Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 2:55 pm
Akahoshi: The Gaian greed pisses me off too. >.> Anything they think they can sell, they sell for alot! I mean, I went to the market place and have you seen some of the ridiculous prices? Store items are sold for more than how much they cost in the shops! That is insane and I can't see who would buy from them. O_o;; I'm scared to keep saving up for the devil tail, but it's like the only item I've been wanting in forever! I'd hate to see what they would ask for the tail now... it's like aroudn 400k, and I only got 47k. sweatdrop

When a computer is in front of me, I have to post a lot too. I have a lot of posts here too. sweatdrop

AD: Bwahahahah, I feel the need to chop something up now. *looks around for a machete and watermelon* o.o;;

Utsero: But 5-6 hours of sleep isn't a lot. =/ And I haven't had pez in forever! gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 3:43 pm
*randomly sneaks into conversation* ninja

X_x hardly ANYONE is willing to sell below max value, and the prices are rising insanely fast. When I'd just heard about the angelic sash a month or so ago, it was still 150K. By the time it got to my auction, it was 330K. now it's 400-410K. It's saddening.

And in the marketplace, people are literally selling store items for maybe 25-50% MORE than the original price. Leg warmers were 2K in the store, but someone was selling them for 3K. It just boggles my mind. I mean most people selling it back to the store would get..was it 50% of what they bought it for? and sellling it in the marketplace is good for both the seller and the customer, why ruin that?

I honestly don't know what to do with my gold besides sit on it. o_o  

Nyome

Akahoshi

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 5:06 pm
I'm kinda glad I made friends with XxXDr4g0nXxX she let's me borrow her item so I get that nice chance to wear the item I could never afford. I've had this devil tail for around 2 months without her telling me to give it back. *Huggle Dr4g0n and the tail*

But yes the greed in the exchange was bad before the marketplace but now it's kinda gone down. But it seem to have moved to the market place, and yes the marked ups there are stupid and all they ever say about it is if you don't like don't buy it. To bad that probalbly won't get a buyer for it.

I've become a Marketplace whore recently selling off a lot of my item I didn't want anymore and I made almost 50k in 5 days and the reason for that is I was selling things at a reasonable price never had a 'buy now' above the GEN max for donation stuff and sometime cutting 500 gold for the store items price.

Grrrr now I'm all pissed, I need to go kill things time for some PSO.

Later heart 's

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:18 pm
I love having connections, we went to see "Harold & Kumar Go To White Castle" and we got in for free because the owner is like Katie's aunt or something along those lines. And tomorrow we're going to see the "I, Robot" & "The Village", we have to pay for one but the other is free.

Bah, I is needing some sleep, I get blood work done tomorrow and Katie's all worried, where as I don't care to much. (which pisses her off)

Ok good night. heart heart

NOTE TO SELF WORK ON ENTRY FOR SONGJEWEL'S CONTEST. (only here because I'll see it tomorrow and remember to do it)

Akahoshi

Find_The_XdOGx

PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:54 pm
Okee... finally got around to taking pictures of some of the stuff I bought. O_o;

Ran out of disk space so I couldn't get everything.. sweatdrop

DarkishStar> Finally you get to see my mashi maro alarm clock. XD

User Image

User Image

o_o;;

Oooh... =O A place to store all my art stuff. x3

Some clothes... o_o

Some more clothes and stuff... xp  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 11:27 pm
mmmmm...................................

:bored:

hm... i always seem to be in a penniless state here on gaia.... i just cant stop spending money whenever i have it so the most ive ever had was about 22k... mebbe i should start charging more for commissions...

id really like a devil tail... but since that's an unrealistic dream, i dont actually bother to save up for it.... i need a lock box or something to keep money away from myself.... stare

oh yes. paper cuts really suck.  

tirbutt

Sparkling Sentai

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:09 am
*walks in and falls on a couch that just happened to be there*  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 1:13 am
*rolls under the couch and falls asleep in a little ball*  

