Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 9:06 am
AyDee > Nevar!! I can't give up on it yet... it's still (mostly) functional!! You KNOW that means I have to keep it until it actually begins to melt.

... ... also, I'm not even going to ASK why you can equate Red Bull with 'electrified dog piss' ...

Kojikinz > Orly?? lolz At first, I read that as 'my booty' biggrin
Goes to show you...

Muse > I... don't think they're fragile? I've had mine for a few years now, so it's been through Langhell...

But you have an Intuos? I hear those ones last longer than Graphire (the kind I have)

As for what's wrong with mine, I don't know. It's selectively registering pressure sensitivity.
At first I thought it was the pen, but I stole borrowed a new pen, and there's still the same problem, but to a lesser extent...
My own pen needs to be stuck on the 'Left-click Lock' option + duct tape to function. biggrin ;;;  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:31 am
Lang>> I was going to buy the Graphire when a friend of mine told me to get the Intuos 3 because it did more things. The place I was going to buy it from just happened have the size of Intuos3 I wanted for only $100 more. If I bought it here at home, it would have cost me almost $200 more. The tablet I bought cost me the same as what I would have paid for a Graphire tablet locally. Tell me that makes sense. rolleyes I do love a bargain though. I can send you the website with the sale. I think they are still on.

So many buttons and functions on everything. A ten button tablet, a five button mouse and a two button pen??? The buttons! Oh Gawd the buttons! gonk Makes my head feel all 'splody. xd

I hope it lasts for years. 3nodding And like you, I too will resort to duct tape and spontaneous combustion before I buy another. I'd love to have the Cintiq. I don't know how many times I want to touch the screen with my pen. xp I'm sure I'll get used to it all some day. I hope... ninja And the Cintiq will only become affordable for me once it no longer exists and is replaced by a newer, three times as expensive model. rolleyes

QA>>
I found your font! Woot! If you want it, I can send it to you.

Here's the sample:User Image  

Wanderlings Muse

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 10:53 am
http://www.softmagic.ca/product.asp?pf_id=PTZ630

Here's the link to my new toy. It's a Canadian company though. Maybe you'll look to see how cheap it is and all rush to Canada to shop. xd All prices are in Canadian currency, eh?

I like the "kick back while you work part" because AD says Artist = Lazy... xd  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:57 am
Ugh, there's just ONE thing I hate about being a girl that makes me wish I was a guy instead. I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. crying

Ugh, the past few days was hectic.. so yeah.. I missed out on a lot.. D: Ugh, what with piano.. and getting ready for a recital that was SUPPOSED to be for today, but the teacher told me not to go because I wasn't ready. >.> Oh well, all the better for me!

And I've been gorging myself on Girl Scout Cookies. THIN MINTS AND SAMOAS!!!!! *heaven* *_*

Muse: Congrats on the tablet. I remember when I first got mine. x3 Took awhile to get used to.. and I'm still finding new things to play with. x3 I love how the tablet acts different in every program.. such as Photoshop.. painter.. or Opencanvas. x3 I have a graphire, a dang small one because a student like me can't afford over $100.

I've been trying to do entire CGs on the computer.. but I prefer doing lineart with pencil, going over that with ballpoint and that's it. x3 Scan!!! I've suceeded in a few entire CGs.. but it's too much of a hassle because of the lineart.

I hated waiting lists too.. because it's not actually a waiting list.. it's more of an extension of your actual list.. so it makes your work seem never ending. I had one before in my old shop.. what a mistake that was.

axel: I'd actually prefer the heat right now. I haven't worn anything but hoodies and long sleeves.. I miss my tank tops!!! crying Here, take the rain away! Drives me nuts when I slip in the mud. My school was built on TOP of swamp land.. so it just.. sucks in allll the water.

I actually have a rain dance though, with my friends. I'd do one for you.. but seeing as how my luck goes.. we might get more down here.

Koje: I've actually started driving at night now. It was frightening. I thought like.. EVERY car was stalking me! XDDD My dad was like.. "QUIT LOOKING BEHIND YOU!!!" Bahahahaa.
I think the thing you should draw on your yellow umbrella.. is a bumble bee. Sharpies man.

Lang: What do you mean by selectively registering pressure sensitivity? I think I know what you might be saying.. but I'm not sure. gonk Sometimes, when I use.. say photoshop.. sometimes there no pressure at all.. so it's completely bold strokes as if I were using a mouse. And I either have to restart the program or the whole damn computer. Is that what you mean?
Whatever it is, it's annoying as hell. DX I want to go up to a bigger size.. like.. 6x8, mine is currently 4x6 I think.

