Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Azymyth

Interesting Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:22 pm
An art party does sound fun but as luck would have it, Sundays are my D&D days. From 5pm CST to around 12am... and usually work before hand. :/  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 4:48 pm
I'm currently putting off a four piece commission. Again. talk2hand

HOORAY an art party! :'D I'mma draw whoever's around. It's that much more enjoyable then drawing I HAVE to do. D:

AD~ Is it really THAT bad? xD; I just saw the episode with Kaworu in it.
...lmao. I honestly couldn't keep a straight face through the majority of it. xd ;;

Shirp~ *Knife lag.* xD;

Jennana~ I still wanna see it someday, if you ever get a camera. xDD  

Chibi Koji

jenna_chan2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:31 pm
Psh..putting off commissions is a way of life e____e; *doing the same thing now*

o: I'll participate in the art party if I actually get a chance to pop in here or what have you~ *fabric shopping for cosplay junk tomorrow*

Koji: XD; Its nearly fully healed now though D: but I"ll try and take a picture of it later tonight~

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 6:40 pm
Well, I'll definitely be here for the art party. I've been working on a sculpture irl. Commissions irl have to come before Gaia. How much does that suck??? sweatdrop I've got an extension for a week because she (my customer) decided to take a last minute trip to the Dominican, so she won't be around to pick it up. That means a free weekend for me. Yay! heart heart heart

How about an Easter theme? Or maybe an April Fools theme? Just thoughts... I'll need to change my clothes. This sounds like a lot of fun. It's my very first GASOCan Art Party. Woot! I'm really looking forward to it. 3nodding  

Wanderlings Muse

Nyome

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 7:23 pm
Eww, group commissions. Sounds scary, and I've never even done one. XD

awww, hope everyone has fun at the art party! ; ; *will be at school tutoring kids*

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 3:44 am
Iyou>> I absolutely LOVE the art you made for me! heart heart heart I really love the feel that only a #2 pencil can give being as it's my first love and I still love it. Thank you so much. My scanner is the same way, so I feel your pain. I think it looks great as is, so I don't see what it wrong with it at all. heart heart heart It's awesome! Thank you so much! heart heart heart

And what's really funny, we all think everyone is better than us. I thought mine wasn't as nice as yours, axel's or AD's. To me, you all have a more artistic feel than my blocky colour jobs. LOL! Funny how we're our own worst critics, isn't it? HUGS all! It was fun! 3nodding heart

I had to post it in here because the party is over now. crying The thread has been locked.  

Wanderlings Muse

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 5:02 pm
Jennana~ Haha, aw dang. xD:
Psh, I'm almost thinking of going on another one of my hiatuses from the R&C again. xD;; This life stuff just keeps interfering with my Gaian economy. :/

Wamuh~ Irl commishes? Howow, those sound kinda scary. >>;

I had to write this essay for my english class. It ws to be an uber-descriptive essay on an epiphany we've had. I wrote it all up, and felt really proud of it, got it reviewed by a few friends too. Then, I get to class, glowing at the 10 pages I had typed up, MLA and all. And then, the teacher busts out on a rant on how he doesnt want to read a gigantic 5 page story. If you haven't gotten to your point by the bottom of page 5, then he isn't interested anymore and you get the grade you get.

WTF!?!?

I tried my hardest, and I feel it's the best thing Ive ever written. And then the glory dissapears right out of my face. gonk

Anyone willing to read it over and help me surgically castrate my essay to make it a tad less lengthy? I could really use the help. >__ _<;  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:05 pm
Muse - I'm so relieved you like it! x_x heart Hehe, I definitely know what you mean when you mention self-criticism. xp

Koji - That teacher sounds like an idiot. How can he expect you to write about something you care about and not go over the page limit? Rrrgh... If you ask me, he should just suck it up and read the ten pages. It's not like it's that big of a deal.

But yeah, I understand that sometimes you just have to do some buttkissing even when people don't deserve it. I'll help you cut down your paper, if you want. Hopefully we can still salvage what you intended to communicate with it. heart  

Iyou

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 7:22 pm
After 22 hours of pure gaming CRAP, KH2 finally got interesting and I no longer feel like I wasted money. Either that, or some psychological reasoning has kicked in and my brain is forcing me to like something I paid for. I wish I could remember the term for that.

