Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 5:14 pm
Go me xd

I found out to day I can still sew, I spent two hours making what started out as a kitty, but became a hamster. And the only reason for that was because the pattern turned out smaller than I thought so everything was harder to work with, so after looking at it without the tail I decided it was a hamster. Either way it's cute. I plan to make a bigger one as a gift for a friend and now that I know it can be done in an afternoon I'll be able to get it done by friday and shipped off.

Well that's how I spent the day, making kitty hamsters. whee

Edit: I just noticed that Iyous' inventory exploded all over her. lol  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:04 pm
HAHAHAHAHA.

i like how there's mistletoe on the top.  

axel

Angelic Hunter

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:09 pm
I'm more of a fan of the birds, they seem to be trying to flee from the carnage. To me that just seems to give it a little more.... something.  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:11 pm
Akahoshi - xd Kitty hamsters... Only you could accomplish that kind of awesomeness.

Regarding Iyou: Holy fsk! I wonder if she's in there at all.

EDIT: This was a reading weekend for me, rather than a sewing weekend (as ADs cannot sew). I came home from my library with three books: Twilight, Basic Writings of Nietzsche, and Punctuate It Right.

I try to give any book a chance before declaring my hatred for it, but Twilight is even worse than I'd been led to believe. The characters can't seem to talk normally. They friggin' sigh, agree, intone, argue, breathe, guess, and chuckle; but they never flat-out say anything. This woman and Christopher Paolini should be a couple if they aren't already. I'm not even sure I can finish the book, which a bewildering 498 pages long. Blasted Mary Sue vampire novels.

I am not going to like Nietzsche. Period. There are very few philosophers I can tolerate; and he is not going to be one of them. I'm only reading this because the Xenosaga games were named for his works.

And...I'm a grammar geek. Punctuation r0xx0rz.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Iyou

PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 6:30 pm
Okay, okay. Enough of that silliness.

My friend, who had 48 items on, challenged me to pile more crap on my avatar than she had on hers. I beat her with 55. xd  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 04, 2007 7:14 pm
I just remembered I own a camera so I took a picture on KittyHami.
KittyHami (It's alittle big, no editing)

If you look it sorta has the head of a kitty but the tiny body of a hamster, thus it is KittyHami.

Oh and I forgot that on friday night I made a snowman well it was actually a puppy/moose.
Snow puppy moose(Once again it's alittle big, no editing)

AD - You and books, I have like one book that's taken me 4 months to read. (lack of time) and you have three. Though I work in a bookstore I know of books but I just never read them and get laughed at for it. My co-workers go through like a book a day and I sit around creating paper clip chains. I thinks I should really start reading more like one book a month. I know it's not a lot but it's a start.

Iyou - Ah, that explains it, and way to win.  

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Feb 05, 2007 6:01 pm
OK. I swear that this is the last time I mention this book, because while it IS an infinite source of mock-worthy material, I do not wish to torment any of you much further.

But I just had to share this little gem:

Twilight, page 287, chapter 14
He looked into the sun - the light of the setting orb glittered off his skin in ruby-tinged sparkles - and spoke.

Sparkly...vampire boyfriend. And the sun is an "orb." I'm returning this book tomorrow; you may all resume your regular lives.

Iyou - I believe that is known as "pwned."

Akahoshi - xd ! heart !! Awww! They're so...strangely interesting! And that puppy moose had me in stitches, thanks.

Well, I'm abandoning one of them. I don't necessarily read all of the books I take out, but I feel better having them around. And yes, you should read more. Be sure to ask me if you'd like any recommendations.

EDIT: In retaliation against the ongoing destruction of fiction, I've decided to release the next chapter of IC2. There are, rather sadly, no sparkly vampires in sight. I apologize for my clear ignorance of the creative process.

Chapter 9
Song: Sinch - Plasma

And while I have your attention, Seth and I have decided not to renew our rights to calculated-hysteria.com. I'll be moving IC back to my college webspace at that time, so bookmarks, if any exist, will need updating.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:31 am
I remember a day when Vampires + Sun = Bad, what ever happened to those days, I miss them so. Also Sparkly is just wrong, vampire and sparlky should not be in the same book.

I'm glad you like them, I'm making a new stuffie for a friend it's going to have a hidden feature. It still needs some work all I finished was the head last night , it also needs stuffing. But it looks cute, I made the pattern 2x bigger so it's easier to work with.

IC was a very good read, and it had lots of Akahoshi action, and even without the sparkly vampires it was still good. whee  

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

Shiro Nishida

Tipsy Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:32 am
Chap. 9 Excerpt
"I've decided something."

Iyou pulled the open travel guide from her face and squinted up at Memai. "What's that?"

"We're lost."

Serious. Memai. Win. The end. xd

As for Nietzsche, he's a pompous, self-righteous, socio-political a*****e who has on several occasions demonstrated delusions of grandeur... then again it's just my opinion, right? (even so, it's sad that his teachings are linked so heavily into influencing Adolf Hitler's many speeches neutral )

and the twilight book sounds like typical mary-sue (or could it be avatar insert?) vampire fiction flair. What's sad about this is that Amazon.com's reviews reflect that his book is "great" neutral

somehow, amazon.com's respect for level-minded reviewers fell -5 points for me. From now on, I'll stick to reviews done there for electronics instead. talk2hand

and as for Chapter 9 of the on-going IC saga, I was spellbound! *__* damn you for stealing all those hours upon hours to do something productive like, baking a cake or something AyDee! D:< (yes, I went there. cool )

and also it's good to see our resident hot-goth-geek girl is doing alright (even with snow all around her! gonk ) and it's pleasant to get to see Shin after so long (although she'll just lurk more often than post. Oh, woe is me. emo )

and no, I was not dead... I just forgot that threads have a shiny "reply" button biggrin (okay, truth is I was caught up trying to send a stuffed animal that's too big for any ordinary box to be sent in. crying Nyome, if you do come by here, I'M SORRY! gonk )

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 12:52 pm
I'm on the run right now, but there's one thing I have to say:

Quote:
"Seatbelt."

Memai snickered. "You're kidding."

A pointed glare from Iyou told her that there was no humor involved, and Memai reached for the buckle. "Fine."

xd I love you, AD.  

Iyou

Shin no Kimiko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 1:46 pm
I seriously cannot remember the password. gonk  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:46 pm
I'll PM it to you, hold on. whee  

Iyou

Shin no Kimiko

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 2:47 pm
Eeee, thank you~! heart  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:24 pm
Akahoshi - I don't know... Vampires are such a cool idea. Why do bad writers continue to abuse them?!

A hidden features? Like a glow-in-the-dark feature or a can-alter-the-space-time-continuum feature?

I'm glad you liked it, even though I neglected to abuse vampires.

Shiro - "Ongoing saga," eh? Close enough, I suppose. xd But what's this about baking cakes...?

Iyou - Yay! GASOCian love is the best kind. Well, the only kind I tolerate, really. And thanks for sending Shin the password. sweatdrop I really need a better question/password.

Shin - xd All right. It's a stupid question.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Xalome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 5:19 pm
!!

So I finally bought a computer. And I brought it home today! <3 It set me back like $1500 all told though, with warranty and suchs.

Butttt~ This computer.. 512 MB of RAM. 60 gig harddrive. The one I just bought.. 2 GB RAM. 320 gig harddrive. Which I will never fill up!

I cannot wait to get it set up.

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1147 1148 1149 1150 1151 1152 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games