Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

T H I N N

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 9:03 am
Ah ... "contraversy"
( ... I'm pretty sure I spelled that wrong xp ninja )
I remember catching a glimpse of that story yesterday and just ... moving on. xd

I wonder though ... if those responsible went through the motions of getting permission to put up those displays. It was met with a ridiculous amount of hysteria, of course, but I wonder ... At least the police and bomb squad were up and at 'em pretty quickly, even if it was nothing. Can't really blame them too much, they've probably seen bombs in much stranger things.

Iyou>> I love how the media will show "famous" people, like Eminem, giving the bird and not say much on the subject, bbbbuuuttttt when this (finally) rears its head ... huh? What?

ITIZT3HAN1MAYT3D!!11ZOHNOEZZ!!!!!!!111oneoneone

AD>> I give credit even when credit is not due! scream domokun

... is that OK I wonder ...

I'll be looking into online Library Science degrees ... would be nice to be teaching in China and working on another degree at the same time. 3nodding

I don't think I'll be staying in China after this next semester. There's simply too much running around involved in all areas of life. In terms of how the Chinese seem to opporate - Everything MUST be complicated.

Laitue>> Busy life is busy?
sad

Koji>> I could not get through SH3. It still scares the pants off me, and not in that "jump out of nowhere and scream boo!" way. It's that "everything shrouded in darkness and you know things are out there and they make creepy noises whenever they feel like it" way.

And then you turn on the flashlight. xp

Congrats on doing something I don't want to do. xd
SH4 is fun. Not nearly as creepy, but has a pretty solid story. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 11:16 am
Ashram - If the signs had just been put up, I think it would have been a more reasonable reaction. But apparently the signs had been up for weeks, although the media doesn't seem to be making a big deal out of that part. Check the article that AD posted, it's on the bottom half of the page.

About SH3 - Man, I can't even begin to tell you how I couldn't handle that game. gonk I'm one of the biggest scaredy cats around. Even my boyfriend can surprise me when I know he's hiding in the shadows or around the corner. I guess it's because I can't handle things suddenly springing up in my face or something.  

Iyou

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 2:20 pm
Hi Hi one and all, I seem to have taken some time off, almost a month I think. And the reason for that is simple I'm busy, nothing more nothing less. Classes are taking up lots of time then work takes up more and by the time I'm home sleep takes up the rest. Oh and at some point I try to eat, since it winter and I need to keep my immune system high.

Anyways I missed lots I'm sure but whatever I can make it up later.

On the subject of the Ignignokt bombs, DEAR GOD THEY COULD HOVE KILLED MILLIONS. One exploded LED and it could have taken out someones eye and then infection leading to gangrene and then slow death. They saved us all I tell ya, SAVED US ALL. Not to mention Ignignokt flipping the bird as high as he could.

In short the whole thing made me laugh all day and still does.

Other than that I'm going to try to pop in here at least one a day, it I can.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 02, 2007 5:45 pm
Ashram - Giving credit all over the place, huh? All right, then!

I briefly considered that as a degree. It sounds less invasive on literature than a degree in English. I recommend you go for it; I think you'd like it. Plus, I'd finally have someone male to rant at/with about the state of popular literature. All the librarians I know are female. It's a little skewed.

Like Chinese fire drills?

Akahoshi - heart heart heart !!! You live! whee It's good to see you. Keep up your health, OK? We don't like a sick Akahoshi.

heart I look forward to seeing you more often.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Shin no Kimiko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 3:30 pm
Chinese firedrills are fun. :3  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:15 pm
Shin no Kimiko
Chinese firedrills are fun. :3

We don't see you for ages, and that's all you have to say?!?! I'd be disappointed if it weren't for the fact that I'm so very glad you're alive. heart heart heart Where on earth have you been?  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Shin no Kimiko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:23 pm
I've... actually been in the R&C for the most part. XD;; That, and at school.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:31 pm
Shin - Oh, of course. Offer a perfectly logical explanation so I can't stay angry... That's so like you. heart

How's school treating you, then?  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Shin no Kimiko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:36 pm
Pretty well, it's my last semester as a senior and I got into the colleges I applied to, so I'm just slacking. X3 Woohoo! All my classes are easy too, but then again, I'm only taking one AP course. ^^;

How has your life been?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:45 pm
Congrats on getting into your choice schools. I'm sure it was a piece of cake. Just try not to let senioritis get the best of you before you graduate.

My life's been pretty good, albeit a little strange without school. I've been done with college for nearly two years now and can't seem to wrap my brain around the concept. I'm sure I'll get used to it eventually...or break down and apply to to some Ph.D. programs. Meh.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Shin no Kimiko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:47 pm
Awoot, nice! :3 My bro finally graduated so my parents are all proud of him.. Even though I remember clearly a year ago, they told me I was their favorite because I wasn't a failure. o_o;

What did you major in?  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:52 pm
Aw, that's horrible! Your poor failure of a brother...

Psychology. I hated it at the time (still do, on occasion) but am looking toward the cognitive psychology programs at Stanford and Northwestern. Meanwhile, I'm playing fax monkey/walking dictionary/in-house IT girl in CubicleLand to pay the bills. Word of advice: spending time away from your field is a good way of gaining perspective, but don't allow yourself to get lost there.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Shin no Kimiko

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 8:55 pm
Ohh, I'm actually planning on majoring in psychology too. Or perhaps sociology.. Still in the midst of choosing between those two. I originally wanted to be an electrical engineer (waaaay on the other side of the spectrum) but I took an engineering course at school this year.. and I despised it.

I'll keep that in mind. But I need a job first. xd *used to work at Dairy Queen until the place closed down*  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:02 pm
Anyways, I gotta jet. I'll probably be lurking around here tomorrow so no worries!

Byebye! :3  

Shin no Kimiko

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 9:10 pm
When I first started at college, I wanted to major in biology... Tch.

There are two distinct sides to psychology: the side in which everyone wants to make people "better" (ie, clinical pyschology), and the side in which humans are treated like test subjects. Therefore, the field can be a little annoying for anyone who isn't a) a self-righteous b*****d or b) a sadist. (The only thing that's drawn me back to it is the study of psycholinguistics, which is not only an extremely interesting subfield, but also has a kickass name.)

If you need a job, I recommend your campus library once you start at college. Most schools have work-study programs that are great to exploit. Once you've decided on a major, you can switch your job to something within that department, like a lab.

Take care! heart  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1146 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games