Muse - xd Strange you should mention that, because I looked at everyone else's art and thought, "Gah, why am I contributing suckage?" xd

Koji - Why is he teaching English if he doesn't like to read? Tch. Punch him in the face and walk away. It's the only reasonable thing to do.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 9:37 pm
muse: whee glad you had fun! hopefully more members can make it next time ;D

koji: what was your epiphany? : D

i hate teachers like that. D: i hope you and iyou can make it better heart

that's our AD, saving the world, one dimwit at a time, with swift and random acts of violence. xDD heart  

axel

Angelic Hunter

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Tue Apr 04, 2006 11:48 pm
Iyou~ At first, there WAS no page limit. If I scraped away at some of the extra fluff, which is almost necissary(Okay, it just took me 8 tries to spell it, I don't care that it's wrong. xD; ) it'd only kill about half a page, a page max.
The reading really isn't a big deal, it's only 10 pages because of the MLA format we have to use on our papers. Crammed down to normal size, its only 3 pages. @_@;
OMGAWD I-love-YOU. heart xD; I'll post it up as a journal entry, that way its easy to access. Although, I'm half wanting to just dust it off a bit and turn it in whole. Just to piss him off. xD

AD~ Usually, I'd agree in all entirety. But I'm afraid my he might get biased on my grade, and possibly punch me back. O.o

Acksul~ I was going to take the easy way out and write about a death, but that man scares me. He's terribly blunt and honest, and he's the Phisiowahetevr teacher, and I'm afraid he'll commit me or soemthing. xD;; So I wrote about one I had...like not even 2 weeks ago. xD  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 6:35 am
Koji>> Yeah, in the real world, I work as a multi-media artist. Usually, at Christmas, I'm extremely busy. I expected it to totally die off in January. The opposite is happening this year. The more I make, the more word of mouth advertising and the more phone calls/commissions come in. It's great, but some people are really cheap and/or expect that I drop everything else to cater to them exclusively. Those people usually end up with nothing as I'm only one person. I'm not so desperate that I have to say yes sir to all demands. Yikes! Last week I had to sculpt a wizard. This week it's sculpted Easter earrings. The week after that, a professional charcoal drawing for a wedding. And in May a professional pencil collage of a woman's 5 children. sweatdrop I don't think I can do those drawings in a day. They'll have to be patient. I've been doing corporate logos too. Yes, it's wonderful for money and recognition, but it's really sad when people get mad because they have to wait. If they don't want to wait and you end up saying no because of the unreasonable demands, it's a strike against your reputation. gonk It's so much easier on Gaia.

And no, I never had to do manga/anime/chibi commissions in real life. LOL! That would be faster and more exciting. 3nodding I'm not complaining because I love my job. It's better to be paid to do what you love. I also do paid astrology readings. Those things can be over 30 pages long. That is extremely lucrative as well. And nothing like adding an artistic looking chart to the front cover. Yay! heart

Iyou>> It is interesting how we all think so similarly. 3nodding

AD>> I felt the same way. I thought mine sucked. gonk

axel>> Next time, I hope we have an optional funny theme too. I love humour art. I really enjoyed the conversation we had in the thread. It was one of the most relaxing weekends in a long time. 3nodding  

Wanderlings Muse

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:28 pm
Iyou rocks.~ Thanks for all the help! But really, you did help me out alot. I kinda of strayed from my original idea, I realize, and I've changed the essay accordingly. I ended up taking out 2 pages worth! O_o xD;;
I also went about changing the first and last paragraphs a bit, and tweaking some of the others like you suggested. I'm soo glad I asked for some help, I don't think I could have done the clean up on my own. x)

*Flails.* heart

RELIEF. Now...on to my second essay, this time, Cold War research! WIPPYSKIPPYFXCKINGHOORAY. xd

Wamuh~ Oooh, how awsome! How do you go about becoming a multi-media artist-thing? ninja
And I agree about Gaia being easier. If you get fed up with people being asses, you just switch accounts for a little while... xd
Astrology readings? Sweet! :'D I'm an ameture palm reader myself, running around pretending I can tell peoples hidden sexuality, etc. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 05, 2006 7:54 pm
Koji-kins - Glad I could help! whee heart I've had to do major reworks on writing I was probably too emotionally attached to, so I know the feeling. xD; Glad you're happy with what you've got now!

Muse - Ooh, that sounds tough! It's too bad people don't understand how long it takes to complete an artistic work. gonk People like that get me totally frustrated, especially when the artist is the one who takes the fall for it.  

Iyou

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Apr 06, 2006 6:52 pm
If anyone can tell me what a week from today is (aside from "Thursday, April 13th") ...I'll give you a cookie... Or something... o.O

axel - Yush. I am nothing if not predictable in my violent ways.

Koji - Hm. That could get complicated, I suppose.

Muse - All artists come standard-equipped with an "I suck more than anyone who ever lived" function. As far as I know, they are impossible to uninstall.

...I love it when you guys work out rl issues here. It makes me feel slightly less evil and almost fuzzy-happy...and then, thank god, the feeling fades and I go back to pure, untainted evil.  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1062 1063 1064 1065 1066 1067 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games