Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Back to Guilds

Reply The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition
The Hangout....where sanity is overrated. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

axel

Angelic Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:49 am
gonk i declare war on popular fiction.

something i noticed about the nasty book aydee posted...
"And how did Clary suddenly get the Sight?"

sounds a lot like Garth Nix's series "Sabriel" in which a race of people called the "Clayr" have "Sight".
methinks i may be a nitpicky loser though.
i mean damn, everybody has the Sight these days.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:23 pm
@Hoshi--- That's true. ;D

@AD--- Dippin' Dots are so yummy though! And it seems we've all tried it at some point in our lives, but it just gets shoved to the back of our minds. They used to have a stand at the mall near my house, but they replaced it with a pretzel stand. And I hate pretzels. :'(

Erm. It has a stub of a tail. But I didn't look at its butt before I bought it!

Those books you [thankfuly] butchered made me die a little on the inside.

@Iyou--- yeah, they melt so quickly. ; ; But I heard that's because for the longest time, they were frozen at below 0, which is why they weren't prepared for home sale. So they would melt quicker than normal ice cream. I don't know why I know this much about Dippin' Dots either.

Hey, she named it, not me. XD
My poor lambcat.

@Shiro--- Thank you~ :3 I'll check them out.

Cookies 'n cream! Always. <3

@Axel--- Sabriel is one of my favorite books~ ; O;
The "sight" nowadays refers to anything from premonition to seeing ghosts of giant pandas.

Nyome

QAtheTenkou

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 1:24 pm
Ghost Rider - I'm just sad that I was the ONLY ONE IN THE PACKED THEATRE who giggled when he flipped open "Faust".

Yume - I'm sorry! I was busy! D=

Okay, fine, some explanations. xP Dad was in the hospital for a week and a half (he's okay), re-wiring some of the house, and blatantly ignoring that horrible Holiday they pack into February to make people buy useless things.

And I like my stalker. He's in a tux.

But...um...I'm good.

Sorry. ._.;

I know, I'll blame reading "Wicked", and "Son of a Witch". Yes. That has been eating all my time. Books. ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 2:41 pm
If I haven't said it recently, I'll say it now: I love you guys. xd Even the lurkers.

Ashram - True. The zombies were not armed.

THAT'S where the story was hiding?! Damn. I should have my friend mail my copy back to me so I can finally uncover Teh Amazing FFXII!!zomg!!! stare

Regarding the Atwater-Rhodes thing: Not only is she PUBLISHED, but she's been given numerous awards for being a young author. Her first book was published when she was 13 or some such nonsense. It was a first-person vampire novel, in case you were wondering.

Seth
- I think it's up to us to save the genre of teen fiction. I don't see help coming from anywhere else.

Shiro - Whoa, cool the fanboying, there! I'll get to it eventually.

I never really liked black leather on anything but chairs. stare

Which author? I think both have been accused of plagiarism at some point.

RoughDraft is my new favorite thing, especially the notes in the sidebar.

axel - I saw that, too! Clary = Clayr and Sight = Sight. Nothing too convoluted about that.

Nyome - Rule #1: Inspect the rear end of all potential plushies.

The state of the literary world makes my brain bleed. I can't imagine that's a good thing.

QA - Ahhh. Well, all of that would be distracting. I hope your dad recovers quickly from whatever it was that put him in the hospital.

Books are a good way to spend time. 3nodding Nothing wrong with that.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Find_The_XdOGx

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2007 5:17 pm
Shiro> Ah, it just saddens me that the world of literature is being subjected to such a cruel fate. Well one of us is bound to get published one day... right?

AD> Ack! You mean I actually have to stop procrastinating? Damn, I guess I'll have to actually get back to my projects then. Ah well, thus is the life of bringing intellect back to the literary world. Stupid people and their mindless entertainment!  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 4:13 pm
Seth - Indeed. xd

You'll find this amusing: What Kind of Writer Are You?  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2007 6:24 pm
I am the 'THE ATTENTION-DEFICIENT' writer. That pretty much described me although I think I boarder in 'TIPTOER' at times. Not that I'm a big writer but I do write when the mood hits me just right.

Shiro - We have signs we point to the signs we tell them what the signs say and mean, but it just doesn't sink in.

In other news, sewing patterns are hard to make, the ideas seem like the should work but getting a pattern to make it work is a lot harder to do.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 6:19 pm
Hay thar guyz.

