Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T H I N N

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 5:23 am
Deuxia>> Hey there! Long time no see! Hope you're doing well. ^^

I am not used to all this rain. @__@ There's been about three straight days of coming and going rain, usually pretty constant too ... goes from sprinkling to pouring at the drop of a hat.

And it got really cold today. China weather is very strange.

And I missed Lang dropping in. Curses and what-not! confused

AD>> I'm still trying to get used to the kind of teaching they want me to do. There's really not much teaching ... just trying to get the students to TALK. xd

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 6:17 am
Laitue - There is no way you are a worse dancer than that...man. And I use the term loosely.

Koji - OMFGROFLCOPTERZORZ!!! *dies* xd heart

Darkish - Never mix things you love with things you have to do. xp

Ashram - Getting kids to talk is easy. You just have to leave the room. xd  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

oni cypress

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 7:56 am
laitue- rent is awsome, saw it in New York along with color purple, doubt, and spamalot. all of which are very good.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 10:03 am
those who have rain...

dance a little and send it my way. gonk it's a blistering 80 degrees here. T__T;

*crosses fingers for darkish* heart heart  

axel

Angelic Hunter

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 2:02 pm
Hey guys! I haven't left or abandoned G.A.S.O.C. I just got really busy lately. I also got a new tablet today. Whee! It's going to take me abit to get a handle on all of the ins and outs.

I have a charity art auction to finish/prepare for that's due next week and then I a commissioned piece to do. Thinks are really picking up. I'm really surprised, because generally after Christmas, everyone stops buying art for awhile. That doesn't seem to be the case this year. I just hope I can keep up with the demand. I hate the thoughts of creating a waiting list. blaugh sweatdrop Do you guys have problems with that? And if so, how do you deal with it. Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks so much.

Oh...if anyone ever wants to PM me, please feel free to do so. 3nodding I just didn't know if you'd post advice here or not. Thanks!

Hugs to all! Once this is done, I can come in for relaxation and laughs again. Yay! xd
heart heart heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:10 pm
*hugs muse* congrats on your new tablet!

GASOC is the best place for stuff like that. ;D can't get any awesomer advice than from the pros themselves~

as for my less-than-awesome advice, i hate waiting lists. xD it just makes workloads look less bearable, you've got your slots, and then more people waiting. i just feel bad making people wait longer, because i do that a -lot-.

really it kind of depends on how smoothly you run things. if you get your slots filled and get them out in a timely fashion, a couple of waitlist slots probably isn't a bad idea. for someone like me, who has some trouble getting things out of the way within a couple of weeks, waitlists are the bane of our existances.

i hope my rambling made sense. gonk heart

do you have a store up now? *wanna see* heart XD  

axel

Angelic Hunter

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:16 pm
Axksul~ Lmfao! xd
... xd xd xd heart

80 degrees? O.o Where ARE you? Even Cali isn't at 80 yet.

Laichoo~ The guy they always have on the game's sign scares me. He has like, Home Alone kid lips. xd

! *Castrates.* xD

Darkish~ It's been raining here too. 'cept today it was sunny AND rainy. @_@
Haha, I have a friend who lves driving on the freeway. I don't think I could, I'd be shifting lanes every five seconds. xD
Aw, lucky! Mines yellow. ): But I still love it. You can draw on mine! :'D
Roffle, ouch. xd

AD~ xd ! Rofflecopter. heart

Wamuh~ Ooh yey art! I should come back to my shop sometime. @_@;
I just kept a short 3 person list. My comissions never took more then a day, though. xD; Whatever you're comfortable with, though. I try to never have too many, just because I'm lazy and hate priorities. rofl  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:23 pm
axel - I would give ANYTHING for "blistering 80 degrees." There's 3 inches of snow on my front lawn. stare

Muse - Hiyo! whee Tablets are really annoying at first. My reaction to mine was something like, "Aw, crap! I bought something I can't USE!" xd

I was always against waiting lists because they intimidated me and made me feel depressed. It was nice to see the slots fill up with eager customers, but knowing that each slot just shortened my life span (so to speak) really weighed on me. Hence, AD is against waiting lists.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Xalome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 4:30 pm
AD: Oh believe it. I am a terrible, terrible dancer. :3

Koji: They all do. I have this theory that they all closed doors on their lips at a young age, so they permantely stick out.

gonk Don't castrate me!

axel: I hate you people and your warm weather. I am wearing gloves and a toque inside. It is blizzarding right now. There is a heavy storm warning in effect.

