Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 4:16 pm
Memai Shirosaki
HEY THAR GUILD :'D

*pokes Shiro with a new-fangled piece of technology and the deer she saved* >8D
gonk exclaim Woe is me! emo

edit - WTF?!?! AGAIN?!?!?! D:<

PostPosted: Wed Dec 13, 2006 4:22 pm
So today I found myself standing in line at Target. As I sometimes do. And on this particular day, I noticed that not only were there Target gift cards, there were gift card BOXES in which to present the gift cards. Cute, sparkly and ribbon-covered boxes for $2.99 each. And I thought, "What kind of an a** pays $3 for a gift card box?"

And then I looked down at my own basket. ...Probably the same kind of a** who buys $5 worth of wrapping materials for one present.

Five minutes later, I very much stumbled and crashed onto the pavement while chasing down the receipt for the aforementioned gift. In front of a truck.

God, I'll be glad when Christmas is over.

Memai - Hiiiiz! heart heart

Much, much later:

So, much as I hate to use the guild as a blog, I need to say this to an intelligent group of people.

Today I was talking to my coworker about the warm weather (60 degrees Fahrenheit) and voicing my concerns about global warming. He said that it's all a cycle, he saw it on some show or other, and the planet will be fine. I told him that Steven Hawking had suggested humans begin colonizing other planets because we are bound to destroy this one. My coworker said "Who's Steven Hawking?"

I can accept that from him; he's an idiot. I turned to another coworker. "Steven Hawking. Who is he?"

Blank stare. You're kidding me.

Next cubicle. "Who is Steven Hawking?"
"Why, did you get an email from him? What's wrong?!"

Next. "Tell me who Steven Hawking is." Nothing.

And the next.

Then, my boss's office. "Steven Hawking. Tell me you know who he is."

Bewildered smile and shake of the head.

Oh...my god. I asked 8 people all over the building, and none had any idea. Well, one man said he was the founder of Scientology and that I was wrong in telling him, "No, that was L. Ron Hubbard."

Anyone else think I should quit? I polled my friends; they said yes. My brother told me to get out immediately. Now I'm asking you.

Is it not safe for AyDee to work in an environment in which Steven Hawking's name rings no bells whatsoever?  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Xalome

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:02 pm
AD: Kill them. In your defense just tell people they didn't know who Steven Hawking was. They will thank you for ridding the gene pool of them.

Honestly, even if you hadn't heard of him in a serious context I know Family Guy has done him several times. To say nothing of other TV shows.

I'd run. In case the dumb is catching.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 6:32 pm
AD~ Eee, I must avoid all spilers for FFXII. @- @ I've yet to play it.
Pah hah, again I admit, it was kinda fun. Except for the whole car-totalling bit. D:
AND KARMA WINS AGAIN. The guy who did it had driven back to his house, and drove right on through and broke the gas line. xd The electric company made a scene and everything.

...who's Steven Hawking? o_o
JKJK. If anything, you should stay and consider yourself elite.

Hoshi~ Yah. :]
Sorry to hear about your crappy day. ): Atleast you seem to have stayed calm? xD Unless some kind of murder story followed afterwards.

Laichu~ Don't let the fact that I live here stop you, though. xd D:
What's so good about California? D<
Happy soon-to-be-Birthday. =D!!

Shiro~ Sho' was. :'D
Of course. I mean, I kinda wanted one. But he didn't hear me when I asked, and I was glad. o_o;
His...parrot? Oh dear. xd  

Chibi Koji

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 7:38 pm
X_x;;

How does anyone NOT know about Steven Hawking? They even made a movie about him if I recall! A MOVIE! A movie and references in a thousand over TV shows and no one knows him?

*throws self off a building*  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:39 pm
Ok, so that's one vote for 'kill all of them', another for 'stay and behave like an elitist feudal lord' and another for 'never mind, I'll commit suicide in your stead'. Great. I desperately wanted to hear "Quit your job and move to the wilderness of Montana where, armed only with a laptop and a pair of good headphones, you can finally attempt to be brilliant and perhaps accomplish something of interest far, far away from the idiotic masses."

Oh well.

On a completely unrelated note, the new version of Firefox checks spelling as you type in forms. This includes Gaia posts.

...I love you, Firefox.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 12:11 am
Abandoned Dreams
"Quit your job and move to the wilderness of Montana where, armed only with a laptop and a pair of good headphones, you can finally attempt to be brilliant and perhaps accomplish something of interest far, far away from the idiotic masses."

That works too ninja heart  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:03 am
Steve Hawkings would probably come off as just another name to me. Never heard his name mentioned with his theories, I've always read anything concerning his ideas as, "Scientist claim ... " or some such.  