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 12:50 pm
Koji - Wha-? I am NOT, under any circumstances, performing a sex change operation on my car. stare

Muse - You probably shouldn't adopt my mantras. xd

Lang - When duct tape becomes involved, it's already over.

Very vivid imagination.

QA - I love www.1001freefonts.com You're probably familiar with it already, though.

Darkish - I hate most things about being a girl, but the one you mean is the worst.

THIN MINTS!! heart !!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 2:20 pm
Muse > Hah, that's what everyone says nowadays. "GET INTUOS OR PERISH!!"
It sounds like a good plan right now, but they're pretty expensive and I don't know how serious I am about using it/art/etc.
So it's potentially a big waste if I get too frustrated/busy to properly use it.
That's all that's stopping me from getting one, though.

Then again, I said that about getting a tablet in the first place, and it's 3 years later...

Lol I've never even seen a tablet with buttons. XD
As if you need any MORE options for the stupid things. Damn technology.

That's right. Fight the power! Use duct tape instead. <3
The Cintiq thing freaked me the hell out. I was looking at the Wacom site a while ago and just spazzing over it.
I can't imagine someone having a use for a piece of technology like that. @_@

Also, thanks for the site link. The prices being in CAD already saved me conversion time. *_*

DarkishStar > I feel your pain ;_;

Girl scout cookies <3

And I guess that's almost what I mean about 'selective pressure sensitivity'. Most of the time, it has none and I have to adjust the brush pressure in photoshop.
But then sometimes the pen decides to function semi-normally, and pressure sensitivity returns. -_- It's such an a**.

I haven't really found an issue with a 4x5 tablet. But I guess if you've never used a bigger tablet, you won't know the difference. -_-

AD > When duct tape becomes involved, the fun is just beginning.

... Your imagination scares me.

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

Wanderlings Muse

PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:33 pm
Oh Gawd, how I love this guild! heart It's always good for a laugh! Ya just never know what you're gonna read. xd

Darkish>> Thanks! I was excited to say the least. I've only been asking for one for ummm...three years... rolleyes And for your tablet, I love what you produce, so two thumbs way up for Graphire! Gee... I coulda saved some serious coinage. gonk I like my #2 (deja vu) and Sharpie too. LOL!

I share your love for mint Girl Scout Cookies. Sad thing is, they are only available in the fall here in the Canadian maritimes, and I wait with huge amounts of dollars for the little brats darlings to visit me. I share your pain as well... Sigh... I'm eagerly awaiting my crone years now so I can be done with such nonesense...

AD>> I shall chant your mind tools (mantras) and inscribe them upon stones as a form of devotion to all that is AD. xd

And I clicked on your sig, but need a user name and password... stare Why do you torment me so? gonk

Lang>> I think the words my friend used were..."Get an Intuos3 you cheap f*&%! You'll thank me for it later." I have yet to thank him though, but I'm hoping I will...otherwise it will be he who perishes. twisted Cheap f*&%, indeed! stare

And yes...many, many buttons... And all programmable by me. gonk WTF will I do with all these buttons? And then you go and tell me that each program does different things? Is there no end to the madness? To hell with the degree, I want the PhD after this! gonk

The Cintiq attracted me like all shiny new things do. I was a crow in a past life, I swear. I work irl as an artist, so that might be a sweet piece of machinery. I doubt now that I'll ever get one. After reading the tutorial for this thing, I just can't bear to read another. I have the attention span of a flash cube! rolleyes

Are you Canadian? Cool! Canada rules, eh? Sorta...  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 4:37 pm
Wamuh~ Quality inspected, but it was dissatisfactory. I refused to part from my duties till about the third time over. I was at a perfect 54 degree angle in my chair, and my form was superb. No one has yet to master my elbow-hoodie support system. xd

Scoobie Doo tried to tell me otherwise yesterday. x: And now that I think about it, the streets are unusually deserted around that time...I learn in GASOC. xD
Aw that lucky Ashram, getting to take legal naps. D: *Jealous.*

Lang~ F'sho. I'll find it and scan it, someday.~
Yes, I draw Langbootay all day long, and get full credit every time. 8D

Darke~ Roffle, driving at night looks like fun~ Especially in the summer. I liked sticking my self out the window. :'3
exclaim You're a genious! A bumble bee. :'D heart

AD~ Well, then the only solution I can think of isstart carrying car-sized tampons. I doubt you'll find them in the bathroom dispencer, though. x:
Not that I'd know what's in the girl's bathroom. ninja  

Chibi Koji

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Mar 03, 2006 11:26 pm
AD: That or child labor. I refuse to EVER have kids. They'd die on me anyways, I have zero patience. DX I refuse refuse!!!!!! I want to be.. the little old lady that lives at the end of the street, on the corner, who sits on the porch with her shotgun across her lap and a pitchfork next to me. If ever a soccer ball rolls into my yard, I shall impale it.

