Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

QAtheTenkou

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:04 pm
A bird flying full speed into someone's head is so horribly anime-worthy. Everything go chibi and WHACK. xd Sorry...

Worst I can say is this one summer several years ago *was still in high school*, three birds got into the house on the same day. The first one, I was sitting in another room and heard a loud WHACK on the window. Since I was on the second floor, I peer down at the outside and wonder if someone threw something at the window.

Then, inside my house, a bird dive-bombed me, wings flapping and squaking. I run from the room shrieking, and it follows me, continuing the diving. It finally lands somewhere, my mom caught it with a towel, and took it outside.

Twenty minutes later, I'm back where I originally was and hear the flapping of wings. I stiffen up and look around, trying to assure myself it's just my imagination.

DIVE BOMB!

A repeat of the last chase scene with the same ending.

My parents went somewhere, shopping, I think. I wailed about being left alone because of the bird attacks, and they just laughed at me.

So I closed up the door and huddled back into the room to keep working on things. I get thirsty and go to leave the room.

Waiting in the hall, perched on the stair's railing, was a bigger, black bird this time. (Not a crow.)

::Me:: O_O;;;;

::Bird:: *stares back*

::Me:: *backs up slowly* O_O;;;;;

::Bird:: SQUAWK!

::Me:: *shrieks and runs*

::Bird:: *swoops after*

We also have some cats and I was terrified they'd attack the bird, so I ran into the bathroom. It followed, I ran back out, and locked it in. I waited until the 'rents got back, then mom, once again, used a towel to catch it and bring it outside. No one could figure out why the birds had such an issue with me, since even my mom shrieked when it got too close. xd

Tattoos!

Koji - If you want, you can doodle some of my characters. xd Here, lots of doodles on my photobucket account. Feel free to have some fun, and I'll pay you some Gaian gold if you want. surprised And don't feel bad if none catch your interest and you don't want to, just an idea. It's always fun seeing my charries drawn by other people. whee

W00t, LA. I'll be in the Sacramento area Aug. 31 - Sept 4th~

Yume - xd Perfectionist!

I know it has, but I need an idea. I don't want to draw a character and cut them off at the legs or what have you to fit them in the space. I'd want a full color drawing, but of what? I have a few characters I wouldn't mind there, but it'd either be a full body shot (which I need a pose that isn't so horribly overused already), or a head shot with some kind of "border". Like the arms, a cape, etc. But I'm rarely happy with just a head shot. *sulk*

Need ideaaaaas~

Furthermore, people LOVE ramblings. Personally, I love stories. =D People can usually associate with them, and will make them feel better about or better understand certain situations in their own lives. Plus I can use those stories for my own fictional ones...mwuahahaha...

(See, look, I'm rambling again. Therefore I feel better. Hugs make the world go round. heart )  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 12:19 pm
Oh dear, that's horrible! xd Did you ever figure out how all the birds were getting in?

The closest thing to that that happened to me was a grasshopper flew into my hair when I was at summer camp once. I have rather long hair (past my shoulders), and it wasn't pulled back. I had leaned over to look at something, and this grasshopper just flew into a part of my hair that was hanging right by my face. So I got to watch him squirm as I flailed around and tried to get him away from my face. whee  

Iyou

Nyome

PostPosted: Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:10 pm
@AD---- Aww, you even made your blog look pretty! And I think their butts were pretty well kicked.
I saw some images of Tsubasa Chronicle, and the guy with the pea-sized head and body of a giant annoyed me to no end. There's "style", and then there's just abuse of that power.

@Iyou---- Hmmm... maybe just try to get a friend to help with sewing little patches of felt on? D: or superglue, but that runs the risk of looking tacky.

Umm... E-bay?

@QA---- I actually started to make a flash movie of some bird flying into the side of someone's head, but I seem to have lost all my knowledge of Flash. e_e;

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 5:55 pm
Ewww. I am just now realizing that I am becoming very 'Gaia broke'. o.O Maybe I should do an...art...thing...or something...

Iyou - zomg, I would abosolutely wear one of the black ones to work for that oh-so-lethal ten-second walk from my car to the building. xd

CLAMP needs to be beaten upside the head for combining girly storyline with ape-like proportions. It's not right.

QA - Uhm. I guess that explains why your sig is naked... xd Sounds like you're the perfectionist here.

