Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:36 pm
Akahoshi - *zomgsquee* Yes, I finally got mine. And it is the SEXIEST electronic I have ever owned. The file navigation alone is enough to send me into fits of giggling. I love being in control of organization, rather than ID3 tags ruling over me like a sadistic feudal lord. There are a few kinks I still need to work out, but on the whole, I regret nothing. Not even the $265 price tag.

I'd really like to take screenshots of it, but I've been told that the only way to do it is to install Rockbox firmware, and I'm not terribly interested in voiding my warranty just yet.

Favorite wallpapers at the moment: (currently using and loving the first)
User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image

I'm pretty sure yours are sexier, though. heart

Alucard - Bah! Don't take us for granted that easily! I may rename the whole damn guild and move it SOMEWHERE ELSE! For NO REASON! Fear my potential evil!!!  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 7:59 pm
AD> Then I will hunt you down twisted

*wanders off to look up what an iAudio is*  

Alucard_

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 1:06 pm
Tch. I wish my Gaia name wasn't so alphabetically superior. I keep getting random friend requests. I should rename myself ZayDee.

Alucard - Technically, they're Cowon iAudio X5s. (sometimes called "JetAudio" for reasons unknown)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006 10:41 pm
I went to Toronto in Canada to see "Wicked". heart

I LIIIIIVE. Sorry. Um...I'm sure I have stories, but I can't think of them right now. =D  

QAtheTenkou

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 1:02 am
I'm alive too. Really. D:

I'll make up excuses and tell of my escapades when I don't have to cram for an economics test.

In the meantime:

http://dojo.fi/~rancid/loituma__.swf

...and two hours later, it's still on. o_o  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 5:28 pm
aydee: whoa, people add you just because your name starts with an A? what the hell. gonk and here i thought it was just because you're awesome.
wow, do they just go down the line..? it's mind boggling!  

axel

Angelic Hunter

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:53 pm
QA - OoooOooh. I'd see Wicked, but Idina Menzel is the only reason I really like the music and she stopped doing the show a long time ago. Gonkage.

Think of stories!!! It's been much too quiet around here. You guys scared me for a few days!

Koji - Ohhhkay. I thank you for making me realize that there was a problem with my speaker wiring, but that's really the only good that came of...whatever that was.

axel - I THINK that's how it's happening. I mean, I don't post anywhere except for GASOC. So...if it isn't random alphabet searching...how am I being befriended by "DudeAtDaDisco"?!

But, yes, I am quite awesome. Rest assured.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 9:19 pm
QA: For the record. I hate you.

Not really. But I am very, very jealous. I love love love Wicked. The musical, the book, the sequel to the book. Love. :3

Xalome

QAtheTenkou

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:10 am
Yume - Yeaaah...my friend was going on about her and upset I can't remember who was who during the show. I just went to enjoy the show. So long as it's not boring or what have you, I'm happy. No one in my family was into musicals, plays, etc. when I was a kid but for me so I never got into the whole "scene".

I do have to admit, though, I was mildly disappointed in whoever was playing Elphaba. She's a phenomenal actress, funny as Hell, and so on...but she spoke more than she sang during songs. And Hell, I can sing better than her. xp

I'll think up a story to end the post. xd

Laitue - *Gloats* Row C (eleven), Orchestra, dead center. Shall I scan ticket stub as proof? heart (My friend was jealous to, when he went two weeks earlier, he was mezzinine. The first balcony, a few seats back.)

The show was absolutely fabulous! My friends and I were laughing the entire time. I would LOVE to go see it again, you have NO idea. And this time buy more than a shirt!

Still have to read the book and its sequel.

Okay...thinking of a story...um...

During Halloween, we found a stray Superman cape. One of the ones based on the new movie, that's sort of maroon and no "S" on it. None of the costumes were missing any, so we could only assume one was bought without it, or returned to the company already for some reason. Me being odd and random as usual, I slip it on and walk around with it.

It becomes an amusement to everyone at work, and there are teases of names for me. I'm given the typical names based on existing heroes, and of course one friend jokes "Super b***h". One of the managers, however, refers to me as the "Toy Wonder" since I work in Toys. I laugh maniacally and adapt this as my name, since it can be so horribly perverted.

In fact, when people (that I work with and know) ask why I wear the cape, I respond, "I'm the Toy Wonder. Want to play with me?"

I wore it once or twice even past Halloween. I've always liked capes and it's not as if I'm not weird enough to wear it any old time anyway. Hell, I walk around with a rubber spider or fly on the top of my head often enough.

I was going to slowly phase out wearing it, figuring everyone's amusement over it would fade. Instead, I get pestered to wear it every day. My manager refuses to speak to me unless I wear it. My Store Manager even asks where the cape is when I forget to don it. Apparently it's required uniform for me now. Since I'm in Toys, anyway, I can get away with it.