My recent life in brief:
Today I am officially a legally responsible adult. Crap. But I guess, yay gifts, and such.
The Best Buy guys are lowlife charlatans. They've had The Lappy for 5 weeks, much longer than they said and they moved the date back like 4 times. Got it back tonight only to discover that it still won't work. Now they tell me it won't be back until March 19th gonk I want my photoshop back so I can draw things. I have a new webcomic idea.
Guitar Hero 2 is the s**t. Some friends and I had a pseudo-birthday party and played it for like 4 days straight.
I got into the Xfire chat with the VG Cats artist and he answered one of my questions. That was kinda cool
Calculus blows.

Oh, and I'm definitely a procrastinating writer. I'm taking an english course all about sci-fi this semester and have been meaning to write some of my ideas and have my teacher review them for several weeks now.

I'll have to come back and look into those firefox add-ons. Thanks Shiro!  

Alucard_

axel

Angelic Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2007 8:35 pm
alu: happy adulthood! here's your AARP card and a coupon for free senior breakfast at IHOP ;D

best buy sucks, they had my laptop for 2 months. gonk  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 1:22 pm
I come bearing gifts. Kinda.

I needed fresh examples for my Nyo&Co. Event Art Freebies threads, and who better to draw than GASOC members, right?

Sorry I couldn't draw everyone. > <; I draw kind of big, and I only needed a few examples anyways. And I'm a lazybutt and I don't like to crop and save multiple times, so I just kept it all on one page.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/shokkie/gasoc2.jpg

Nyome

Xalome

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2007 9:00 pm
It's so cute Nyo! <3

I haven't died. Reaaaally. razz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 11:24 am
Akahoshi - I'm a "Perfectionist"/"Procrastinator" writer. Sometimes I can't even start writing because I assume it'll be crap right from the outset, so I'll do anything else I possibly can, like cleaning everything in sight...or reading...or harassing people...

I don't envy your sewing patterns attempts. I had to sew something back in the 7th grade for home ec. It was supposed to be a baby duck, but I sewed one of the wings on backwards. Poor thing. Good luck to you, though! xd

Alucard - Congrats on being legal. It certainly has its benefits.

And yes, Best Buy is useless.

Nyome - Is that...? o.O!!!! heart heart How lovely! Thank you so much!! I hereby renew my no-longer-secret campaign to somehow get more IC art out of you. Thank you for thinking of us. You so rock. heart heart *steals you*

Laitue - Yes, you have, you foul dead creature. Stop smelling up the guild with your decomposition.  

Abandoned Dreams
Captain

axel

Angelic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 6:11 pm
nyo> ; w; AUGH those are awesome heart heart thank you!
you're such a sweetie *chews on* 4laugh heart  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 8:47 pm
Am I the only one that finds it funny that those firework thingies look like they're exploding in your faces. It might just be me but that was always a bad thing when a firework did that.

BAH, too sleep post normal tomorrow.  

Saisei Hoshi
Crew

QAtheTenkou

PostPosted: Sat Feb 24, 2007 9:38 pm
This guy really is a stalker. xd It's hilarious to be in Towns and have this weird little family trailing along...

Wonder what it's like with the duck hat?

Yume - Thanks for the well-wishing. heart Well, technically, he won't recover. Congestive Heart Failure. Basically, the heart doesn't work like it should anymore. This alone can't kill you, it's all the "side effects", primarily fluid building up in the body and killing off organs. ._.; So he has to watch his salt intake.

And me being the weird one, I was giggling at the sheets the doctors gave him on info for CHF. Twice it would say, "If it doesn't feel right, it's wrong!" Or something like that. Freaking hilarious. xd

We have an in-home nurse coming for a couple weeks. Fluid had built up in his legs, and when he'd gotten a large blister, it popped and wouldn't heal. So they hooked up a little vacuum to it. All the nurse does is come in and change the seal. Stupidly simple and I can do it better than the nurse.

On the amusing side, the in-home nurse looked at me oddly, "You seem familiar..."

: biggrin ad:: She works for Wal-Mart.

::Nurse:: OMG Nicole from Toys! surprised

: biggrin ad:: You're famous! xd

::Me:: ...I'm moving. stare

Also got yet another new book. YAY! A manager bought two of the same book and sold the spare to me cheap. I had leant her the first, which was got her hooked in the first place.

Type of writer: I am the Procras...eh, I'll finish it later.

*waits to buy art from Nyome* ninja  
The Gaian Art Shop Owners Coalition

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 1152 1153 1154 1155 1156 1157 ... 1219 1220 1221 1222 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games