Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nyome

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 8:31 pm
@Axel---- Yuhh, I know. T___T *mouthless* and it pains me.

I really didn't want to get rid of it,but Gaia was trying my patience! *just gave up* : (

Video games... I don't own anything besides a PS1 and an old gameboy. XD

@AD----You should still be proud of it! :'D it's adorable!

I do own other stuff. That's where all your lost stuff disappears to. But shhh, pretend like you don't know that. ninja

You people and your fancy mp3 players! *admires from afar* <3

A recommendation thread would be nice, I think. I trust GASOC members' opinions a lot more than I would say.. some random review on the web, qualified or not. Plus it's always nice to be all knowledgeable about some subject. ; D

You have the cutest ideas for events, really. <3

I don't know if you'd want to use it,but I did make my own pumpkin base for my Halloween Art Freebies thread. I came up with a little "pumpkin carving" idea, and I didn't want to step on anyone's copyrighted toes, so I drew my own base.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/shokkie/Halloween/PUMPKINBASEcopy.jpg

Just throwing it out there and all. You could probably find or make better ones. XD

@Ashram----I used to hear a LOT about bubblegum crisis, but I actually don't remember much about it. Is it really that good?

Oh, and of course Gaia is. I usually don't swing either way on a lot of decisions Gaia makes, but even I think this is going a bit far. :/

---
My little dead tablet that had moments of life just completely died again today. I can't take this anymore. x_x; I keep having to ask it "are you having a good day today?" and bending the wire so much I look like I'm fighting with it. So not worth the trouble.

So, tablet hunt today. Dx

I spent two hours just comparing prices between brands and websites and everything, and I think i decided on the Wacom Graphire4 6 x8 on Amazon. : / it's still very pricey, but Wacom is just about the only decent brand to go with, and I'm a little tired of my tiny 4 x 5 space. Amazon's price isn't the lowest, but e-bay and newegg and all the other websites have unreliable sellers and used tablets, and they're only about ~$10 off of Amazon's price, and that's without the shipping and handling. But even so, altogether that brings it to ~$170.

I think it's probably the best tablet to go with right now though. I would definately not make an Intuos my traveling tablet, but my graphire3 4x5 was a little TOO small to do any really detailed work with. So I'm looking forward to what the graphire 4 has to offer.

> >; just... throwing it out there in case anyone else needed a tablet upgrade or is thinking about it. By the by, has anyone heard anything about the Bluetooth graphires? I keep getting vague reviews.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 19, 2006 9:38 pm
Nyome - Yay! I've done something adorable! sweatdrop I hope you don't feel as though your normal "cute" turf is being invaded.

...YOU! YOU have all my missing socks!!! DRYERBANDIT!!

Well, I just placed my order for the X5L, so now I'll have...far too many players. sweatdrop I'm going to see if I can pawn my old one off on a friend.

You need to stop supporting all my lame ideas so much. *poke* You tend to make me think I'm so much more amazing than I really am.

ZOMG ADORABLE PUMPKIN! I'm sure we could use that somehow. I'll think on it tomorrow when my brain resumes normal functioning, though. heart

It's late. Nightzorz, Nyome and lurkers. heart  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 1:16 am
That done. Today was 90's day at school. Our class made a deal with our teacher. If we dress in 90's style, we can get the quiz pushed from Friday to Monday. SOOOOO you know what that means! XD GRUNGE. There was no other blatant style really.

So I wear a REALLY bad pair of ripped up jeans that belong to my dad. A rock band shirt. A hoodie button up shirt. A black button up rumple shirt. And a red flannel shirt. And aviator sunglasses.

Needless to say. I boiled. But it was fun. I had on 2 pairs of pants, 4 shirts, and I looked like a boy.
I looked like a hobo.
My teacher laughed at me.
A closet seemed to have blown up on me.
And I stripped down to one layer in Art Class. XD

And the quiz is now on Tuesday. XD

AD: I don't even have the anime OST. O_O; I haven't been too fond of anime music lately though. I'm totally in love with the Nana the Movie soundtrack though. That was an AWESOME movie, great adaptation from the manga. x3 You should find the music, I think you'd like it. Mika Nakashima: Glamorous Sky and Yuna Ito: Endless story. =)

And a recommendation thread sounds awesome. Though I think it suffices well enough in the hang out. surprised It just might be easier to see in a separate thread? XD

Shiro: Tis almost as if you were one of those all-knowing tentacle pleasure monsters. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. O_O;

Ashram: Lucky lucky! I'm a download retard, so I don't watch much anime. Only what I can get on youtube if I'm not too lazy even then. You should watch Chrono Crusade. XD

Nyo: Even a simple pumpkin base looks so nice when you make one. XD
Tablet hunt? Must be hard, it's hard to find a good deals these days. I've got to pick one for college. But now that I think about it, I'm iffy on the intuos because it might get stolen from my dorm. u_u I think Bluetooth is wireless, but I've not heard much about it. x3;;

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 11:27 am
GASOC Recommendations thread is up. It's a little sad at the moment, but...whatever.

