Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Xalome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 6:52 am
Koji: Well, I once had a sparrow fly full tilt into the side of my head. Stupid Satan bird..

Darkish: O.o How can one even eat that much cake!?

Cake!Ninja.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 12:01 pm
*perk* did I hear word of an AD-Blog? * W*

I miss that deli stuff so much.
And pssttt. Hire a geek. It's so much faster/simpler/powerful.

And I own parakeets too. Scariest things in the world when they get pissed.  

Nyome

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:38 pm
Laichu~ ... I can't even tell you how weird the laugh that escaped my mouth sounded. xd

Nyome~ Honestly. My old one died, so I got a new one. It seemed innocent enough at the time, but this ones prone to use it's beak to move instead of it's legs/wings. It clamped onto my neck and wouldn't let go. gonk gonk gonk

Tattoostattoostattoos. * Q*  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 1:59 pm
eeee i can't wait for tattoos either e we;; heart

haha everybody has parakeets xD;;; my friend has one and it never shuts the hell up. the other day it escaped and crashlanded in a bowl of enchilada sauce biggrin it's still pink because it refuses to sit still long enough to be washed.

laitue: OW DAMN D: a cardinal buzzed my head a few months ago. aren't birds supposed to have good eyesight? D:  

axel

Angelic Hunter

Xalome

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 3:53 pm
axel: They do.

They're just demonic and are actually aiming for your head.

Koji: It was a trained attack sparrow! I swear!

.. Tattoo's?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 4:39 pm
Acksul~ I know! They'd better not be lame. Or expensive. Especially not the second one. 8D;;

Mine's bitter, and vampiric. D: It just sits there, hunched over, waiting for me to trust it again. I named her Snakeface. xD

Laichu~ o_o
I WANT ONE.

And yeah, the announcement dropped us a hint. And I heard about it at Fanime too, I had forgotten till just now, though. 8D;;;

I finally got my camera back together and with a new uber memory card. heart I can't wait, I'm going down to the LA area this weekend and I'mm go crazy. I'm so totally like gonna go to Laguna Beach. >8D  

Chibi Koji

Iyou

PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 7:04 pm
Laitue - That reminds me of the one time a cardinal flew into my window and broke its neck... only the blinds were closed and I didn't think much of the thump sound, so I only found out about the bird when my mom found it lying dead on the porch... gonk

Koji - Tattoos? Say wha?

I have a feeling that a lot of people will be abusing the naked glitches once tattoos come out. x3

Question for you people who frequent anime-cons, or who are just good at pricing stuff:

A friend and I recently came up with a pattern for kitty hats that we were thinking about selling either online or at anime cons. I don't think the hat is that fantastically different from all the other anime-themed hats that must be sold at cons, but it would be nice if we could get to within a few dollars of a reasonable price. I'm thinking $10 as an absolute minimum to cover time and fabric costs, and I can't imagine people would want to pay more than $20 for one of these (but hey, I could be wrong).

So, long story short if you don't want to read all that: with a minimum price of $10, how much do you think these hats are worth?

Here's a picture of the hat. It's made out of white fleece, although I also have black and pink as well.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 26, 2006 10:10 pm
Iyou~ They fixed the few glitched I knew about. gonk

I don't frequent anime cons, but I've been to two. xD;; It's a real nice hat. o.o Most of the ones I saw were a bit blah looking, but your design is good.
The ones I'd seen around cost somewhere around $25. If you sold yours for $10, you wont have a problem selling them all. >> But if you want to make more of a profit, I'd go for like $12-17ish. Iunno, I always haggle. 8D;; Oh, and maybe since you only got 3 different colors you might wanna keep them a bit lower priced.
Just run around real fast to the other vendors and see how much theirs cost, and make your's just a tad cheaper? xd

So umm, I haven't been able to draw all that great lately. Probably because all I ever draw is my androgynous avitar, or myself. 8D;;;;;
Anyone want to offer themselves to me? It doesn't have to a trade, just give me something interesting to doodle. :]  

Chibi Koji

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 5:48 am
QA - I'd have a blog already if I A) weren't so darned insistent on coding it myself and B) IE would understand the position:fixed tag. stressed

Your sig has been naked for far too long.

Darkish - You are a cake-eating fiend. I'm more intimidated than anything else. o.O

Nyome - Working on it. sweatdrop I'm one of those people who has trouble believing that anyone gives a crap about their ramblings, so my incentive to create a blog might be fleeting.

Iyou - I'd SO wear one of those. heart I've never been to a con, so I'm not sure how much something like that would run. Personally, the most I'd be willing to pay for any kind of head accessory is $15. (You should post pics of the black and pink ones, too.)