T H I N N

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 6:50 am
Aie, it's almost 11pm! I'm so excited, since I've got a big con to go to tomorrow ninja Me and my group's big debut gonk heart Wish me luck. I'll try and get some photos snapped up and posted somewhere, sharing is caring after all. And I figure it's a perfect little 'make it up to you' gift for the long absence xp

*snuggles you guys*  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:42 am
David Germain of the Associated Press hated Eragon and said everything I've been bitching about for months. http://www.cnn.com/2006/SHOWBIZ/Movies/12/15/review.eragon.ap/index.html He actually calls it "Star Wars - with dragons." I'd like to marry this man, if at all possible. heart

Ashram - I'm surprised and alarmed and my respect for you has taken a 7% nosedive. Read A Brief History of Time prior to buying any more manga.

Memai - Definitely take pictures!! Best of luck!  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:47 am
AD :: I say the following unto thee! Quit your job and move to the wilderness of Montana where, armed only with a laptop and a pair of good headphones, you can finally attempt to be brilliant and perhaps accomplish something of interest far, far away from the idiotic masses! THIS SHALL BE THE BIRTH OF THE REAL-LIFE GASOC! who knows? maybe they MIGHT prints us in shirts if all goes as planned! ninja heart

and yes. Firefox has a spell-checker. I've been using it ever since I came back, but I'm thinking you probably haven't noticed until now? surprised exclaim

(and so you know...they could probably have not known who 'Steven Hawking' is, because the person you're actually trying to infer about is 'Stephen Hawking' sweatdrop )

Koji :: you wanting cookies from a pirate's pocket 's one thing... another totally different one is eating the cookies, since, obviously, they're parrot-feed... most likely. xd

Ashram :: fyi, this is the person A.D. was asking about at work. ninja

Memai :: GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR GRAND DEBUT, MEMAI! gonk heart ... make sure to stay away from smelly people, and bring lots of febreeze...apparently some nerds can't tolerate the scent, so if they bother you, spray 'em like it were pepper spray! ninja heart

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:08 pm
AD~ I'm sure we were all gonna suggest the last one. Eventually. >_>

I feel partial to polygamy now. D: "...betrayed the Jedi Knights, er, dragon riders." x'DD

Memai~ Go Memi, Go! =D

Shiro~ Yeah, if your parrot's an LSD-addict. gonk xD I swear they had to have put SOMETHING in there. A don't trust a 6ft tall elf to make an honest cookie. o_o

Anyone wanna art trade? Or just give me a subject to draw? I feel the need to. D8  

Chibi Koji

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 4:17 pm
Shiro - Good point. Stephen Hawking, then.

Koji - I was having a lousy day at work until I read that review and I actually threw my arms in the air and said "THANK GOD!" I dare anyone to call Paolini a child prodigy now. Akiane is a child prodigy; Paolini is a thieving punk.

Uhhhgm. The AyDee does not really draw anymore, kthx. Art trades scare me now. xd  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:33 pm
AD>> Tell me who Buddy Guy is and who and what he has influenced. If you don't know who he is, I lose 7% respect for you.

Forgive my bluntness, but saying people are stupid or whatever because they don't know who ONE PERSON is, is stupid in and of itself. I don't care who it is.  

T H I N N

Memai-kins

PostPosted: Sat Dec 16, 2006 3:48 am
AHHHH! Back from the con. Booth was so close to the speakers that I had to YELL at people for them to hear me gonk

Anyway, I don't have the pics now, but when I do get them *prods editor* I'll post 'em up for all shameless, viewing pleasure 8D; I had a great time, a little exhausting, but 'twas a blast whee We didn't sell as much products as we were aiming for ( sad ), but I guess that's what happened when you're placed between a famous (but closely-related ninja ) group and a booth that's bombarded with Cardcaptor and Ouran High School.

Met a lot of nice people, the Ouran cosplayers (a one, Hunny-senpai) were hillarious xd They kept proding the panda plushie from my booth table XD

"Eee! Kuma-chan! *poke* Kuma-chan! *poke* KUMA-CHAN! *poke*"
"She'll bite you!"
"Mean Kuma-chan *pout*"

Ehh, what else? OOH! I GOT TO FONDLE A LITTLE DOLLFIE HE WAS FSCKING ADORABLE! heart I've also got some neat little merchandise from other booths, I'll be sure to take some pics of those as well ninja AND! For those who are muchly interested in buying my group's books... All the info needed is right here! whee heart  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1131 1132 1133 1134 1135 1136 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games