Chibi Koji

Akahoshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:24 am
Sethirius - I want that clock for the sheer reason that it's uber cute. And I have one of those things that you're using for art supplies, but I filled mine with computer s**t.(parts, disk, aquired software....etc)

puddingphobia - I always lose money around the time new clothes come out and hair. At least 10k+ will be wasted on clothes to dress up my avatar. Blast my girlie need to look cute and buy new stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:00 pm
Akahoshi - Yeah, no problem. I'll send them on Friday. whee

Deuxia - *waves*

Darkish - A machete and...watermelon?! eek

Nyome - Inflation is INSANE right now. It all started a few months ago when there was a massive influx of people AND people willing to donate money to Gaia. More letters means the value of gold goes down. The value of a halo jumped tenfold in the last 6 months. It's scary.

Seth - ROFL! Kickass clock! I'm so jealous! xd

Chibi - Please don't post spam here. If you're not conversing with other guild members, we consider it spam. Thanks!  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Find_The_XdOGx

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:20 pm
Akahoshi> x3 Heh yeah, cute clock. The store had a lot of them, I had a hard time choosing. >.>;;

The store is filled with cute things... @_____@  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:24 pm
Nyome: That's why I think I'll never get the only thing I want here because no one is willing to sell below the max price! Everyone has to sell it for a lot because they want gold, and more gold! I think that if I ever get a vending pass to sell my stuff, I would sell for less than it is in the shop, but more than the sell back value so I can get my gold back you know? It only seems fair and reasonable. Plus it would be hard to get a buyer, it's ridiculous.

Sethirius: Yay for the Mashi Maro clock! *pets it* It's so cute! xd I finally do get to see it! =D

puddingphobis: I'm still going to try and get that devil tail no matter what. It's the only thing I really want on Gaia. And once that quest is over.. I can buy whatever I want since I donate to Gaia. I doubt I'll ever get there, but I'm not going to stop trying. xd Actually, come to think of it, I haven't bought anything over 1k or awhile now. Maybe I will succeed. I try to refrain from spending because it will always be in the shops, that how I try to stop spending, but reminding myself of that. xd

AD: Yup, a watermelon and machete, too bad I couldn't find neither. I still need to the chop something up! gonk

Yay, finally Gaia will let me post something! =)  

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Nyome

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 2:47 pm
AD: so THAT's what happened? I was wondering. rolleyes though it does make sense. As for halos... I don't even WANT to know what the price of those are now. It's insanity! good thing nyome doesnt' even look good with the Halo on anyways.

DarkishStar: the Devil tail? >_< I have enough for it right now, but I don't know whether to save up for the angelic minis or to just get it. It was never an item I really wanted, though too many of my friends would give their left arm for it. e_e And people are pretty gold-grubbing at times sweatdrop I would think some of the richest gaians are artists though XP  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 3:31 pm
AD> Yes be jealous... x3 -hugs the clock- xD

DarkishStar> Yep finally get to see it. xO I want to go back to that store... >.>;;

Nyome> Well artist would be rich I suppose... if they don't do anything with the gold. O_o

Though I think the breedables/changebles people would be the richest... Seriously they get Panda hats for one pet. sweatdrop

Hmm things I want... >.>; Well I've had all the things I've wanted on Gaia and that's good enough for me. x3 I gave most of it away when I took a long break away from Gaia. ^^  

Find_The_XdOGx

Liseli

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 7:46 pm
Woo, nice to see allt he GASOC people... I'm barely on gaia anymore what with school coming up again stare

It's true, the Exchange is just insane now. Pretty cutthroat, I was an Exchange whore and still am sometimes but it's hard to be when you're on dial-up sweatdrop Any good deals I made were in Nov-Dec before inflation went crazy, and each month gets worth with the donation letters.
I'm still questing for chickies but it's starting to look like a hopeless case with the way things are going.

Yes, I believe the breeding/pet people are the richest... I've used to be into it but it's too much now. Some single pet auctions easily for over 500k these days, but that also has to do with inflation. Paying with an Oct letter means a lot more now than it did a few months ago. Artists take time and a few weeks to finish big auctions pieces, breeding people just need to recolor one or do a single person on a tag. It's a mix of business & art.

Sethirius: I love Mashimaro, that's an awesome clock ^_^  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games