Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Chibi Koji

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:42 am
AD~ I don't understand. Then why are they popular? D:

Which one are you talking about? I think they're both in a bit of a predicament. xD

QA~ Who said I haven't drawn you? <_<; Lemme get one decent and I'll show ya. xD;;

I love them too! My friend passed it to me, and unfortunately it came from a random gaia sig. ):

And so was the end of my short lived break. I hope everyone had fun. I can't really remmeber mine anymore. Except I went and lvled to 99 on KH2. D:  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 6:10 am
Note: The new Ghost in the Shell OST (Solid State Society) is excellent. If nothing else, give 'Replica' and 'Take a Little Hand' a listen. I'll upload them to MegaUpload if you can't find them elsewhere.

QA - Great. Now I want a donut. At 9-bloody-AM. stressed heart

Koji - Because most humans are, by definition, not terribly bright. The fact that something is popular doesn't mean it's good. In the case of JK Rowling, it's easy, and people like easy. In the case of Dan Brown, it's controversial, and people like that, too.

I mean the orange that walked (rolled?) in on them. Poor thing; he looks fairly devastated for a fruit.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

QAtheTenkou

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 12:05 pm
Koji - Yay! xd I was gonna commission you, but I meant to catch you while you were online, and then forgot. o_o

I'm sure they're all good. Show! Show! Though, in fairness, I should show some doodles in return. I'm ashamed to admit I haven't drawn anyone from GASOC but for Yume and Hoshi...though there might be one of you. I'm going through doodle books too quick now to even remember. sweatdrop *on another new one* I blame adventures at work.

Yume - *points and laughs* rofl Glazed are good, too.

I kinda like the "Harry Potter" books. Though, not so much the first and fourth. Simple books are good for when you don't want to think. Plus they read like fanfics and there is so much yaoi UST in those things. twisted  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:11 pm
QA - *has QAart* ninja

Donuts with sprinkles. whee Personal fave.

Agreed on the yaoi UST thing, but that's only because of fanfiction, not because of the books themselves. If fanfiction didn't exist, I would wager that Rowling's books wouldn't be quite as popular as they are. It's because her creations are so simple and malleable that everyone wants to rework them - in my opinion, that's indicative of a pretty poor story to begin with.

When I want enjoyable simplicity, I read Lemony Snicket. His use of the English language amuses me.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Xalome

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:42 pm
Right. So I hope whomever invented winter dies. NOW. In the most painful way possible.

It is minus fricking 40 with windchill right now, that's in celcius for you American types out there. Standing outside for an hour waiting for your bus on the way to school. Not even the bus that I would've taken home came. At that poitn I was like, "Whichever comes first." School came first. It is supposed to be even colder tomorrow.

I am a giant Laitue-popsicle who will not be attending school tomorrow kkthxbaihugsnkisses.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:18 pm
*bellyflops on the floor*

EXAMS = NOT MY FRIENDS! gonk

Translation: How ya'll doing? Finally managed to catch up with my guilds!

*scurries off*  

Memai-kins

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:01 pm
Do not reinstall Windows as a cure for boredom. You won't be bored any longer, but you will regret your choice.

Laitue - s**t, that sucks. The weather here has been unseasonably warm (it's still 55F right now...at 8 pm...) and it has me worried over global warming. But at least we aren't freezing our balls off, so to speak. How far north do you live, anyway?

Memai - heart !!! Teh Memaiz!! heart We missed you! How did your exams go?  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 5:18 pm
Lemony Snicket is freakin' WIN! scream

And on that random note ...

HEYO GUYZZ!!11

So yeah, using Rock and Roll in my lessons this week and the classes are choosing their movie for next week so ... easy street for a while. cool

My experience with Harry Potter ... I've seen the first movie and ... that's it. surprised Entertaining, if nothing else. Now the anime series Akagi on the other hand ... that is an EXCELLENT piece of entertainment. (and its all centered around playing Mahjong if you can believe it)  

T H I N N

Xalome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:01 pm
AD: Oh I'm not that far. Totally in the southern end of ze province. XD

Today we hit the lowes temperature in over a hundred years. Whilst I stayed home, went hot tubing, drank hot chocolate and watched Scrubs. :3 Ah. Twas a good day.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:14 pm
Ashram - Lemony Snicket had me with the first paragraph of the first book. heart And the summarized biography in the back.

Akagi, huh? Is it current or oldschool?

Laitue - Hrm. Then you, my friend, are simply unlucky.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Xalome

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:14 pm
AD: Yep. xd At least I'm mostly used to the cold. Even if it does require more than one pair of pants.

Snow is quite pretty when looked at from inside though~ So I shall take the pretty with the freezing weather.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:37 pm
My exams went pretty well, I just have to sit through the art and Home Ec exams. That leaves with three months to wait for my exam results gonk (But that's...kinda nice, since I get three months off XDDD)  

Memai-kins

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:08 pm
Laitue - I hate the S-word. I'd be happy with an inch, maybe TWO at most... But the usual mountain of snow that gets dumped on my town is completely unappreciated. stressed

Memai - Oh, man, art and Home Ec. xd I can't believe you get 3 months off, though! The hell kinda education system is that? xd  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 12:06 am
Memai>> YOU DESTROYED THOSE TESTS!! I HAVE IT FROM THE HIGHEST AUTHORITY THAT THIS IS SO!!

MINE!
whee biggrin

AD>> I read the first Snicket book out of sheer curiosity and ... you know I think that was the first book in a long time that I couldn't stop reading until it was done.

A short book, still ...

And yes, Akagi is a newer series. Hasn't even been released in the States yet. xd (but I can and will purchase it in Hong Kong)  

T H I N N

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2006 6:30 am
Ash >> ORLY?! <-- sorry, had to ._.; Your sig is begining to freak me out though XD;;

AD >> Twisted, but oh so amazing heart  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1127 1128 1129 1130 1131 1132 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games