Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:11 pm
More Hoshi Holiday Book Store Stories:

It's been a busy week, not sure why but it has. Now I'm on a lunch breaks(It's 4:00pm) and I decided to fill you in on some great Hoshi/Customer talks.

1. Lady comes in and ask me if we sell anything other than books, at which point I said "Ahhh, we sell bookmarks and calender".

2. Man asks if we have any adult type books all the time trying not to have anyone hear him ask.

3. Man buy just about every Something for Dummies books that we have, leading me to the conclusion that his whole family must be dummies.

4. Teen attempts to steal books only to trip in to a book display. He got caught and I now get to say books are the best security system.

5. My favorite thing Lady come in pick out a really big & thick book and ask me if I think it would make a good stocking stuffer. Now I try to be a little professional and not laugh but I could help it. I laughed and then with a puzzled look I said only if the stocking is about 4 feet long and a foot or two thick.

I figured working there over the holidays would be boring but it's been a hoot.

Ok back to the book world.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 7:21 pm
Score! Full-blown FFXII impression rant here: http://www.aydee.wordpress.com

Akahoshi - What the hell else would you sell but books? Tch. And that guy buying all the Dummies books makes me laugh. He must not like his family very much, assuming the books are presents.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

axel

Angelic Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:00 pm
oh ho! Hoshi's hilarious christmas stories fill my insides with glee and laughter. xd

and my only basis for not reading Eragon was the whole "my parents are publishers and thats the only reason this rag got published" thing. but now that ive read aydee's rant now i have more scathing comebacks for the retards who live on my floor and pretty much worship the book. gonk

if anyone goes to see "night at the museum", tell us if it's any good? whee  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:33 pm
Everyone's off doing holiday/family things and have left me here with...well, the internet, I guess. Damn Christmas festivities.

axel - Eragon is basically fanfiction that was printed by the author's parents. The quality is on par with just about anything at fanfiction.net. Read some of it and you'll see I'm not exaggerating. Then your heart will drop into your stomach. Then your extremities will grow cold. You may die, actually.

Come to think of it, I don't recommend that you read it. It could very well kill you.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Xalome

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:28 pm
AD: Well, I can't say I agree with your FFXII review, I for one am still love it at 69 hours and no where close to done, but it is amusing. And I agree with the Larsa parts, he is made of win.

But from what I've heard around online and with friends the plot is pretty polarizing. You either absolutely love it or you hate it.

Though if I remember correctly Vaan forgave Basch because Basch says he was framed and that it was the Archadians who really killed his brother. Vaan accepts this and shifts his revenge desires to the Archadians. That's why he also hallucinates, much like Ashe, only he doesn't see Rasler, he sees Reks.

axel: Some friends of mine saw "Night at the Musuem" and really liked it. <3 Robin Williams.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 2:01 pm
Laitue - You know, for all the bitching I'm doing about FFXII, I'm still playing. A lot. o.O

The plot is more for people who like the whole global politics and rule over kingdoms thing. I'm more interested in the individual people.

Yeah, I remember Basch's "No, it was my twin brother!" routine. And I tell you what, if I'd spent the last two years thinking that this man killed my brother, I wouldn't accept that. And if I did, it would take months. As I said: poor character rationale. The whole story was written as though the characters themselves were secondary to the main plot, meaning they have to accept things and move on very quickly so as to keep things going. I also remember when Larsa's father was killed, he was upset at Mt. Bur-Omisace, but when he's shown talking to Vayne in his next scene, no one seems to care much. Larsa would rather talk about Ashe. (It's that damn skirt, I'm telling you.)  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

T H I N N

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:29 pm
Amidst talk of hilarious Christmas book store stories and Eragon destruction there comes ... this.

Went to Hong Kong two days ago with Al and we wandered the city looking for wonderful things. Ate at a sandwich restaurant for lunch, which was absolutely great. (as we have not had good sandwiches in ... a long time) Stopped by the youth mall I've dubbed Anime Central and picked up the Box Set of "School Rumble" (luff) and proceeded to look around for various things.

For supper we went to Outback Steakhouse and had real beef steaks! (what mainland China passes off as beef ... is not beef xp ) Mmmmmm ... And then we waited for Angelus to come in and went bar hopping. The first one was utter filth ... cheesy Karaoke mixed with the rather loud games of dice. xp Had a grasshopper there and then we moved on.

The other bar was much nicer, beckoning us with the sounds of Lynrd Skynrd followed by Led Zeppelin. Had a Colorado Bulldog and a Whiskey Sour. Good stuff. Went to hotel, went to bed. Came home next day. (THREE HOURS IN THE BUS TERMINAL xp gonk )

AD>> Eragon rider - ***** ... Or Erotic Dragon Rider? surprised

Laitue>> xd The fact that the main character is named Eragon makes the concept even worse in my eyes. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:09 am
AD: The skirt has POWARZ. Seriously. it's creepy. There is a reason that Ashe is not in my party.

I like global politics. Actually, I like politics in general. *dork* :3

Yay. It's Christmas Eve! Homemade perogies~!

Xalome

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:13 am
Laitue - I blame you for the corruption of my brain.

Ok, politics interest me. FAKE politics do not. AyDee does not see the point.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 12:24 pm
AD: I am just a bad, bad corrupting person biggrin

.. Your signature amsues me so.

Xalome

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 2:26 pm
Well, hey. Early Christmas present to me, I guess.

Google eragon plagiarism in any order with or without +s.

Yay me. I shall start building flame barricades now.

EDIT: Blast, I broke the link and it dropped off of Google. Darn it.

Laitue - I'm glad. Someone damn well better be amused if I have to stare at Ashe's a** in my sig for the purpose of making a joke. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:09 pm
Congrats AD, you truly are number 1. heart heart

Anyways, I just popped in to wish everyone a merry/happy . I personally shall be resting with my cats as so I can prepare for boxing not that I plan on having a busy boxing day because not many people want store credit at a book store.

Luv ya all,

Hoshi heart heart  

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

Iyou

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 5:44 pm
Merry Akahomas, everyone. whee heart

And Aydee wins at life once again. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 6:33 pm
Akahoshi - I won't be satisfied until I'm the search result for more awesome words. Like my friend's voice-recognition cell phone, which seems to think that "cheese!" sounds an awful lot like my name. (It doesn't.)

Merry Akahomas, love. heart Have a good one.

Iyou - Merry Akahomas. whee

I do what I can. xd  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

DarkishStar

Noob

6,775 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:12 pm
HI ALL!!!

Still writing college essays while we speak. But attempting to spread xmas cheer with a free art thread.. that no one is visiting. Ah well, less work for me I say!

And I got FFXII for xmas. Apparently my friends went on a crazy chase to find it because the collector's edition was sold out everywhere. And they got lost too. xD Gotta love them. xD But I've not had a chance to even play yet.

I can't wait for New Year's to come. I'll be ALL done with applications. Then I can be active again! x3 AND finish that pile of video games.

MERRY AKAHOMAS EVERYONE! I'll pop in after New Year's! XD

Darn, and I hope I didn't waste money on Eragon.. that I didn't buy, that was another gift. xD Didn't read it yet...

Hoshi: I love your stories. xD Had to say that. What bookstore do you work at?

AD: After skimming through that rant, I fear that my friend's efforts might have been for naught if I end up not liking it. gonk But I love Ivalice... the one from Final Fantasy Tactics anyways. xD Addicting game that was..

Ashman: Hong Kong. Was it really bootleg capital? xD

Laitue: Don't feel bad. I like politics too. So hopefully I'll like FF12 like you as well. xD  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1134 1135 1136 1137 1138 1139 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games