In the news: It was a really stupid move to buy YouTube. Japanese media companies have already asked Google to crack down on the pirated videos from Japan; over 29,000 have already been taken down. I'm sure most of you know what that means.
Story - http://money.cnn.com/2006/10/20/technology/youtube_japan.reut/index.htm?postversion=2006102006

Darkish - WTF? 90s day?! xd That's fantastic.

The Chrono Crusade OST was done by Mitsuda, I think. Rather nice, actually.

ZOMG NANA! I'm currently addicted to the anime, though I haven't seen the movie yet. Best songs from that are Olivia (as Reira) - A Little Pain and Olivia (as Reira, again) - Close Your Eyes.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 7:26 pm
I starte writing this at ten pm my timezone (gtm-4)

I woke up today at 5 pm... -__-; I really should consider looking for a job that doesn't involve making me stay up till 9 am in the morning (since my shift's 12 midnight-8am)

anywho ;D

I usually went out into Gaia...but nowadays I just neglect it and go back to the only place I always visit ... GASOC. =/

and I think considering the type of geeky loser I am, I'll be most likely in my late forties and STILL be checking in here to see how you people are. xd

I know, I should just do myself a favor and jump off a bridge .__.;

A.D. :: I see surprised

xd I don't normally go out onto Gaia wearing a costume (and much less get hit by Emo-Beams launched at me! D: )

... sweatdrop you know... even though I did say you complain too much, I didn't think it'd spin off into making you think we need yet another thread here...
ninja

in fact, what makes the hangout so lively is that whenever each of us posts our own fandom thingamajig, we usually enter the conversation and discuss/debate/what-have-you... and makes the hangout much livelier (especially when more than one of our own goes MIA for months on end[and yes, I reffer to arrow me stare ]) ...

ninja

I SAY WE USE NYOME'S PUMPKINS! D: (although they're so cute even without anything written on them....I feel like I'd be dessacrating Nyo's artowrk if I were to edit it! crying )

Ashram :: gonk YOU FIEND! ...I WOULD MOLEST STRIKE YOU DOWN ... but it'd be a waste of time (plus since you know Lang longer than I do, she'll get slightly mad sweatdrop I don't want her bad side after me.

and what you probably watched was the R.O.D> TV series...and what AD prolly watched was the OVA? ... although I did dl the movie, but I just haven't had the time to watch it D:

(and Vanderad is just so wrong, but sooooo goood... twisted ...and bubblegum crisis is over-rated xd I did like the original, and the tokyo 2040 one...just make sure to skip the bubblegum crash one talk2hand )

Nyome :: so far from what I've overheard from people around me is that the new bluetooth wacom is one hot little puppy....though I personally would say I'd disagree...considering the unreliability bluetooth has done to me at times. sweatdrop (bluetooth apparently hates just me, and no one else BUT me gonk )

and no, I don't think it's the squiddy costume's fault stare heart

Darkishstar :: .... "all-knowing tentacle pleasure monster" ... eek exclaim

it is, coz I can love you loooong time ;D

*shot with a potato cannon* D;
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

and my last post of fandom here::::: you should get a listen to Senses Fail new cd... and decide whether you should buy or not. 3nodding (I like track #11)

and here's some of the lyrics of one of their songs of the new cd:

I'm betting dreams on paper wings
    Because flying isn't just for kings
    I take the stairs to the very top floor
    I paid the super to leave open the door
    A perfect sunset sinking in the sky
    I know my body is ready to fly
    I start the countdown backwards from ten
    When I reach one my family name will end

and another one coz it's funny xD

A man bends down and says son
    We're gonna get through this one
    Take my hand and let us pray
    I scream please get the ******** away

now it's 10:24pm...and I have to go work at midnight again...tonight crying

thankfully I bought that shiny player I told Axel I was gonna buy...and I'll post the review once I've thoroughly tested it's endurance and other qualities 3nodding
...yes, I abuse emotes on a daily basis crying

PostPosted: Sat Oct 21, 2006 10:48 pm
Shiro>> HA! I have the power of "Something" which AUTOMATICALLY gives me +20 to Dodge Molestation! Coupled with "GonGetCha" the DIVINE BLADE I can deal with tentacley tentacles and their tentacleness with ease!

Yes, AD has seen the OVA and I've seen ... both. 3nodding

AD>> The R.O.D OVA is pretty good and deals with "The Paper" (who actually is not one of the sisters, but appears in the series later 3nodding ) who is quite good with paper manipulation. surprised The series, on the other hand, is great.

At least I think so.

Nyome>> I absolutely love the oldest Bubblegum Crisis series, but detest the Tokyo 2040 one. It's good ole 80's cyberpunk anime with sexy women fighting robots in awesome suits.

And it has Priss. This adds much awesome points for me. 3nodding Couple that with 80's style rock and roll music and I'm a happy man.