Koji - I'm tempted to ask you to draw my av, but you do that quite enough for no readily apparent reason. whee Maybe someone in IC, though? I guess it would technically be art for that person, then. Would that break your creative slump?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:01 pm
Haha, I don't mind. xd I felt like I kind of owed you one on your 3rd Gaia 'versary, so I'll shuck out another one, you watch. xD;;
It'd be awsome to draw one of the IC characters. o.o I can't seem to find the link to the website, though. I forgot it. sweatdrop

And what the ******** is up with that anime Higurashi no Naku Koro ni?!
I was watching it on YouTube, and I got up to episode 5. And I'm cautious to go back. +_x

...wtf?? gonk gonk gonk  

Chibi Koji

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 7:28 pm
Working both jobs in one day doesn't make me tired until I get home. Then I sit down at the laptop and stare at things in blurry confusion. o.O Quick post, then bed.

Koji - Ehhhhxcellent. whee http://www.calculated-hysteria.com/IC/ Easy enough, no?

Higurashi no Naku Koro Ni is like bad crack. The opening song got me hooked. I'm on episode 16 now and let me tell you: the anime simply does not get any more sane as it goes on. I THINK the music was done by the same composer who did Elfen Lied; the "main theme" is especially good. Not as good as the opening song, though. heart

Bed.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 27, 2006 11:51 pm
Mhmm. x) I'mma be in the LA area this weekend, and I plan on having a lot of free time.

Thats the only reason I started watching it, was the opening song. xd I thought, "Oh, a bunch of little girls. And one of them has a knife! Kickass! >D" Then I got ear of some more drama, plus lack of sleep, which ended up badly by the time I got to the beggining of episode 5.
You do not peck your head into the knife, damnit! You don't! gonk
I'm crawling right back to it, though. xD;;

Well I've all but lost my equillibrium. I'm gonna go back to my nest now. 8D;  

Chibi Koji

Nyome

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 4:32 pm
@Koji------ Awww, how adorable! ^ ^
@Axel------ A pink parakeet, and no picture? D:

Well my parakeet got loose one time and started flying around the house where we couldn't get it ( we have high ceilings ) then it dived for the outside porch.

Too bad that glass sliding door got into the way. : /

@Iyou------ I'm not sure how much it'd be worth, since I don't buy many hats. XD but I think if you added that cute face you drew over your own face onto the hat, it'd immediately boost the price by a lot. Decorations = <3, even if they're minimal.

@AD------ Well then you have to keep in mind most people have nothing to do, and would greatly appreciate some humor. x3 <3 I know a lot of my friends keep up with webcomics and humorous blogs all the time. Though AD could probably kick their butts~ heart

... that anime with the butcher girl or something? @___@; It had an interesting plot from what I saw, but the artwork got on my nerves. SO MUCH HATE. Dx!!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:51 pm
Koji - As much as I enjoy insane children, the protagonist is a bit of a moron and I can't help but hate him for that.

Nyome - Merf. We'll see how much butt-kicking there is...

You want to talk about anime with bad art?!?! Try Tsubasa Chronicle. Holy fsk, those people have arms down to their knees, courtesy of CLAMP.

(AD blog(ish) here. It isn't really a real blog; it's just some coding I threw together and slapped some words into. Actually, it's more of a narcissistic ramble. But then, that is what ADs do best.)

timeforbednow*thud*  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Iyou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 10:30 am
AD - Here's a picture of the black hat, and I currently don't have any pictures of the pink ones because none are fully sewn together. I feel like such a nerd sewing them together - especially since my family (which is pretty much ignorant of all that is anime) keeps asking me, "Why are there ears on that hat, again?..."

AD
Holy fsk, those people have arms down to their knees, courtesy of CLAMP.

You just gave me the funniest mental image. Some kind of ape drawn anime-style by CLAMP... oh man. I might have to try drawing that. xd

Awesome blog, by the way. heart

Koji - Considering I've never been to an anime con, I think I'll start selling them online first. whee I think $15 would be a reasonable price for both parties, so I'll see how that goes.

Nyome - I'd like to do that, but I'm not exactly sure as to how. I'd rather not do iron-ons or anything like that since unprofessional jobs (read: ones done by me) tend to peel off. And hand-embroidery from the Iyou is a big no-no. x_x

I've been looking around for an embroidery machine, but all the ones I've found don't allow you to make your own patterns for them, since they mainly rely on really large preset libraries. I know there are some machines that you can program your own designs on out there, I just need to know where! gonk  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1101 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games