Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xalome

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 9:46 pm
Nyo: Da Vinci Code got horrible reviews but one of my friends saw it anyways and said she really liked it.

Of course, I don't think it'll live up to how interesting the book was, but it sounds pretty good from what she's told me.

PostPosted: Thu May 25, 2006 10:02 pm
i don't think putting tom hanks in it was a good idea. o_o;; i think they should have picked an unknown actor. usually i don't care one way or the other but i saw who they picked for the lead and i was just like, "eugh D:"

AD: OUCH. D: *shudderyflailymovements* does he regret his actions? xDD i sure as hell would.

in other news, the new dr. pepper with berries and cream is really addictive. o__o;;  

axel

Angelic Hunter

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 1:04 am
QA >> Well, lucky you xd

And I really didn't intend on donating, I stayed up the whole night, so when I was groggily walking about the house the next day, my mom suggested donating. I said yes, and voila, I got several bands in my mailbox O_o; Meh.

It's a stupid thing to put as a rule though. Last I checked, shouldn't school be about education? xp

AD >> Yes, heathen inspiration. And you can't have any...well...maybe just a little bit. But I get the bulk of it > cool

And...ouch XwX; That does not look like something I'd want to wake up to in my leg...ankle...in fact, I don't want any screws surgically placed IN my body >_O;

Koji >> Well, if you want to live under my bed, you're going to have to share with Freddie Mercury. See, he was haunting my room the other night, and I was thinking I could be like Nyo and catch people's souls with a bottle, so... xd xd

Ash >> I know your real name mrgreen I even know where you live ninja

Hoshi >> *snuggle love* heart heart You little skank-thing, now you're all hot with that hot hot hair D8  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 5:52 am
Akahoshi - No matter how far mankind progresses, we still like to fix things with the good ol' hammer'n'nails approach, so to speak. xd

Hrm. I think that hair looks better on you than on me...

Nyome - I wasn't too impressed with the book to begin with, so the fact that the movie is getting lousy reviews is a matter of little surprise for me. xp Plus, you know, Tom Hanks. wtf?

I just tested the pw to the IC site and it seems to be working fine. sweatdrop Just try everything in lower case and it should let you in.

axel - I'm not sure he "regrets his actions" so much as feels horribly unlucky, as though the entire ordeal was just a misfortune. Ugh.

Memai - xd ! I am a partial heathen!

Well, it's not like the screws were unexpected. xd  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

T H I N N

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:23 am
Lang>> Tomatos ... the essense of life. Or something.
But you do have a choice in this matter! You do not have to be LANGTOMATO!!!!

You could be LANGPOTATO!!!!! or ... in a slightly more daring fix ... you could be Langalangabobangabananafanafofangamimymomanga...LANGA!!!!

AD>> College taught me that I cannot escape its clutches! ( gonk )

And ... ouchie to that X-Ray. @__@

Koji>> *fits you for cement shoes* mad whee

Nyome>> Them is an evil presense indeed.

Memai>> Mwah ha! You have my old college address and not the updated one! I am safe!
For now.

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:58 am
You maybe safe now Ash...but just you wait ninja Need I remind you that China is really close to where I'm staying? mrgreen  

Memai-kins

T H I N N

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:17 am
Need I remind you that China is gigantic in size? mrgreen  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 12:48 pm
Yume - *stares at the photo* ...Bone bondage! *is shot*

Fun for all, I shall tell a story. Two friends of mine were joking around *was told of the convo at a later date* and asked...what if someone liked the feeling of being shocked? Y'know the paddles where they zap you to restart the heart? What if someone got shocked, came to, and shuddered, "Do it again! heart "

Now everytime I see a defibrillator, I giggle.

Chibi Koji - ...Arthur? *ignorant*

Laitue - You're welcome! heart

Honestly, I'm mostly disturbed by the thought of someone sitting there, watching...waiting...to put a condom on a dog...

Memai - But at least you still donated to get them, if not intentionally. xd

I believe the argument is something along the lines of certain clothes and accessories can interfere with the learning. Basically, girls spending too much time on their hair and not enough on their studies. And that the poor kiddies will get picked on less.

We all know it's a load of crock, but that's the argument anyway.

"...I could be like Nyo and catch people's souls with a bottle..."

I now have mental images of Nyome being some evil Link...

In other news, since I bought the DS, I gave my Gameboy to the guy at work that was always borrowing it. xD Yay hugs! I am a sad little whore.  

QAtheTenkou

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 6:44 pm
RANDOM AD THOUGHT (TM):

So, I've been thinking. Not too much, mind you, because smoke tends to leak from my ears and make bystanders nervous and sometimes cough politely. But there has been thought, and quite bit of it has focused on GASOC and the fact that we don't do much in the way of activities anymore. In fact, quite a few of us (*ahem*absolutelynotyourguildleader*ahem*) have been neglecting our talents/projects/hobbies.

And, let's face it, GASOC is no longer as artsy as it used to be.

Which.
Sucks.

In the spirit of remedying this, several things are happening. First of all, I am opening the floor to all kinds of suggestions for activities, art parties or the like. GASOC has always been open to ideas before, but we have our whole summer ahead of us and it can't go to waste. Even the silliest ideas will be welcome... Or...beaten out of you... Whichever is easiest, really.

Secondly, I am implementing a new approach to the way we aid each other in our artistic endeavors. The Art Critique thread is rather thoroughly dead, although I am loath to admit that it is because no one is drawing as much as they used to. School is time-consuming, I know. Work, too, for that matter. But with the approach of summer, that should change a little.

