends on the martial artist... so i say Master Asia in Master Gundam would be better in close range combat... if he weren't so old

even if he was old....Domon ******** him over....  

Vivio1412

Starcloud

5,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:20 pm
Before, I believe I said V2 Gundam was the best Gundam (if I didn't, shh!) but now I might have to say Strike Freedon either ties or surpasses the V2.

It's not on a restricted power supply, it's got the Beam Shield defenses, plenty of firepower, Phase-Shift armor, and remote weapons.

Victory's got a good UC equivalent for each of those except the remote weapons, so the Wings of Light would have to be able to match the DRAGOONs.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:01 pm
Technically, would it not be Turn-A? I mean, it was the last gundam.

But anyway, I still pull towards th Hi-Nu.  

DarthAlucard

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:51 pm
Starcloud
Before, I believe I said V2 Gundam was the best Gundam (if I didn't, shh!) but now I might have to say Strike Freedon either ties or surpasses the V2.

It's not on a restricted power supply, it's got the Beam Shield defenses, plenty of firepower, Phase-Shift armor, and remote weapons.

Victory's got a good UC equivalent for each of those except the remote weapons, so the Wings of Light would have to be able to match the DRAGOONs.
If you're going to say that, the Akatsuki, while apparently an old(?) design, seems to have magical antibeam system(coating?) that reflects beam shots to their point of origin regardless of angle of impact, enhanced DRAGOON which allows it to form defensive shields ala nu. Akatsuki also is on par in atmospheric combat, where dragoons are seemingly worthless, because it can mount a pack with a pair of plasma cannons instead of DRAGOON. I'm not certain if it's nuclear or not, as that's not brought up, but yeah...

Of course, Strike Freedom is superior because it has an aimbot(and reportedly one more DRAGOON), though, I suppose.

Also to note is that the mega beam cannon mounted on the V2 buster is capable of penetrating battleship beam shields on its own(not to mention that the V2 can pack VSBRs).
User Image
The V2 seems to me to be more flexible of a unit than Strike Freedom, which is seemingly a purely space superiority unit. The V2 can mount an insane array of beam and conventional weaponry and defensive systems, while the Strike Freedom seems to be tied to its(still significant) integrated weaponry. Also, the V2 doesn't need/use thrusters for movement, and can according to stats, pull 20Gs of acceleration. This would of course likely kill any occupants, but hey, that's what the stats say. V2 is also modular, if you damaged it, it could eject the damaged section(s), and request for replacements to be launched for it.

V2 can also be operated by haro. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:45 pm
Bah! Haro-piloting is nothing to get excited about.

I didn't know about Akatsuki's Super Magical Shiny Mirror Coating, so that's why I had considered Strike Freedom better.

I'd also forgotten that the V2-Buster's cannon had that kind of power, though I had taken V2-Buster and V2-Assault into account. Also, the seperation feature's handy if you have a support ship with spare Top and Bottom Fighters on hand along with the time the receive and dock with those fighters, but in a one-on-one, being modular isn't an advantage. (Unless you want to see a dozen spares at the Strike Freedom. rofl )  

Starcloud

5,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

Xeon Sempai
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:42 pm
Psh, didn't you see the old shoot your legs at your enemies trick?

And there WAS a point where the Victory was fighting with no top fighter for awhile.

In MS mode, I mean, if you can call it that(yay functional weapon hardpoints).  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 11:41 pm
Starcloud

I beg to differ. The enemies will surrender on the condition Haro isn't allowed access to the loudspeaker system.
Could you imagine, in battle... You just got beaten.. Mobile suit intimidatingly walks over to you, Puts a gun to the cockpit and... "HARO! HARO GENKI!"  

Ophiuchus
Captain

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 3:50 am
Ophiuchus
Starcloud

I beg to differ. The enemies will surrender on the condition Haro isn't allowed access to the loudspeaker system.
Could you imagine, in battle... You just got beaten.. Mobile suit intimidatingly walks over to you, Puts a gun to the cockpit and... "HARO! HARO GENKI!"

talk about ultimate humiliation...  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2005 1:04 pm
Xeon Sempai
And there WAS a point where the Victory was fighting with no top fighter for awhile.

I remember that part. It flew around shooting a couple of Beam Rifles mounted on its legs.

And I do not fear the Haro, for Gelgoog will protect me. talk2hand  

Starcloud

5,150 Points
  • The Perfect Setup 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Survivor 150

LaymanGaming

PostPosted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 1:48 am
destiny man  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 7:31 am
Hm..I like the Out Frame because it can use all the Striker, Wizard and Silhouette Packs. I like Testament to because of its pilot and Divine Striker. Nu Gundam is nice because of those funnels and Destiny Gundam is real pretty. And finally my 5th favorite is probably Hyperion Gundam just because its used by Canard XD.  

Hirosashi

SoundBlast

Witty Elocutionist

11,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tax Evader 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 3:43 am
Barsona
Ophiuchus
Starcloud

talk about ultimate humiliation...

Probably ... even worse then the normal *lost* fire that accidentally hits you.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:21 am
Lessee...

Favorite Gundam has to go to to the Astray Red Frame - sheer simplicity and Super Robot goodness crammed into a single unit.

But, since it's based on stats...

For the UC (which includes X for me), it's obviously the V2 Gundam - with Nu piloted by Amuro following.

For Wing, it's Wing Zero - if only because it was able to beat Epyon (pretty much an equal mecha) in a fair duel... though it's really at a disadvantage, because Zero was missing one of its weapons.

For G-Gundam, it's the Devil Gundam - even if the power of love does beat it down like a redheaded stepchild.

Seed, as much as I hate to say it, is a tie between the Destiny and S-Freedom. Both are excellently designed mecha - and I'd have to give the edge to Destiny on this one, because of the pilot and a little bit of personal bias... writer be damned.

As for overall, it's a tie between the Turns - discounting them because 'they're cheap' is no way to run anything. Life is cheap and unfair - look at Bernie, for one.

I mean, if a mecha has the ability to take apart machinery and other non-organic materials at (if I recall correctly) the molecular level, then it's obviously gonna win - with it's counterpart at a clost second, and the Devil Gundam at a distant third because of its own nanomachines.

In other words, the Turn-A and Turn-X, hands down.  

NewtypeS3

Vivio1412

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 8:31 pm
does anyone have a clue how strong the Advance of Zeta MS are?  
Gundam

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... 18 19 20 21 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff