Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T H I N N

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:12 pm
Laitue
Ashram: i know. Tis all 3D now. Even though the 2D was sooo much better. heart

I tend to agree D:

Memai>> ... ... Remind me never to make you mad. What a horrid affair!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:26 pm
Ashram: Though.. if you think about it the first Toy Story was actually good. Then everything went downhill.  

Xalome

Find_The_XdOGx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:44 pm
Darkish> That's... really scary. ;; Ergh... just so much effort put into it. @_@;; Poor Aido. ;;

Memai> xD Haha... yeah that's why I never took any sort of art class in school. >2>;;  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:54 pm
Laitue
Ashram: Though.. if you think about it the first Toy Story was actually good. Then everything went downhill.

I actually enjoyed Toy Story 2 more, probably because it was just whacky nonsense and fun. The Incredibles was just a fun film to watch too. 3nodding

Pixar does some good stuff, I just like my 2D animation. (its nice that Disney is bringing over Miyazaki goodness, but for the love of Pete, don't overprice it! scream )

T H I N N

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:00 pm
Monsters, Inc. was cute. Finding Nemo made me laugh so hard that I was "that a*****e" in the theater, particularly when Dorrie was speaking Whale. I think my friends were tempted to leave me there. xd

The English dubbed version of Spirited Away is the most painful, unnecessary, Americanized thing known to man. If any of you are Miyazaki fans, see the subbed version.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 6:22 pm
I honestly didn't think they could do a lot with fish and the realm of ocean ... but I was very pleased when Pixar proved me wrong. surprised

I watch any foreign film subbed ... unless in the company of people who whine about subtitles. xp

(if it ever comes down to watching a movie like "Run Lola Run" dubbed ... I simply won't surprised )

T H I N N

Xalome

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 8:47 pm
I loved Spirited Away. Horrah for seeing it subbed. Hence why as much as I love the Turner Classica movies channel I can't watch it Thursday. Because they show Miyazaki.. but it's dubbed and dubbedland is a scary place.

AD: I laughed so hard at Finding Nemo my friends were like.. gagging me with my coat. I'm seriously in love with Ellen D. because of that movie. *totally watches her show*

PostPosted: Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:12 pm
axel >> xd I thought it was a random stalker! But yesh! Thanks for the comments. My mom said she's gonna do something about her XD

Artists are sooo complex heart Remember that snippet I posted? About how artists (visually, musically, etc.) are by nature, perverts? They say if you marry an artist and he/she snogs another guy/girl, you have to tone the anger down because of their belief in their 'bohemian lifestyle' (<-- free love and such~)

AD >> If anything, I'll marry a geek. Geek = high paying job. Which means that I can leech off my husband without totally depending on art (I'm not good at anything else...except English~)

Ash >> It's a good idea to not even get me pissed off XD But yeah...my teacher can go jump off a cliff. I'd be cheering her on rofl

Seth >> Lucky you XD But...you know, if I went with the course I was originally meant for, I'll be addressed as "Memai the accountant".

2D vs 3D >> I think some things are better in 2D rather than in 3D. Disney has been making 2D animations for like...their whole life, so I guess the public sees 2D animation as their 'trademark'.

But say, Advent Children...it would be better off in 3D because it was originally released in (a very...horrible looking) 3D >w<;;

Others >> To all you children of the 80's...you'll love this webcomic: http://asifcomic.com

It's love!  

Memai-kins

axel

Angelic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 9:39 am
i always watch my stuff dubbed because i'm lazy and it frustrates me when i can't understand them. 6.___.;; even with subtitles it drives me nuts. i know how america bastardizes them when they get shipped over here...but maybe i'll try watching things subbed so i can at least have a better opinion. xDD

i love spirited away ;; xD

memai: go mom!!! <3 is there another teacher there whose class you can transfer into? or maybe private lessons? xDD

haha, now i have a valid excuse for being perverted. xDD "sorry, but i'm an artist! these things just happen!" heart heart

aydee: HAHA i can imagine that xDD i didn't see Finding Nemo for the longest time, but Dorrie and the whale dialogue was unarguably the best part xDDD  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 11:40 am
Laitue - DubbedLand makes my eyes and ears burn. Ugh. That and no one on this side of the globe seems to understand that voice acting is a real profession and not just something you can toss random actors into. (It doesn't help that I talk about voice acting and seiyuus and my former drama club friend rolls her eyes and says, "It isn't called voice acting." And then she gives me some ridiculous American term for it. And I want to throw her from a window.)

Memai - Whoa. Whoa. Did you just call FF7's amazing use of block hands "horrible"?! What the bloody, flying EFF?! Block hands/arms/bodies are fantastic. "Gave Sephiroth the Black Materia." "CLUNK" Come on. Amazing.

axel - Subbing takes awhile to get used to, I think. I think I first saw it in...NGE? Not sure. I prefer subbed now, though.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

axel

Angelic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 2:16 pm
Abandoned Dreams
Whoa. Whoa. Did you just call FF7's amazing use of block hands "horrible"?! What the bloody, flying EFF?! Block hands/arms/bodies are fantastic. "Gave Sephiroth the Black Materia." "CLUNK" Come on. Amazing.

holy s**t. xd xd xd sigged. heart  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 3:20 pm
Suh-weet. xd heart  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 5:26 pm
Hi all...

Just wanted to drop in and say 'hi!' It will take me awhile to catch up. I had over 800 emails in my home and business accounts to weed through. I just got my comp back from the shop this afternoon. It runs like a top. xd No racing stripes though... rolleyes

I will try to read up tomorrow morning. I have been gone for almost two weeks! It might take me that long to read everything. xd Glad to be back online though. Yay! heart  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:53 pm
To Whom it May Concern

Well gang ... My flight to Guangzhou, China is tomorrow. I'm set to go and ready to be there. If, in the event that I am unable to use Gaia while abroad, any of you wishes to keep in touch with me, please feel free to e-mail me at:

james.clemons@gmail.com

This isn't good-bye so much as I hope to talk with you soon! Until then ... Ashram is signing off. (later tonight ninja )

T H I N N

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:50 pm
Muse - I was wondering what had happened to you! xd 800 emails can certainly keep a person busy. I don't envy you!

Bah! Now I have an irrational desire to paint a racing stripe on my very, very stock Dell.

Ashram - Goodbye and good luck! Drop in and see us if you can get your hands on teh interweb!  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1035 1036 1037 1038 1039 1040 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games