Nyome - Yes...pretty. I don't know what's gotten into me. I've been watching the anime NANA and it's got me all girly and...well, this has been my desktop for the past three weeks. sweatdrop Scary.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Iyou

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:25 pm
AD - Tomatoes. Nice. xd

And don't feel bad about Nana - I'm addicted to the manga. I didn't even know there was an anime. xD

Nyome - Well, I've gotta find a model of embroidery machine that allows me to program it first. Then I'll be hitting Ebay. x_x  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 10:34 pm
@AD----- ART THINGGGG. heart

Ahh, really? @_@; I have a lot of friends who like Nana. It's not really my thing though. Ourannnnn... *adores*

So pink! xD What winamp skin is that though? to make it half-transparent, very nifty. : 3

AND HOW UNDECORATED! ; o; I see so little icons! As compared to my own desktop.

@Iyou----- Hmm.. do a Google search? Like maybe some on this site ? I don't know much about embroidery though. XD Arts and crafts have never really been my thing.

Nyome

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:31 am
Iyou - I was going through my old Photobucket account. A long, long, LONG time ago, I had an "Anti-Drug" graphics shop. I think "tomatoes" was one of the samples. It still makes me laugh.

The anime is actually pretty nice. The art style/proportions causes mental anguish on occasion, but it's nice overall. It's supposed to be at least 50 episodes long, though. My external HD cries.

Nyome - Ugh. Art. *flails*

FELLOW OURAN FAN!!! heart !!! I've even gotten my non-anime-fan friends addicted to it. That show is beyond hilarious. I was making wallpapers for it for a while; this is still my favorite.

The newest version of winamp has a transparency setting under Modern Skins. whee

You have an obscene amount of icons! o.O Holy crap. How do you FIND anything?! (PS - How many torrent programs does one person need? xd I'm a utorrent girl myself.)  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:23 am
Abandoned Dreams

Nyome - Ugh. Art. *flails*

FELLOW OURAN FAN!!! heart !!! I've even gotten my non-anime-fan friends addicted to it. That show is beyond hilarious. I was making wallpapers for it for a while; this is still my favorite.

The newest version of winamp has a transparency setting under Modern Skins. whee

You have an obscene amount of icons! o.O Holy crap. How do you FIND anything?! (PS - How many torrent programs does one person need? xd I'm a utorrent girl myself.)

But an art thing is good! ^ ^ good practice, and non-broke AD!

YAYYY MORE OURAN FANS * w* <33
I've only been so obsessed about one other anime before Ouran, and that was Fushigi Yuugi ( my first anime! <3 ) many years ago. XD I'm so in love with the characters and the cuteness of Ouran though. I even went to Japan and got as many products as I could find. I even bought Volume 1, though I can't read a word of Japanese. > > hurr, Nyo has no self-control.

Eek, adorable wallpaper! I loved that episode too. XD

Ah, thank you AD! Saves me the trouble of going around and trying to find more skins. My fault for not playing around with programs more.

Not obscene! Necessary. ; _;
And it's arranged in a certain way. Rarely used junk on the left side, important and often used products on the top, and art programs and MMORPGs on the right! very easy.

( I only have two torrent programs. XD I started with bittornado, but some sites don't support it so I got uTorrent too. Personally I prefer uTorrent because it's prettier, but I use bitTornado for animesuki, since it's what works the best with that site. )

Nyome

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 7:51 pm
Nyome - Art for YOU is a good thing. Art for AD is a laborious process that may or may not involve cussing, tears and fire.

Fushigi Yuugi is cute, though I've only seen the manga. Ouran has to be the best anime series since Mai-HiME, which was a welcome relief from other, not-so-great series this season *ahem*HigurashinoNakuKoroNi*ahem*.

That was a great episode. My favorites, of course, are the one where the twins fight (poipoipoipoi!!) and Hunny's cavity.

o.O Your computer usage must be very...complicated. I insist on keeping mine more streamlined. It's my baby... And my baby doesn't LIKE clutter. sweatdrop

utorrent has never given me any trouble. McAfee has a heart attack every time, though, because it sees each incoming request as a hacking attempt. I'd disable it, but... You know.

EDIT: Yay. CG tutorial is finally in existence. I should have been in bed hours ago, but at least it's done.

http://www.calculated-hysteria.com/AyDee/Tutorial/guide.htm

(And yes, I did just copy the HTML from my "blog" and change the colors. Be quiet.)

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:51 pm
Seriously, everyone has had a parakeet before. I had one too. That thing was MEAN, but it lived for three years. Never could get it to talk. ;O;

It got out once too. They really.. do not see glass.. or anything.. or learn that there's glass there.. ONCE they hit it you know? We named it Chomper. It bit me so many freaking times.

Gah.

And cake eating fiend? I don't think I'll touch another slice of cake for a looooooooong while.