The Sunday before Halloween, a new girl started working there. A cashier. To my chagrin, she happens to be someone I knew in High School. Remember me mentioning people who spread rumors for no stupid reason?

After High School, I had an apartment with a "friend" for a while. I paid for basically everything, including all the food. We had all her friends, her ex-boyfriend, and all his friends constantly over. I made $100 a week and was feeding and caring for entire GROUPS. This girl (the cashier), while not my roommate, was another "friend" of ours from High School and was over every day.

I woke up one morning, and my roommate was going around telling everyone I was a lazy b***h. I was a horrible person that insulted her all the time, I never did anything, and so on. Everyone simply took her side; I was never asked if it was true. Suddenly, I no longer had ANY friends. Grabbed my stuff and got the Hell out, cancelling the apartment, and making sure the landlord knew all my share had been paid. *still has the receipt* The girl now working as a cashier never asked my side, simply following the crowd so she could still feel important. She'd even let the little tramp use her comp to harass me. And now she's working there, acting as if we never stopped being "friends", when she was never much of one to begin with.

That first day, I let all the old fears get to me. I was shaking, I was quiet, and more upset than anyone had ever seen me. Most of my friends I told what had once happened, but one...I couldn't tell him. The gay friend of mine I was all hopeless for? I think of him as like some twin now, but I just couldn't warn him. I couldn't plead not to listen if she ever said anything. Why, I don't know.

He whined and cried until I came back to his department to help him, since mine was dead. I was still upset and he noticed, so he spent...damn, I don't even know how long, just trying to cheer me up. Singing, dancing, playing with my hair, snuggling, and goofing off with my cape until I was finally cheerful and laughing. He wouldn't listen no matter how often I told him to "quit it" or tried shooing him away. I can elaborate the whole thing later if you wish. xd

I felt better, for the most part. Since she and I didn't run into each other again for four days, I'd since steeled myself and was ready to deal with it all now. She WAS the coward of the group, and I have real friends now versus the fake ones that group had been. She keeps trying to talk to me, or break into my conversations. I snap at her sarcastically, and walk away, refusing to deal with her. I end up feeling like some bubble-brained, TV cliché High School popular upturned nose SNOT, but c'est la vie.

As for my little gay twin, for some time, I've been referring to him as a "puppy". I've gotten sick of people trying to suggest to me he's got some crush on me (um...he lives with a guy...) because of how we act around each other. Honestly? They don't see the HALF of it. Even then, I doubt I'm treated much different than anyone else. So when they cracked that he follows me around, I just popped out, "He's like a puppy!"

Knowing this would eventually get to him, I joked it to him one day. And he agreed. xd So I enjoy occasionally running up, ruffling his hair and cooing, "Good puppy!" or "Such a cute little puppy!" then running away.

In turn, since I help him often in his department, he's begun teasing I'm his slave. He always sets a cart aside for me to attend to the nights I'm there. I always figured it was what he meant to do last since it's a lot of little stuff crammed into a cart, and I can't really know if he does it anyway the days I'm not there. However, one time, someone had been covering his break, and put half the cart away. He got really, really upset, to my amusement. Apparently the cart really is set up just so he can call me back to keep him company. xd

Good enough, Yume dear? heart  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 2:24 pm
I've been working for five nights in a row, and i just signed up for yet another one tonight! gonk

at least the Mini UFOs are now all the rage in Istanbul rolleyes

BUMPER-CARS! gonk heart MOVE IT BEETCH!!! scream

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 5:50 pm
QA - Quite. xd That certainly gave me something to read at work. Thank you muchly. heart

Shiro - Um, you might want to consider sleep. You sound a little...insane.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 8:29 pm
QA: *is plotting you death to take the shirt*

There are also no words to describe amusement at kneeling on his monkey. No words.

Xalome

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 5:10 am
AD :: insane? ... do you realize what you are implying?

we Gasocians rarely ever get any sleep, so it's bound to be stated that we, all of us, are insane on some level. 3nodding ... IT'S WHAT MAKES US WHO WE ARE! scream heart

.... gonk the ufo's can become headphones! joy! heart *sleeps*

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 2:23 pm
[random]
the monkey donation items are adorable~

however, my verdict on the quest...thing? dumb.

somehow i borked it and now moira won't get off my screen. gonk  

axel

Angelic Hunter

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2006 6:27 pm
Shiro - I thought it was our individuality and sheer amazingness that made us who we are, rather than lack of sleep. Interesting.

axel - I haven't given donation items a second thought since the...um...whips, maybe. I can't really remember. Bah humbug on all of it, says I. And quests actually interest me, but that's most likely because I haven't discovered how lame they are yet.  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1125 1126 1127 1128 1129 1130 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games