I'll be the crazy witch-lady down the street that all the kids are afraid of when I grows up. twisted

Lang: I feel your pain about the tablet. DX I wish it wouldn't do that! Except in my case, adjusting it manually does zero s**t for it, it just has zero pressure sensitivity when it decides to not work.

Yeah, the 4x5 works fine for me as well, but I've a little money reserved in case this thing ever dies completely on me, and I'd think it'd be nice to have a little more stroke room. x3

Museee: Well, I believe that my FIRST year of tablet work was completely wasted, I was too naive about my art, and frankly, to say it nicely, I sucked. A lot. And me, I thought I was soooo good at the time, and now those things make me want to cry. Dearly. You should look at this: http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d163/Ish-nim/picture post s**t/DarkishGrungecopy.jpg
BURN BABY BURRRRRRRRRRN!!!!
Argh, I wish those freaking cookies didn't cost so much, back then they used to be $3 a box.. US money, and that already was a rip off! NOW.. they're freaking $4!!!!! GAH. But I still couldn't resist. crying

Read the old-lady anecdote I left for AD, that's what I want to do when I'm an old krone with no pain. I'll laugh at the young girls and what awaits them. twisted

Kojekojee: It's even better in the rain, it sliiiiiiiiiides when you brake. rofl And my dad yelled at me when I started letting it slide to a stop on purpose. O_____O

---------------------------

I hate UPS truck-drivers with a passion. Said I refused their package.. when I didn't. They BLAMED me for the mistake. =___= That guy didn't even say who the FREAKING package was FOR when he rang the doorbell.. so how am I sure it's ours?! Why would I open the door by myself?! I was home alone. gonk I just said.. I THINK so.. and he just turned around and walked away. I screamed out the window "WE ORDERED A DSL UNIT KAY?!" lol But he ignored me. ;_; That idiot. =_= I've never dealt with one before. And it's got to happen the day I'm home by myself. XDDD I'm lucky.
I mean.. you hear about UPS hijackers all the time right? Or am I just paranoid?

Stupids. =_____= Oh how I hate people.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 12:56 am
Darkish~ The rain looks terrible! At night, you can't see the lines on the ground, the reflection from the street/stop lights make them dissapear. @_@;
If I was your dad, I'd keep you on a leash. xD

We have weekly shippments of things comming to our house. x_x So I got to know our old UPS man. Not too bad of a guy. xd
Umm...*Cough.*paaaaaranoid. rofl I wish I could be left alone. I haven't been home alone since last summer. gonk

Massages feel reeaaaally good. @__ _@;  

Chibi Koji

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 04, 2006 8:31 am
Lang - My imagination has ALWAYS scared you. Don't act as though this is a new phenomenon.

Koji - That... Ok. This conversation has lasted about three posts too long. xp Done now.

Darkish - I want to be that little old lady, too! xd With CATS!  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 7:23 am
I kept thinking there was no way to get to the guilds then I remembered there was. @.@ Someone's been dragging their derriere with this problem of not being able to get to guilds and buy stuff at the stores. Such is life.

AD>> Hero status from AD ... hmm ... *works Pulp Fiction quote into future lesson* whee

Koji>> Sargent "Lucky" Lucas will sure be glad to get a vote and a comment from you. whee

Lang>> D: Your tablet needs a lesson in manners. Maybe even a good spanking!

I have no comment towards the female "problem" and ... hmm ... nope, I got nothing. sad

My college is going to be inspected this week! (OH JOY!!11) This means that I might have people randomly show up in my class to observe. Not a problem for me really ... but having those extra adults in the class is really going to make the students more sheepish. Yay xp

Oh yes, and if any of you get the chance to do so ... watch Jet Li's new movie Fearless. I could use phrases like freakin' awsome or some such cliche, but honestly ... words fail.

T H I N N

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 2:38 pm
Ok, I was wondering why it's been so dead here. Am I really the only person who has GASOC bookmarked? o.O Sad. Well, sad for me, at any rate.

What the heck are the admins up to, anyway? Tch. Breakin' stuff all over the place.  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 6:08 pm
AD I don't know why it's beens in here lately. I myself have been sick for the past week and I knocked my knee out of place and it just started to bend again. Other than that I got a bit of overload in the class work department. But I'm back and I tried to catch up but kept getting lost.  

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006 8:20 pm
Akahoshi - heart ! Good to see you! I was beginning to worry!

Sorry to hear that you've been sick. How did you hurt your knee? Sounds rather unpleasant.  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1053 1054 1055 1056 1057 1058 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games