I'd like everyone to contribute a bit of their knowledge to a new tutorial page. There are aleady contributions from a few individuals, but I want everyone to get involved. The entire thing will undergo an overhaul so that multiple styles are displayed and explained. Hopefully, this will egg the more shy among us on to try new things, and in doing so, improve on their own styles.

In addition, any recommendations of art books, art sites and the like would be compiled into a list for all to use. You all have favorites; it's time to show them off!

Thirdly, I'm toying with the idea of GASOC-organized art practice (seeing as how school is nearly out and even our usually stellar self-discipline tends to falter). Put away the defibrillator; no one's really teaching. Instead, each week (or couple of weeks) would represent an area in which we feel we could use practice. Graphite shading? Use of Photoshop? Drawing hair (aoinsgodfks!!obnoxious!)? Yep. At the end of the week, each participating GASOCian will post their results. Is it like homework? ...ehhh... Yes and no. "No," because you choose the content. "Yes," because there will be a time frame to keep you motivated. (Please keep in mind that this is a very, very weak idea at the moment and is just being put out there to see how it goes.)

Well, that's all I've got. As always, feel free to offer thoughts. The throwing of rotten fruit is absolutely prohibited, although small art supplies such as erasers and tablet pens make surprisingly good projectiles.  
PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 9:20 pm
Ash >> ninja I have my ways, don't worry mrgreen

QA >> xd Well catching souls are fun, afterall >_>; How can it NOT be fun? It's a frikkin' soul D:

AD >> I like your ideas...and I've been meaning to put up a few tutorials and "How does Memai do that!" stuff. I already have plans for a lip tutorial for Alucard and some anatomy tutorials (not that I'm any good at it, it's just info-sharing, really~)

Hurh! I say we go on with the ideas ^w^b  

Memai-kins

Nyome

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 11:28 pm
Abandoned Dreams
Drawing hair (aoinsgodfks!!obnoxious!)?

Aww... ; _; that makes Nyo sad.
But my crazy love of hair aside , I think that's a good idea. ^ ^ I have a lot of stuff planned out this summer ( in my journal, if anyone's interested? XP ), but I'll try to contribute! I only have about 4 commissions left, and I have about a month in early August to do nothing. I've always been a little paranoid about making tutorials and stuff, but I could do it for GASOC. : ) A skin one, maybe since I already have a few screenshots of that.

Ou, and I tried all lower case on the IC website. It worked. Nyo is a silly goose. : B

@Lettuce-chan--- ahh, really? >x< I haven't heard any rave reviews about it. I'm fine with having read the book.

@QAtheTenkou--- I'm not some evil Link! ; ; Soul-catching is a very healthy and normal sport for a growing Nyo. I have some elbows here too, if you want to see. whee

--

Random note: I graduate tomorrow today! @x@;; so scary..

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 10:55 am
nyo: omg exciting!!! congratulations!! heart heart heart *huggles nyo* you'll have a lot of fun x33 such an exciting time~ heart

aydee: wow, good ideas. whee i really like the tutorial idea, i'd much rather make a tutorial for GASOC where it could benefit people, instead of making one where no one would see it. xd

the weekly activity thing sounds like a good idea too~ i usually try and follow this site, illustrationfriday.com, and do an artwork based off their weekly idea~ it'd be fun if we could get the guild into more artwork based activities.

ay, so no new ideas but i love the current ones. x3 heart  

axel

Angelic Hunter

T H I N N

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 12:26 pm
Memai>> A little late for that, don't you think? xd (the worrying that is ... I kid biggrin ) Incidentally ... My phones are working again! Yay!

Nyome>> Congratulations! And don't worry, graduations not so bad. ^^

AD>> Those are all excellent ideas! I'll probably join the lot of you in some of the endeavours, but I have no way of getting my work online at the moment. xp

Random News>> I have a brother-in-law now. @____@ My sister got married last week.

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 7:48 pm
Abandoned Dreams
RANDOM AD THOUGHT (TM):

Surprisingly, I find this interesting.
And that's about all I'm allowed to say, since I don't appear often enough to agree/disagree with anything. -_-

Ashram > Do I... really have to be a vegetable of some sort... ? Or any kind of food item for that matter...?
Just curious and all... since, you know, it seems a little... off...  

Sir Langley
Vice Captain

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 9:05 pm
Memai - Ehhhxcellent. Anything you could contribute would be awesome. 3nodding Please let me know what you'd like to do, specifically, so I can start planning things out and get an idea of the layout of the new tutorial section.

Nyome - Hair is not as easy for everyone as it is for you, oh Queen of All Things that Are Ridiculously Pretty and Unnecessarily Flowy. stare heart A skin tutorial would be great. whee

Oh, and congrats on your graduation. heart

axel - Any ideas on what kind of tutorial you'd like to do? It's totally open to anything, even use of different mediums.

I'd really love to see GASOC being all artsy again, like we were in the beginning. There is no reason to let real life win over our true natures!

Ashram - For heaven's sake, man, buy a $50 scanner already! o.O

And congrats on the new addition to your family, sort of.

Lang - Don't you even START with me. Whose fault is your absence, huh? HUH? Disappearing for months, making some people worry that you've been ambushed by...ninjas...or something...and hauled off into the dark...

Are you actually going to participate, ho?  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1078 1079 1080 1081 1082 1083 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games