AND!
Picture day at school tomorrow. Woohoo.. ~_~  

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Nyome

PostPosted: Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:12 pm
@AD----- Awww. You make it sound as if it's hell. : (

I think the manga's supposed to be pretty good. I have the anime though. I watched Mai-HiME, and it was pretty nice... but a little too magical-schoolgirlish for me. XD If that even explains anything. Ouran is much different from anything else I've seen, and it's such a nice break in my day.

Honey episodes = always win. I adored all the water related episodes too. Beach, Jungle, etc. Oh! and Haruhi's family. :'D

Nahhh, it's much less complicated than you might think. ^ ^ or maybe I just got used to it. I'd feel all weird if my desktop was clean. Like I was /missing/ something.

I don't have McAfee I think. I think I downloaded zonealarm, but it's never given me any trouble. :3

yayyy, CG tutorial! You take the art thing very seriously, AD. ; O; I get so lazy I just copy the BG, cut it, then paste it onto a new layer. Then I just put the layer on Multiply and color underneath. *doesn't understand channels at all*

And I think Lang cares more about the image size. XD I used to work on 800 x 600 all the time, and she would be amazed. Though nowadays I tend to go into the 1000 or 1200 range. Any larger though, and my computer rebels.

@Darkish-----o.o are they /supposed/ to talk? Mine just chirp.

Mine don't even have names and it's been 5 years, almost. XD so unloved. *squishes Mia*

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 3:19 am
Hah!

Ok, so that just reminded me of GASOC.  

Find_The_XdOGx

tirbutt

Sparkling Sentai

PostPosted: Wed Aug 02, 2006 5:22 am
;o;!!!

I've found... a guild! XD; I forgot I was in this guild >.>;;
Let's pretend I went on a long and amazing journey and finally came back?

It's nice to see people still active and chatting here :O

I love Ouran XD the people are so loopy they make me seem normal :3~

BirdsOnce while me and my family were eating dinner a bird slammed into the glass door right by the table O___O we were sure it was dead but it just lied there in the grass for a few minutes looking really dazed and then finally got up and flew away when my sister tried getting close to it.

AD :O I keep seeing the channel thing in so many tutorials but I can't seem to remember how to do it when I actually want to XD; *photoshop illiterate*

Sethirius moo? D:  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 12:31 am
For my birthday (last month *slow*) a friend gave me his old comp drawing thingamajig. I can figure out how to draw using it, make the lines the way I want them, etc. However, it's waaaaaaay too sensitive. I don't even have to touch the screen to make the mouse move or click. Any ideas on how to fix that?

(The only reason I like it is because you can trace pre-existing sketches. heart )

Iyou - No, we never did figure out how. We didn't really care since none have gotten in since. sweatdrop

Ahhh...nature. It gives us such fun stories.

Insect time! Once, at a birthday party, most of the kids were in the pool. I was getting ready to cannonball, and everyone started freaking and pointing. Feeling a pinch, I blink and look down to find a bee on my bathing suit. I wasn't being stung, so my best guess was it was drinking the water. o_o;

I started shrieking and running in circles, eventually jumping into the pool. Everyone screamed and climbed out, only to be chased by the bee and end up jumping back in.

Nyome - Yay flash! I wish I had some spifftastic flash making program.

Do eeeeeet~

Attack of the birds!

Yume - Artsies! heart

Yesss...my precious...must be perrrrfect...

OURAN! heart I have the first book of the manga, and it's kinda blah. I guess it's one of those few where I actually prefer the anime. eek Besides, my little comedic twin at work is quite similar to Tamaki. xd

Darkish - *raises hand gleefully* I have never had a parakeet! My sister did, though. I hated the irritating things.

The cats ate them. =D

*Not a bird person* *see previous post*

puddingphobia - PUDDING! It's such a funny word. No, really. "Puh" and then "DING". xd  

QAtheTenkou

T H I N N

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 1:52 pm
WWWWWWWWWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've been busy, oh so busy ... DOING NOTHING.

Yeah, so its been REALLY REALLY hot here in Southern China, I almost had a heat stroke while I was in doors with the air conditioner blowing. It was weird, I woke up from a nap and had a crazy dizzy spell, fealt real nausious and my eyes were going all over the place. So I've learned that I must drink lots of yummy fluids during the summers here.

I've been doing a lot of reading. Mostly comic books and myth stuff, and I've fell upon some really great treasures.

IF YOU CAN GO FIND THE COMIC Fables AND READ IT TO YOUR HEART'S CONTENT!!! (there are collected trades of the series out and about and you may even be able to find them in your local library! Author's name is Bill Willingham)

Next week I go to northern China to visit some friends. YAY!

And now, I leave you to your various devices ...

ZIP ZOP ZUBITY BOP!

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1102 1103 1104 1105 1106 1107 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games