Darkish>> Al's got Chrno Crusade and I do need to finish watching it. (seen half of it when it was first coming out)  

T H I N N

Songjewel

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 5:17 pm
ninja  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 10:50 pm
heart 's for Songjewel whee exclaim

ashram :: you're so h4x it hurts. mad

and to all in this guild... I have an announcement to make:

Langley says Hi! and says she couldn't post tonight here... 3nodding that is all.

btw, the aliens are so funny xd [CLICK HERE!]

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

QAtheTenkou

PostPosted: Wed Oct 25, 2006 10:52 am
All the talk of Lake Effect Snow cursed me. I have not been online in a while for a reason. xd

Oct 12th. we had one heckuva lake effect storm. The problem was all the trees still had leaves, so the wet, heavy snow piled onto more surface area than usual. Tree branches were snapping off, the worst cases were the tree would snap at the trunk. Some split several ways like squid tentacles. The girl who lives behind me, her tree got hit by lightning. So it's lots of wind, snow, and lightning. With all the tree bits and such falling and the snow, cables and wires were going down everywhere.

(I was likely the only moron running around in the parking lot after work booted us out because we lost power, yelling, "YAY SNOW!")

I lost cable/internet that night. Power went out the next day. My work was running on a generator for a couple days. xd I went to work just because it was warm.

I had no power from Friday 13th (I cracked so many jokes about that...) to Monday 16th. Some didn't get their power back until recently.

It was absolutely nuts. I worked overtime because we were selling out of batteries, flashlights, etc. My family wasn't bad off, we normally have stocks of batteries, flashlights, and candles. The stove runs on gas, as well as the water heater, so it wasn't all bad.

Shortly after, I caught a cold. =D (As did most of us around here, unsurprisingly.) Still fighting off the last bits of it, but I haven't been online much.

In other news, I have decided to be Little Red Riding Hood for Halloween. xd And Nov. 11th, I'm going to Toronto to see "Wicked". YAY! heart  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:20 pm
Well, life only gets more and more eventful, huh? o.o

But during my long hours in my school's lame computer classes, I've been reading IC and googled myself into Memai and Deuxi's blogs. I'm not creepy. I'm just bored. gonk

Again I've come down to nothing more then lurking, and completely ditched my shop for the 76251 time. xD;; There's only so much motivation to draw fugly avitars. D:

Shiro~ Wtf the ships are NPCs? xd

QA~ AW OWNAGE. Why didn't I think to be little red riding hood? Better yet, BB HOOD! o__o So much inspiration lately, but no time to get a costume. ; ;  

Chibi Koji

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 6:07 pm
Koji :: xd YES! and the alien mothership is so huge, you only see her shadow on towns...but you can see the smaller UFO's floating about and scanning people xDDD

and FYI if anyone's really interested and isn't into the plotline...

the person mentioned in the gossip between ufo 09 and a gaian...the Gaian is Yuzi_K xd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:51 pm
AD: I do plan on watching the anime. x3 Sometime.. when I'm not lazy or too busy. But you should watch the movie, it's about.. roughly from when Nana Komatsu first goes to Tokyo to when said Nana meets Takumi.

I'll steal the OSTs from my sister then. XD But the Movie OST is quite awesome as well.. though there are only the songs I mentioned. There's also My Medicine.. but I hate it.. just imagine a Japanese person with a bad accent singing in English. XD

Shiro: I listen to Senses Fail, but I've no money for CDs.. though I should go check out Senses Fail.. Dx I have the one that comes before that new release.

WTF? The UFOs are the NPCs? XD I'm still laughing at what the mothership said. The admins really are trying to be in on the fun this time. xD

Kojee: Yeah, it's pretty sad when most of the avatars you ever draw.. are mostly.. black.. and therefore boring as hell to color.. Dx
I HATE black avatars. With a passion, everyone has them! scream

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 5:55 am
Darkish :: if you want, I can rip it/upload it for you. :3

and yes..UFO's are npc's xd and the mothership is HUUUUGE! XDDD
like, two times the size of the fountain found in the towns square xd

... crying i don't have a black avvie!

and I will go to hell for posting these, but I thought you could be entertained... ;D (AD, try not watching these at work, unless you seriously wanna bust your guts...or if you don't want your peers to look at you weird by being overheard listening to Ricky Martin songs xDDD)

http://www.youtube.com/v/oJstOA07kWQ
^ steve Irwin spoof from the Damn! show

http://www.youtube.com/v/-3W9PGdMwDU
^ HARDO GAY DESU ... something o__o;

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 7:53 am
XD I love Hard Gay.

He is simultaneously the funniest thing and the most twisted thing to come out of Japan. THe creepiest one was when he visited an elementary school and one of the kids was sad, so he humped her head to cheer her up. It worked.

*shudders*

Xalome

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2006 8:08 pm
...well, THAT was an interesting lull. Did everyone get busy simultaneously or did GASOC just suddenly go into cardiac arrest...?

In other news, the new donation...bug...THING...makes "Hey, listen! Hey! Hey!" pop into my head.  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1123 1124 1125 1126 1127 1128 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games