I have to bus to school tomorrow. Please kill me. ; ;

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 9:38 pm
...I'm so far behind, I'm not even going to try to catch up. I really have no excuse this time. Sure, I've been a little tired, a little busy, and working on things, but no definite excuse. sweatdrop

...I'm confused. gonk  

QAtheTenkou

Find_The_XdOGx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2006 11:56 pm
Muse> Ahh... waiting list, I've never really had to need to make one so I don't have much advice on that. >3>;;

I don't really like them, they're more useful to the commissioner, than the artist really. @-@;  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 11:54 am
i live in the sinkhole known as missouri. gonk i saw the weather today on the news, it's like everything AROUND me is cold, but noo, not the midwest. T___T

but there is supposed to be rain this weekend, so -somebody- danced xDD heart heart

*sends heat to everyone suffering from cold* xD  

axel

Angelic Hunter

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 3:59 pm
Laichoo~ Lawl, I'm all for your theory. xd
*Swipes feebly at air.*
gonk

Qiiuaye~ HEYA. :'D

Acksul~ Awww. D: I hope it doesn't get warm yet. I'm imbracing the cold weather, and the ability to wear hoodies. ; ; heart
Nuu, keep your heat to yo'self! D: I can't stand 70 degree weather. xD;;  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 4:04 pm
axel>> *Hugs* heart This is my very first tablet ever. Wish me luck. xd I don't have a store set up atm. I did plan on making one, but I wanted to wait until I get the tablet first so that I can do them faster. I was drawing with a mouse before. I have a profile in Spatuland under Nyo's Playground from the last time I did an event. I've got a free art place in another guild too. I need to make the transition from free to paid work. I like the advice posted in this guild on how to set up a store though. I guess I'm just a big chicken. My DA accounts are http://imwanderling.deviantart.com/ & http://mystical-muse.deviantart.com/ for my pre-tablet days. In real life, I have an art auction for next week, a painting for a wedding (which I may do on the new tablet instead) and a sculpture. Waiting lists... How do you say no..or rather...no more atm??? sweatdrop gonk I hate to let people down.

Chibi Koji>> A three person list sounds like the smart plan! It would only take me a few hours using a mouse. I'm hoping the tablet will make things faster. Good idea. Yay for laziness! Mind if I join you?

AD>>
OMG! I opened my tablet yesterday and watched the tutorials and tried not to lose consciousness doing it. When it was all over, I was like WTF? Does this come with a degree because it's gonna take me four years to learn it all. I just wanted to cry. I started playing with it yesterday and was doing an angel. It was my first tablet work. Oh heck, I'll show ya. It's going to be hidden away in my secret files never to see the light of day again except when I want to be reminded how much I learn over time. It really, really sucks! The eyes are wayyyy too far apart and she looks like an alien. I'm going to complete it tomorrow just so I can use it for practice and for reference though. I just won't upload it to DA or anywhere else someone may see it. It's going to take me awhile to get used to the feel of the grip pen.

I did the face first, so naturally the proportions were all messed up there. As I progressed through the piece, it started to look better, but the face still sucks. I just want to get the feel down first. 3nodding When I do get better with it, I'm going to be anti-waiting list to, I think. No...I know it! xd

Seth>> It's the constant PMs of "Are ya done yet?" that make me nuts. stare Where I'm doing free, that means it's coz I'm only being nice. Give me a break! I do have a life outside Gaia...I think. I think people forget that. It's very depressing, like AD says. sweatdrop I have to learn to be a bit more firm, I guess.

Thanks everyone for the anti-waiting list tips. I like the three person time slot without a time frame best. 3nodding I think I can live with that one.

Hugs all! heart

Oops! Almost forgot to show ya that piece of crap I'd been tinkering with as my first tablet failure. Woot! Do not click on the thumbnail if you have dail-up. It's huge and your computer may explode. It's unedited for size. If she had turned out, she would have been an RP character. gonk Oh well...We can't be perfect every time. And yes...the dress sucks butt too... xd You can see where I started to give up and get lazy...LOL!
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  

Wanderlings Muse

axel

Angelic Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Mar 01, 2006 5:43 pm
muse: xd aah...i remember when i first got mine, i had the settings wrong so that when i drew, the lines weren't consistent with the tablet. i probably put it away for like, 3 months before i dug it out again because i got so frustrated with it xDD

and your first try is lovely! with practice, that pen will feel so natural xD you will try to undo things with your pencil when you don't draw on the computer. xDDD

and it sounds like you've got a good plan for your shop...don't feel bad about telling people slots are full. if they really want your art, they'll stick around surprised artists have feelings and needs to attend to as well~ we're not all machines! wink

koji: gonk but i NEED to get rid of this heat! T 3T  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1051 1052 1053 1054 1055 1056 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games